Is climate change ruining the London Olympics

That's called "weather".

More than that, it seems like it may be a part of an accelerating trend of extreme weather events that correlate with the expectations of an anthropogenic GHG forced climate change.

So, what does AGW do? Does it make the planet warmer or colder? Does it make it wetter or dryer?

On a globally averaged basis there is net warming. As the additional energy equilibrates through out the environment, it can generate many different responses depending upon how it changes local patterns and systems.

More than that, it seems like it may be a part of an accelerating trend of extreme weather events that correlate with the expectations of an anthropogenic GHG forced climate change.

So, what does AGW do? Does it make the planet warmer or colder? Does it make it wetter or dryer?

On a globally averaged basis there is net warming. As the additional energy equilibrates through out the environment, it can generate many different responses depending upon how it changes local patterns and systems.

So present a testable experiment to confirm what you claim is occuring. Come on, that is the most basic of scientific principles. Remember no computer models only OBSERVABLE experiments are allowed.

So present a testable experiment to confirm what you claim is occuring.

Ah, if only we had a means of deriving the average temperature of the planet over time,...oh, wait, we do!

Think Like a Scientist | A Student's Guide to Global Climate Change | US EPA

NCDC: Global Warming (too bad it doesn't include the last decade, much warmer than anything else on the graph)

Ah, I know how much you prefer pictures to words:

trakar-albums-agw-picture4715-co2-temp.jpg

That the sort of confirmation you looking for?
(I'm not sure what you've got against computer models, the petroleum industry has been heavily dependent upon them for the last 3-4 decades and generally find them pretty useful and reliable - as have physicists, astronomers, chemists, geologists as well as virtually all other natural scien..., ah!!! I see. You think computers are evil demon boxes trying to steal your soul don't you! - make sure you take your meds before you go to bed!)

Last edited:
apparently, ...you are, but I'm willing to look at any compelling evidence you care to present to the contrary.
That's easy. Any of your posts in the Environmental forum.

Any more questions?

Nope, you have done quite well at establishing your delusional state, nothing left for me to accent.
Awww, your projection is cute. Or it would be, if it weren't so entirely predictable.

Say, I've got an idea: How about you link to a post or thread where you were presented with facts that supported a conclusion you disagreed with initially, but were swayed to support by the evidence presented?

You'll understand if I don't hold my breath.

Last edited:
Another PRICELESS AGW thread purporting to show the effects of LITERALLY a one degree AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature increase..

You think ONE DEGREE in your lifetime means anything to a hurricane or a cumulo-nimbus?? I can understand the alarmists threatening us with events in the far off future... But I have no evidence that the 2000ppm CO2 levels during the dinosaurs led to horrific weather events -- do you?

BTW: How about that 2012 Hurricane Season eh??? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the "big one".... Aren't you?
If the ecosystem were so fragile that it'd be upset by a 1-degree variation in temperatures, this would be a lifeless ball of rock.

I KNOW -- I KNOW !!! :lol: According to Ole Rocks, we inherited some kind of intergalactic Lemon that will literally blow up under us -- if it reaches 3 or 5 degrees and the Arctic Methane lights off...

Should have check the PlanetFacts before we signed the lease..
...and coughed up for the extended warranty. :lol:

Ah, if only we had a means of deriving the average temperature of the planet over time,...oh, wait, we do!

NCDC: Global Warming (too bad it doesn't include the last decade, much warmer than anything else on the graph)

(I'm not sure what you've got against computer models, the petroleum industry has been heavily dependent upon them for the last 3-4 decades and generally find them pretty useful and reliable - as have physicists, astronomers, chemists, geologists as well as virtually all other natural scien..., ah!!! I see. You think computers are evil demon boxes trying to steal your soul don't you! - make sure you take your meds before you go to bed!)
Computer models are great -- when they're properly written and data isn't massaged to arrive at the predetermined conclusion.

Say, have you seen a hockey stick around here?

Computer models are great -- when they're properly written and data isn't massaged to arrive at the predetermined conclusion.

You seem to be the only one "massaging" anything and its not a pretty sight, everyone who has thoroughly and correctly examined the temperature data of the last few thousand years has derived a similar plotting graph, but I'd be glad to take a look at any study you know of that presents a dramatically different finding.

OBSERVABLE, TESTABLE, HYPOTHESIS. Not correlation equals causation crap. C'mon junior. It's called basic scientific methods.

You seem to be the only one "massaging" anything and its not a pretty sight, everyone who has thoroughly and correctly examined the temperature data of the last few thousand years has derived a similar plotting graph, but I'd be glad to take a look at any study you know of that presents a dramatically different finding.

Reall? What are all those "corrections" that Hansen is doing to the historical temperature record all about? Enquiring minds want to know.

You could start by trying to explain this little anomaly.. From Roy Spencer, Ph. D. he shows the difference between his simple population adjusted data prep and "THE OFFICIAL" USHCN database.

The diff shows a LEAP of nearly a couple decades buried in the 1996 to the 1998 period.
A time of extensive fiddling with the raw surface data. You believe that REAL or artifact induced by improper data handling??

USHCN-minus-ISH-PDAT-US-1973-thru-May-2012.png

Uh -- That was for TRAKAR -- the guy who claims he's never seen anything flaky in the Surface Temp data..

OR ANYONE who believes that we warmed several decades circa 1997.

Reall? What are all those "corrections" that Hansen is doing to the historical temperature record all about? Enquiring minds want to know.

You do seem rather like a National Enquirer subscriber, that aside, point to any specific and particular "correction" that you find unusual or improper and we can explore it to see if there is anything peculiar about the situation.

It's not up to me to prove anything. I'm not the one claiming Man is responsible for anything happening.

The AGW cult has failed to offer clear proof using accepted standard scientific practices.

This is undeniable. Well, it's undeniable to those who value science. Those who value politics and agenda and view science as their servant will deny it all day long.

You do seem rather like a National Enquirer subscriber, that aside, point to any specific and particular "correction" that you find unusual or improper and we can explore it to see if there is anything peculiar about the situation.

I put one peculiar artifact of "corrections" right in front of your face. I now know that you don't WANT to see it or understand it because it would ruin your stance of NEVER SEEING any artifacts in the massaged data..

Nice deflection....

BTW: Not only is the SHAPE and MAGNITUDE of that artifact phoney looking (which is why Dr. Roy throws it out to the public without comment) but if you've got any statistical math skills, you'll notice that during that "adjustment" the month to month VARIANCE in the data looks NOTHING like the rest of the plot..

Last edited:
I thought it caused droughts?

Newsflash: Droughts are also extreme events.

So, you're telling us that it causes rain and drought, and you have also claimed it causes heat and cold right? So tell me. Mr. physicist. How do you devise an experiment that will allow us to test a hypothesis that predicts BOTH sides of any event?

Hmmmmm? What do scientists call untestable hypotheses?

It's not up to me to prove anything. I'm not the one claiming Man is responsible for anything happening.

No, you are claiming that people have deliberately committed fraud and worse, without presenting any compelling supportive evidence to corroborate your assertions.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

No, you are claiming that people have deliberately committed fraud and worse, without presenting any compelling supportive evidence to corroborate your assertions.
And what came before that?

The claims that man is responsible for the changing climate.

Do keep up.

The Times | UK News, World News and Opinion

“SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.

The UEA’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) was forced to reveal the loss following requests for the data under Freedom of Information legislation. “

You can't have the data. I mean -- we'll make it available to qualified researchers that we like. Well -- you can't have it -- the dog ate it... Happens frequently to data bases purported dramatic AGW evidence..

“SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.

The UEA’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) was forced to reveal the loss following requests for the data under Freedom of Information legislation. “

You can't have the data. I mean -- we'll make it available to qualified researchers that we like. Well -- you can't have it -- the dog ate it... Happens frequently to data bases purported dramatic AGW evidence..

Yes, it's common for elite researchers to "lose" their raw data built up over 20 some odd years. Happens ALL the time.:eusa_whistle:

Yes, it's common for elite researchers to "lose" their raw data built up over 20 some odd years. Happens ALL the time.:eusa_whistle:

In fact -- it's epidemic in AGW research -- even tho Trakar claims there is no such thing, he's BEEN on threads where these inexcusable lapses of data handling have happened.

Not long ago -- IAnC published this one..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...ivities-called-into-question.html#post5515814

IPCC climate sensitivities called into question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

last year I pointed out that the only quantification of climate sensitivity (feedback) that was based on data rather than computer models showed a value of close to one rather than the two, three or five that alarmists like to use. a statistician, Nik Lewis (who's rebuttal of Steig's antarctica was also an interesting foray into peer review) also pointed out to the IPCC the irregular methodologies used to calculate the values which led to a correction being published.

Lewis has now found serious apparent flaws in the supposed data used by Forest in two of the studies used, as well as follow on studies. after being rebuffed for the raw data and methodologies, he went to the publishing Journal, which asked Forest for the data. unfortunately the data is now 'lost'. how typical of climate science. deny, delay, destroy.

Throwing down the gauntlet on reproducibility in Climate Science – Forest et al. (2006) | Watts Up With That?

Questioning the Forest et al. (2006) sensitivity study | Climate Etc.

Forum List

Back