Is CNN on Death Watch?

Tom Sweetnam

Platinum Member
Aug 27, 2014
8000' up in the san juan mountain foothills
Do you think the network is done for? I hope so. It's been the most reprehensible organ of race-baiting and hate since Dr. Goebbels' radio & cinema broadcasts. And what was with that little English prick who couldn't open his mouth without spitting venom at America? Where the hell did CNN think that was going to take them? Into the sewer, flushed and forgotten like they very soon will be? So long CNN. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Yeah, an Arab is a shareholder in Fox's parent company, owns something like 9% of outstanding shares. And with those good luck trying to throw your weight around in Roger's boardroom.

As for CNN, who knows? The new honcho has already, as promised, introduced totally different programming here and there throughout their schedule, so I'd assume they've got a time frame they're working on to see how the public reacts vs. whatever their expectations were going in. After that it's stay the course, start tweaking, or move on to Plan B.

Unless CNN decides to try for taxpayer funding like PBS the consumers will be the judge of whether they live or die.

Yanno.................for most of my military career (from 1982 until 2002), I watched CNN almost religiously, because they told me pretty much where I was going to end up.

Around 2005 to 2006, I quit watching them because of the way they decided to broadcast the "news". They were more interested in what was going on with the glitterati than what was actually going on in the world, which is why I quit watching their channel.

Me personally? I hope CNN tanks, because they are no better than the garbage being spouted on FAUX Nooze.

The BBC is tops in my book for reporting news. Yeah, I have to stay up a couple of hours later than I'd like to catch it, but I still consider it worth the effort.

Good riddance CNN, I hope you have as much credibility as FAUX Nooze.

Yeah, an Arab is a shareholder in Fox's parent company, owns something like 9% of outstanding shares. And with those good luck trying to throw your weight around in Roger's boardroom.

As for CNN, who knows? The new honcho has already, as promised, introduced totally different programming here and there throughout their schedule, so I'd assume they've got a time frame they're working on to see how the public reacts vs. whatever their expectations were going in. After that it's stay the course, start tweaking, or move on to Plan B.

Fox may have a Arab shareholder, but does more to expose Muslim terrorism than the rest. How about PBS, ever watch the O'Keefe sting of PBS number two man licking the boots of Muslim Brotherhood terrorists to get a donation. Google it.

Last time I looked at CNN, they were spending hours doing live coverage of an ebola patient being moved.

Hence, fear-based conservatives were glued to the screen. It's known as Conservative News Network for a reason.

Do you think the network is done for? I hope so. It's been the most reprehensible organ of race-baiting and hate since Dr. Goebbels' radio & cinema broadcasts. And what was with that little English prick who couldn't open his mouth without spitting venom at America? Where the hell did CNN think that was going to take them? Into the sewer, flushed and forgotten like they very soon will be? So long CNN. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

If CNN dies the liberals will only replace it with something worse.

Last time I looked at CNN, they were spending hours doing live coverage of an ebola patient being moved.

Hence, fear-based conservatives were glued to the screen. It's known as Conservative News Network for a reason.

CNN is not conservative at all. But thanks for playing

I believe the wave of the future is internet bloggers delivering the news. I believe they usually are among the first to report what is happening so they should get the rewards that go with that. That's my 2 cents.

Fox may have a Arab shareholder, but does more to expose Muslim terrorism than the rest. How about PBS, ever watch the O'Keefe sting of PBS number two man licking the boots of Muslim Brotherhood terrorists to get a donation. Google it.

Communism is a far greater threat than Islamic terrorism, imo, and the last time I watched FOX (long time ago) I didn't notice them addressing the subject.

CNN is trying to be a news network? Are you stoned?

Sorry.................but crowd sourcing a "news story" from Twitter sounds like they are more of a social network with "reporters".

The Sad thing is that unlike Fox and MSNBC, CNN is still trying to be a news network.

Say what???
Are you serious??
Like ABikerSailor, years ago I watched and enjoyed CNN. They use to be a solid/serious news network that for the most part was objective.
Then something happened. I don't know what it was, but it was seismic. Seemingly overnight they shifted considerably left at the same time spent ENORMOUS time reporting on the "Dead Blonde of the Month" or some Hollywood nonsense story. Their opinion shows went from informative and in depth to "newstertainment" and hired fluffs to read off of prompters.

If CNN dies, they did so by their own doing.

Say what???
Are you serious??
Like ABikerSailor, years ago I watched and enjoyed CNN. They use to be a solid/serious news network that for the most part was objective.
Then something happened. I don't know what it was, but it was seismic. Seemingly overnight they shifted considerably left at the same time spent ENORMOUS time reporting on the "Dead Blonde of the Month" or some Hollywood nonsense story. Their opinion shows went from informative and in depth to "newstertainment" and hired fluffs to read off of prompters.

Yes, they all do that to get ratings. CNN doesn't pander to a particular political bent, though.

Forum List

Back