Is Cheating Once in a Blue Moon forgivable?

Could you forgive your partner if they cheated once or twice a year?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No.

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Listen, I'm not talking about someone having an elaborate affair with another during a relationship, but I'd be shocked if any man or woman remained true 365 days a year during relationship. You'd have to be locked in a cage or physically attached to your partner 24/7 - 365 for it not to happen (and them to you).

No, you cheat on me once and we're done. I don't care how many years we've been together. I've given an oath to remain faithful; as did my spouse, and I take that very seriously.

Cheating even ONE TIME often ends a marriage. If you cheat, whatever you do, don't confess to your spouse. Go to a priest or pastor and make your confession there. Then resolve to never do it again.

Listen, I'm not talking about someone having an elaborate affair with another during a relationship, but I'd be shocked if any man or woman remained true 365 days a year during relationship. You'd have to be locked in a cage or physically attached to your partner 24/7 - 365 for it not to happen (and them to you).
Well be shocked then.

Point of forgiveness is letting a mistake be absolved and forgotten. If it's happening on a regular basis there's no effort to not do it again. So forgiveness and atonement become impossible.

As someone who's been cheated on I can attest that while you might try to forgive, you never forget. Next time anything suspicious happens, the past transgression comes to mind and what may have been truly innocent appears as anything but.

Simplest way to fix this sort of thing though is simply not enter into relationships where an unrealistic expectation of monogamy exists. Monogamy is unrealistic. Expecting it is really just planning to fail.

As someone who's been cheated on I can attest that while you might try to forgive, you never forget. Next time anything suspicious happens, the past transgression comes to mind and what may have been truly innocent appears as anything but.
^^^ That.

Cheating occasionally will be ok with me when murdering in jealous rage occasionally is also acceptable.

Fair trade?

New Topics

Forum List

Back