Is Cheney Crazy?

lol Jay. :lol:

Where do you find those?

but really, how is scaring the everloving shit out of some scumbag terrorist, torture?

Or is it just rhetoric? :)
eh libs?

To those like you, perhaps it is absolutely meaningless rhetoric. To OURS who depend on it being followed:

Geneva Conventions Treaty

Article 3 states that even where there is not a conflict of international character the parties must as a minimum adhere to minimal protections described as: noncombatants, members of armed forces who have laid down their arms, and combatants who are hors de combat (out of the fight) due to wounds, detention, or any other cause shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, with the following prohibitions:
(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;
(b) taking of hostages;
(c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment
(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples. Fourth Geneva Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TORTURE IS ILLEGAL. It isn't limited to uniformed combatants. It includes every human being in the world. You people that would turn this country into some kind of fascist banana republic need to just come clean and denounce freedom and morality.

Where do you find those?

but really, how is scaring the everloving shit out of some scumbag terrorist, torture?

eh libs?

To those like you, perhaps it is absolutely meaningless rhetoric. To OURS who depend on it being followed:

Article 3 states that even where there is not a conflict of international character the parties must as a minimum adhere to minimal protections described as: noncombatants, members of armed forces who have laid down their arms, and combatants who are hors de combat (out of the fight) due to wounds, detention, or any other cause shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, with the following prohibitions:
(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;
(b) taking of hostages;
(c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment
(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples. Fourth Geneva Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TORTURE IS ILLEGAL. It isn't limited to uniformed combatants. It includes every human being in the world. You people that would turn this country into some kind of fascist banana republic need to just come clean and denounce freedom and morality.
wow
nice post, totally irelevant, but nice
since those combatants dont meet the qualifications listed in that part

and btw, the USA is not a signatory of the forth convention and thus are not bound to it

There's no logic to this debate because it really comes down to one's opinion about whether torturing your prisoners is okay or not.

Obviously some of us believe that it's morally wrong, others believe it's jmorally ustified.

This is an impasse, folks.

We cannot debate an issue of morality, we can only tell others how we feel about it.

Ummm.............heres the torture debate in a nut shell where Dick Cheney is concerned ( apply your own 1,000 words, because as they say..................)

Dickcheney-1.jpg

The country has spoken on this...........they are not enamoured with the new tactics of giving the bad guys a Blimpie Sub and a Coke to get info.................

nancy-pelosi.jpg

Lets face it........the debate, if there really was one in the first place ( this is an issue only popular amongst the 21%er k00ks) died in spectacular fashion when reporters got in Pelosi's face a couple of months ago and she looked like a deer in the headlights. The majority of Americans said to themselves, "She's lying!!!"

CASE CLOSED s0ns

"I don’t know of anybody who died from torture."
-- Rush, claiming Jesus was just a myth, Link

Hey, moron, pay attention:

Jesus didn't die from torture. He died from being executed.

The execution was barbaric and tortuous.

But the death was from being deliberately PUT to death.

Freakin' dumbass Snowbacks.

Unbelievable. Now the spinmeisters are even rewriting The Bible.

You're a dumbass.

Dictionary: cru·ci·fy (krū'sə-fī')

Home > Library > Literature & Language > Dictionarytr.v., -fied, -fy·ing, -fies.
To put (a person) to death by nailing or binding to a cross.
To mortify or subdue (the flesh).
To treat cruelly; torment: crucified the awkward child with teasing.
To criticize harshly; pillory: The media crucified the politician for breaking a campaign pledge.

Jesus was crucified, put to death by being nailed to a cross. That is execution, not torture you stupid fuck!!

Or is he trying to cover up all the illegal crap he did? None of the files released show anything like he keeps saying about how they kept US safe.

Oh, wasn't it on their watch that we had 9-11 a few months after they failed to read the briefing that "Al Quaeda Determined to Attach in US."

They blew it out their butts and then in panic threw out any laws they didn't like.

He still has his Ducan idiots who say that training our troops in SERE training using waterboarding is the same as waterboarding suspected terrorists.

In SERE training, you know they are on your side and won't kill you. In Cheney's Gitmo, that wasn't the case. They did actually kill a few "suspected" terrorists.

The Cheney supporters have lost touch with any reality but the one he has created in his own dark little mind.

Too many chicken craps in congress etc, however, to really follow up his crimes and the other crimes of the Bush administration. In breeding brings out the worst in our politicians.

If any other country did this to our men, we would have obliterated them, but it's okay because we are the good guys.:evil:

Cheney better hope there is not heaven or hell, because he won't be able to lie to God.

Cheney is just trying to keep from going to prison.

What would he go to prison for? Please provide evidence of his alleged crime.

Where do you find those?

eh libs?

(b) taking of hostages;

The Geneva Convention doesn't apply to non-uniformed combatants. They also do not apply to nations that have not signed onto them. The conventions are intented as an incentive for BOTH SIDES to follow them, not just one of them which the liberals assume.

Honestly.........who couldnt love these get Dick Cheney........get George Bush threads??? They make for great entertainment imo............
When I was blogging over on other political forums, I watched for 3 years..........the k00ks post up their threads on the certain "impeachement" of President Bush. At least 100 times, these people got the public humiliation pwn compliments of my gay MSPAINT Photobucket classics..........yet the perpetual nutty ass rants continued. Its remarkable theatre to watch self-assurred mental cases crash and burn in spectacular fashion..............and its happening once again here with the Dick Cheney rants, as if he's going to end up being jailed!!!:lol::lol::eusa_clap::funnyface::rofl:

Actually......... I need more Cheney stuff...................but here is a Photobucket classic from a couple of years ago:clap2:

ACDD1A8C128671_Large-2.jpg

Where do you find those?

eh libs?

(b) taking of hostages;

The Geneva Convention doesn't apply to non-uniformed combatants. They also do not apply to nations that have not signed onto them. The conventions are intented as an incentive for BOTH SIDES to follow them, not just one of them which the liberals assume.

I'm calling your BULL....Lonestar

you are SIMPLY INCORRECT about the Geneva convention and it being for ONLY when both parties have signed it...YOU OBVIOUSLY have not read it. And you are wrong.

The Geneva convention addresses and describes how a signing country should handle the treatment of people out of uniform and countries that have not signed, as well as procedures and agreements for those who have signed it.

Care

cheney-world-ending.jpg

Subject:[SIZE=+1] Cheney confessed to a war crime [/SIZE] > Dick Cheney: I knew about the waterboarding - as a general policy we had approved.

That's confessing to a "war crime." At what point do they take him into custody?

No you Canuck idiot. It isn't "confessing" to anything. It is a statement of historical fact from an honest guy. In this case, it amounts to a mere statement about NON-torture.

Waterboarding is only "torture" to leftists who like to propagandize dishonestly against anything done by America especially when the evil Booooosh was in Office or by moronic Canucks.

that's why your hero Hannity pussied out when he was challenged to take a waterboarding by Olberman......man your hero is a pussy:lol:

(A) you canuck cretin, Mr. Hannity is not my hero.
(B) you sub-moron, why would anybody ever take anything said by that creepy pantload Keith Ogremann seriously?
(C) you imbecile, why would ANYBODY who is not getting military training voluntarily subject themselves to waterboarding? A person isn't a P**** for rejecting an imbecilic "challenge " from the creepy Ogremann; he'd have to be stupid, though, to give Ogrecreep that kind of credibility.
(D) you simpleton, waterboarding is very unpleasant. That does not make it torture. Proving that it is very unpleasant thus does nothing to further your bogus, libtarded contention that it is torture.

Or is he trying to cover up all the illegal crap he did? None of the files released show anything like he keeps saying about how they kept US safe.

Oh, wasn't it on their watch that we had 9-11 a few months after they failed to read the briefing that "Al Quaeda Determined to Attach in US."

They blew it out their butts and then in panic threw out any laws they didn't like.

He still has his Ducan idiots who say that training our troops in SERE training using waterboarding is the same as waterboarding suspected terrorists.

In SERE training, you know they are on your side and won't kill you. In Cheney's Gitmo, that wasn't the case. They did actually kill a few "suspected" terrorists.

The Cheney supporters have lost touch with any reality but the one he has created in his own dark little mind.

Too many chicken craps in congress etc, however, to really follow up his crimes and the other crimes of the Bush administration. In breeding brings out the worst in our politicians.

If any other country did this to our men, we would have obliterated them, but it's okay because we are the good guys.:evil:

Cheney better hope there is not heaven or hell, because he won't be able to lie to God.

He is the biggest pos in politics. The man is the curious combination of a snake and a bitch.

I wouldn't believe him even if he were on his deathbed and the pope was praying the rosary while sprinkling holy water over him.

Yes Sarah. We know you tend to be pre-disposed to close-mindedness.

Just making sure. :lol:

Unpleasant.
Very unpleasant.
Really, really unpleasant.
Totally unpleasant.
Okay this is so unpleasant I'm getting a bit worried.
No joke now, this is probably more than very unpleasant and then some.
I can't breathe, that's unpleasant isn't it?
Oh fuck it! I'm drowning! Can't get my breath! Get this fucking thing off me!

Unpleasant.
Very unpleasant.
Really, really unpleasant.
Totally unpleasant.
Okay this is so unpleasant I'm getting a bit worried.
No joke now, this is probably more than very unpleasant and then some.
I can't breathe, that's unpleasant isn't it?
Oh fuck it! I'm drowning! Can't get my breath! Get this fucking thing off me!

Yes. That unpleasant.

Horrible.

Sure wouldn't want it done to me or anybody I care about.

But performing that NON-torture on a scumbag like KSM to extract (however unwillingly it may have been) information from that scumbag that is credited with saving lives is still well worth endorsing.

"Why," you ask? Because asking him, politely, for the information only to be greeted by his repeated refusal to share the crucial information would have been -- stupid, unacceptable, foolish, dangerous, unjustifiable, etc., etc., etc.

Forum List

Back