Is China a threat to world peace?

Do you all think China could be a potential threat in the near future? Their military build up is very suspicious. They haven't answered why they've been doing it, only saying that it's because of "balance" yet the "balance" will be greatly tilted in their favor in less then a year if they keep up the build up.
On the military front, China could become a threat, but not a serious threat. The natives (and maybe Tibet) will get restless and tire of the communist ways and will keep the CHICOM government busy for a while.

However, on the economic front, China could be a problem, seeing as they own our debt and they are growing fast (although the current economic meltdown could slow that). And the way they gobbling up resources will cause some problems.

They are too busy kicking the West's ass in the Trade War! This year China official surpassed the US in the manufactured goods sector, how long before the surpass our GDP?Economyincrisis.org - America's Economic Report - Daily
If China keeps making defective & poisonous products, manufacturing will start to fail and outsorucing companies will haul ass elsewhere.

"As weaponry gets more and more sophisticated . . . I think we'll find ourselves more vulnerable for parts that are being manufactured by an adversary. It's really something the Pentagon needs to look at seriously," said commission member Bill Reinsch, also president of the National Foreign Trade Council, which promotes free trade on behalf of businesses.

"Commission members said the group had never delved so deeply into national security issues.

The report said that China's military advances "have surprised U.S. defense and intelligence officials, and raised questions about the quality of our assessments of China's military capabilities."
China's spying poses threat to US technology secrets, panel says - The Boston Globe
Maybe the Defense industry should stop hiring Chinese-Americans. Maybe then our stuff won't end up in China's hands.

They are too busy kicking the West's ass in the Trade War! This year China official surpassed the US in the manufactured goods sector, how long before the surpass our GDP?

We should be less afraid of China's military and more afraid of their US killing economy!

Economyincrisis.org - America's Economic Report - Daily

Economy and military are one and the same issue in this case, a Nation with a stronger economy will eventually have a stronger military (except for Japan).
The only reason the US was able to become the biggest Superpower was because of its economy. Because Military cost money, you need to be able to afford it: your economy is the reason why you have your military.

China could mean trouble for Russia, as a matter of fact there were armed border clashes in the 1970s, however they now joined together in their own Nato equivalent.

I didn't know that, Russia and China have their own military alliance? Can you provide a link?
I didn't notice any of it during the war in Georgia, didn't Russia ask for China's (diplomatic) support back then? And as I remember the Russians got a clear "no". I do know that Russia and China are good trading partners with regard of military equipment, because Russia is the only nation that supplies China with military equipment because of the Weapon embargo against China.

Last edited:
China is presently looking to flex its muscle and reach global superpower status. It is close to doing that from a military perspective, but still some distance away in terms of economic progress. I suspect that China will try to flex its muscle in some way....some where in the world....in the next ten years so. The most likely place would be right across their pond in Taiwan. The current Taiwanese administration has worked towards getting to a closer relationship with mainland China. There is growing resentment within the country on this front. I expect that there will be general elections in Taiwan within the next year or two, and the opposition parties will be swept into power. And, in order to make a point, the new government will do something to poke mainland China. China will react, and the US will be unable or unwilling to get involved, and China will be unchallenged. That incident will be the turning point when it becomes obvious to the world that China is now a true superpower in the world with no superiors, and one peer.

New Topics

Forum List

Back