Is chanting "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE !" irresponsible ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
We've all heard, the now cliche phrase. I think it was Al the asshole some years back that mostly started it.

Anyway, today in Seattle a black pastor led protesters while using the chant, through the streets.

Hopefully the violence won't catch on in other cities.

Is this irresponsible ? To me it is. In this case I interpret it to mean, that if Wilson isn't charged, then we're going to get violent. So to me this is nothing more than inciting violence.

Marchers hit the streets in Seattle to protest Ferguson ruling

Update at 1:32 p.m.: Protesters arrived at Henry M. Jackson Federal Building in downtown Seattle at 1:15 p.m. chanting, “No justice, no peace. No racist police ”

Many were high-school students, like David Morgan, 16, a junior at Garfield High School. Morgan said he was there “just to support all the black people in the past who have been wronged by police,” joining a crowd chanting “Black lives matter, black lives matter!”

“We are out here to support Mike Brown’s family and show our support to African Americans all around,” said senior Alyssa King, 17, president of the Garfield High School Black Student Union, which organized the student march. “It’s a peaceful protest because there’s been enough violence in the lives that have been taken.”

Update at 12:33 p.m.: Hundreds of chanting marchers have headed up East Union Street planning to peacefully protest at the Henry M. Jackson Federal Building in downtown Seattle. They were accompanied by Mayor Ed Murray and Seattle Police Chief Kathleen O’Toole.

The marchers were vocal, chanting, “Hands up, Don’t shoot!” During the march they were joined by about 1,000 students from Garfield High School.

March organizer K.L. Shannon said, “This march is about outrage and just people are hurting right now.”

Shannon said protesters are demanding a federal indictment of police officer Darren Wilson, who shot Michael Brown, 18, in Ferguson, Mo.

Murray said he was invited to the march by black ministers, including Pastor Lawrence Willis, president of the United Black Christian Clergy of Washington (UBCCW).

Marchers hit the streets in Seattle to protest Ferguson ruling The Today File Seattle Times

th

It's a good slogan to explain the natural consequences of our decisions.

A society that does not foster justice will not have peace.

You don't see it as suggesting protesters get violent ?

Burn this shit down is an irresponsible statement.

Yes, but "No Justice, No Peace" is basically just a kinder gentler way of pretty much saying the same thing.

I don't agree.

Protesting, in and of itself, is legit. We have to keep that.

Burning shit down and demanding a federal indictment as an ultimatum? That's a whole different ballgame.

Don't get me wrong. I'm pissed. But we cannot cut off our noses to spite our faces.

Yes, but "No Justice, No Peace" is basically just a kinder gentler way of pretty much saying the same thing.

I don't agree.

Burning shit down and demanding a federal indictment as an ultimatum? That's a whole different ballgame.

Don't get me wrong. I'm pissed. But we cannot cut off our noses to spite our faces.

I've got no problem with legit protesting, but waving words around like that in a powder keg IMO is irresponsible.

I don't agree.

I've got no problem with legit protesting, but waving words around like that in a powder keg IMO is irresponsible.

I think that there are those that intend to loot and torch before words are spoken.

I can easily point out the irresponsibility of the media and several liberals and conservatives. It was irresponsible of the protestors not to see that shit coming.

The act and those words are harmless.

Racists are always dumb-asses. They have fucked up lives and they always want to blame everything that goes wrong on someone else.
The KKK blamed the Jews or blacks for their problems.
The New Black Panthers and these folks in Ferguson are just blaming their troubles on white people.

Fact is, racists are too stupid to figure their way out of problems.

ole-miss-riots.jpg
Race-Riots-in-Harlem.jpg
fergusonriots1.jpg

Not really.

What do you want them to say? "We're getting vewy, vewy, gwumpy!":rolleyes-41:
No, what we want them to say is, "We thought Wilson was guilty of murder, but it turns out that we were wrong. Sorry for wrongly accusing you officer wilson."

Forum List

Back