Is Common Sense Dead?

"And the turtles, of course… all the turtles are free
As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be."

Dr. Seuss

• Banned
Okie dokie. Am I alone in thinking making three little kids cry as they put their baby turtle in the trash might not have been the airline's best moment?

They could have made an exception. Of course then people would bitch that they wanted an exception made for them. The girl's father should have called the airline to check about their policy on yertle the turtle and the whole trashed turtle would have been avoided. Then again, if the airline folks had just thrown a towel over the cage no one else on the plance would have been the wiser.

I haven't flown in 23 years so color me shocked that this airline lets you bring dogs, cats and birds on airplanes and they can be in the cabin. Really?

• Banned
Yea. I dunno why, but they do. And I agree, the Dad was a jerk for not checking and for not staying in the airport till his girls' plane had left the ground.

But I cannot get this image outta my head: airline employees telling little kids to toss the turtle in the trash and board the plane. Little kids crying.

Truly, do people need a course in common fucking sense to say something that would have reduced the kids' misery? Mebbe "we'll hold the turtle here and call your Dad to come and get it?"

• Banned
Mebbe I'm just turning into that crabby little old lady I swore as a teenager I would never become, but honest to pete, people seem to be turning their brains off a lot more lately.

Politics itself is contrary to common sense.

When my guy does it it is fine, or your guys fault.
When your guy does it it ruins everything.

Faith disables reasoning.

Last edited:
Well, I ain't no history buff uscitizen, but todays' pols and their hijinks don't seem any better or worse to me than yesterdays'.

Does sorta seem as if people are stunned or something. Lots of blank stares as if they're all confuzzled about what to do, and lots of following the rules when doing so is idiotic.

Or mebbe I'm just getting crabbier.

Well, we watched tv.

How else did we kill common sense off?

I would say sometimes, we let education (book learning) take away real world experiences and instill too much political correctness. Many just go by the book and forget we have a brain to circumvent stupid rules of a book or law.

Forum List

Back