Is climate change ruining the London Olympics

Again you seem to look at your computer monitor and see yourself instead of what others are writing. I am open to the discussion of any and all positions and perspectives, but agreement with them requires compelling supportive evidences and a solidly reasoned position and that won't be accomplished with the ideological rants and rhetoric that seem the extent of consideration of any and all issues that I've seen so far.

Yes, I'm sure it's just coincidence that the things you disagree with are all ideological rants and rhetoric.

I don't know where you get that idea? there are a lot of things that I agree with that are basically ideological rants and rhetoric.

Whether or not something is a rant and rhetoric has more to do with the framing, qualification and support we use when making an argument than the position or perspective we adopt with regard to any given topic of discussion.

Rant - Speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way

Rhetoric - Language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but is often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.

Disney - A land where "cost" is not a factor in any discussion and consideration of necessary tradeoffs doesnt exist.

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::poop:

We can all sit here until the cows come home talking abut the "consensus science"!!! We can even all agree 100% that climate change is man made and the threat must be confronted. But........so.........fucking...........what..........assholes!!! Civilized society is not going back to wodden ships, hand trucks and riding bicycles...........100% certainty. The alarmist case, even if it could be proven, is moot in the bigger picture. Imagine ( only the k00ks could) of a pol coming out and demanding legislation banning fossil fuels = everybody's cell phone goes away tomorrow!!! That'll go over real big!!! :2up::banana::2up::banana::2up: These assholes best hope is for somebody to invent a time machine for all of us because no significant change in reduction in CO2 is happening in our lifetimes. Zero percent chance. May change a smidge but no more than a smidge.

So........you see..........Disney is where it is at for the alarmist contingent. The deniers, hated as they are, dominate in the feet on the floor contest and always will...........the evidence is ALL THERE s0ns!!! ( best estimate for renewables is 10% of the energy market by 2035 )

You assholes dont have dick.

614-4.jpg

Last edited:
Another PRICELESS AGW thread purporting to show the effects of LITERALLY a one degree AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature increase..

You think ONE DEGREE in your lifetime means anything to a hurricane or a cumulo-nimbus?? I can understand the alarmists threatening us with events in the far off future... But I have no evidence that the 2000ppm CO2 levels during the dinosaurs led to horrific weather events -- do you?

BTW: How about that 2012 Hurricane Season eh??? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the "big one".... Aren't you?

Last edited:
Interesting. For in all of those threads, I was pointing out ongoing research, and, in some cases, predictions that scientists were doing.

Of particular interest is this one.

Prediction: New Surface Temperature Record in 2013

For you see, at the very time the denialists on this board were insisting that we were in a cooling period, the scientists, Foster and Rahmstorf, stated that by their mathematical analysis, 2012 should be a very hot year, and 2013 even more so. Thus far, their predictions have been correct.
An 83 foot rise in sea level? This isn't fear-mongering?

You're utterly delusional. Of course, to be an AGW cultist, you HAVE to be.
Now Davey Boy, when you can actually contribute something that remotely indicates a reasonable intellect is posting, we will all be pleasantly surprised.
You don't want discussion. You want immediate and unquestioning agreement and endorsement.

Anything else is "unreasonable" and "unintelligent".

Right? Be honest for once.

Now Davey Boy, you are such a silly ass. Had you read the article, you might have noticed the time frame, and what the basis of the predictions are. Then again, were you capable of reading with understanding, you would not be posting such silly twaddle.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2oijXobDCQ]CO2 or Blackhole Sun You decide - YouTube[/ame]

Another PRICELESS AGW thread purporting to show the effects of LITERALLY a one degree AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature increase..

You think ONE DEGREE in your lifetime means anything to a hurricane or a cumulo-nimbus?? I can understand the alarmists threatening us with events in the far off future... But I have no evidence that the 2000ppm CO2 levels during the dinosaurs led to horrific weather events -- do you?

BTW: How about that 2012 Hurricane Season eh??? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the "big one".... Aren't you?
If the ecosystem were so fragile that it'd be upset by a 1-degree variation in temperatures, this would be a lifeless ball of rock.

Interesting. For in all of those threads, I was pointing out ongoing research, and, in some cases, predictions that scientists were doing.

Of particular interest is this one.

Prediction: New Surface Temperature Record in 2013

For you see, at the very time the denialists on this board were insisting that we were in a cooling period, the scientists, Foster and Rahmstorf, stated that by their mathematical analysis, 2012 should be a very hot year, and 2013 even more so. Thus far, their predictions have been correct.
An 83 foot rise in sea level? This isn't fear-mongering?

You're utterly delusional. Of course, to be an AGW cultist, you HAVE to be.
Now Davey Boy, when you can actually contribute something that remotely indicates a reasonable intellect is posting, we will all be pleasantly surprised.
You don't want discussion. You want immediate and unquestioning agreement and endorsement.

Anything else is "unreasonable" and "unintelligent".

Right? Be honest for once.

Now Davey Boy, you are such a silly ass. Had you read the article, you might have noticed the time frame, and what the basis of the predictions are. Then again, were you capable of reading with understanding, you would not be posting such silly twaddle.
Yeah, yeah, we're all gonna die, and world-wide redistribution of wealth is the only that that will save us.

Yawn.

Reality is science based, and you reject science in favor of your ideological beliefs.

(snip of tired and unsupported tropisms regarding renewable energy)

I have no problem with using carbon resources for the creation of plastics, they generally don't break down into environmentally active carbon. And fertilizers (NH3) can be made from air(Nitrogen) and water(hydrogen) requiring only energy to power the processes.

You are the only one looking crazed with speckles of you own foamed dementia splashed about yourself, now wipe your face and join your little friend oddball (these kids and their silly nicknames) back at the card table and let the adults talk and finish their coffee.
Have you ever done anything to merit that level of arrogance? NOTE "Being a liberal" simply won't do.

Although I expect that's all you've got.

But you've made it abundantly clear your mind is closed. That's another trait of cultists.

Again you seem to look at your computer monitor and see yourself instead of what others are writing. I am open to the discussion of any and all positions and perspectives, but agreement with them requires compelling supportive evidences and a solidly reasoned position and that won't be accomplished with the ideological rants and rhetoric that seem the extent of consideration of any and all issues that I've seen so far.
Now who's projecting...?

Have you ever done anything to merit that level of arrogance? NOTE "Being a liberal" simply won't do.

Although I expect that's all you've got.

But you've made it abundantly clear your mind is closed. That's another trait of cultists.

Now who's projecting...?

apparently, ...you are, but I'm willing to look at any compelling evidence you care to present to the contrary.

Now who's projecting...?

apparently, ...you are, but I'm willing to look at any compelling evidence you care to present to the contrary.
That's easy. Any of your posts in the Environmental forum.

Any more questions?

record summer rainfall

That's called "weather".

More than that, it seems like it may be a part of an accelerating trend of extreme weather events that correlate with the expectations of an anthropogenic GHG forced climate change.

:lol::lol: So, what does AGW do? Does it make the planet warmer or colder? Does it make it wetter or dryer? Remember, you only get to choose ONE from each pair...otherwise you end up with a non-falsifiable hypothesis...you know...like you have allready created.:eusa_whistle:

If the ecosystem were so fragile that it'd be upset by a 1-degree variation in temperatures, this would be a lifeless ball of rock.

I KNOW -- I KNOW !!! :lol: According to Ole Rocks, we inherited some kind of intergalactic Lemon that will literally blow up under us -- if it reaches 3 or 5 degrees and the Arctic Methane lights off...

Should have check the PlanetFacts before we signed the lease..

Forum List

Back