Is Change something to fear?

leahKat

Rookie
Sep 26, 2008
Is Change something to fear? After all, as we go about things in our daily lives we change our opinions daily from the kinds of foods we eat, to what we are going to wear to even the styles we like year after year. Sometime you change because you want a fresh start a sense that your starting in a new direction to feel new again, other times you want to change because the old way just didn't suit you, and still other times you change because your forced to. So the kind of Change that Obama represents is nothing to fear it is something to be embraced a change from the tactics of the old. A change from commitment to War without end, a change from the priority that says the wealthy are the citizens and the rest of us serve them. I see a lot of people saying Obama is something to be afraid of because he is new and does not have the experience and because he is African American. All that fear though represents at least to me people clinging to the past and afraid to take a chance that someone that is new and different might just be what we need. Something to think about anyway at least for those that are not so closed minded that they cannot at least talk about it.

"The only thing we have to FEAR is FEAR itself" FDR

Obama isn't going to have to do a thing to make our universe change.

It's changed so much in the last two weeks we probably won't recognize our nation a year from now.

Obama isn't going to have to do a thing to make our universe change.

It's changed so much in the last two weeks we probably won't recognize our nation a year from now.

I know that he's not going to wave some magic wand and everything is going to suddenly be awsome for all. The thing is though he represents a change from the way things have been done at least to me and at least to me anyway thats not a thing to fear. Heck the other thing hasn't worked out so well, so why not. Your right though with all the other shit thats going on I don't think the next president is going to be able to get much done because they will have a gigantic pile of crap to clean up.

Is Change something to fear? After all, as we go about things in our daily lives we change our opinions daily from the kinds of foods we eat, to what we are going to wear to even the styles we like year after year. Sometime you change because you want a fresh start a sense that your starting in a new direction to feel new again, other times you want to change because the old way just didn't suit you, and still other times you change because your forced to. So the kind of Change that Obama represents is nothing to fear it is something to be embraced a change from the tactics of the old. A change from commitment to War without end, a change from the priority that says the wealthy are the citizens and the rest of us serve them. I see a lot of people saying Obama is something to be afraid of because he is new and does not have the experience and because he is African American. All that fear though represents at least to me people clinging to the past and afraid to take a chance that someone that is new and different might just be what we need. Something to think about anyway at least for those that are not so closed minded that they cannot at least talk about it.

"The only thing we have to FEAR is FEAR itself" FDR

That depends on what the change is: if it is less liberty and less respect for the constitution, then yes.

I know that he's not going to wave some magic wand and everything is going to suddenly be awsome for all. The thing is though he represents a change from the way things have been done at least to me and at least to me anyway thats not a thing to fear. Heck the other thing hasn't worked out so well, so why not. Your right though with all the other shit thats going on I don't think the next president is going to be able to get much done because they will have a gigantic pile of crap to clean up.

Which is good because neither one of em is worth a shit. Americans need to be ashamed of themselves for letting this all come down to a choice between these to idiots. WTF is wrong with us ?

Which is good because neither one of em is worth a shit. Americans need to be ashamed of themselves for letting this all come down to a choice between these to idiots. WTF is wrong with us ?
I dunno, but your posts, even though you pretend to be impartial, always come down on McCain's side.

Just sayin.

Basically the point is if the idiots that are there screwed it up so bad then why elect someone who's been there forever, isn't that like saying okay here you lost all my money, you killed my friends but its okay, go ahead and try and fix it now? Honestly you want to know the truth none of those jerkoffs up there need a second chance you ask me. Obama though is a much better choice of the two that are running given what we have to choose from. Thats just my opinion though. Oh and No I didn't mean give up our freedoms, I meant get them back after letting these dipshits take them away.

I dunno, but your posts, even though you pretend to be impartial, always come down on McCain's side.

Just sayin.

apparently you don't read well------every candidate up there isn't worth a shit. We are a huge country and those 4 are the best we can come up with ???????? Pitiful.

Just because you don't like the fact we haven't surrendered Iraq to thugs and barbarians or the gov't hasn't confiscated the means of production doesn't mean the country is screwed up.

And since it isn't screwed up (possessed of problems, yes, but not dysfunctional) change would be--at best--pointless and uncertain if not outright disasterous.

So it is with "progressivism". Progress is bad if you're headed for a precipice. Even evolution is a predominantly a stabilizing, preservative force.

Is Change something to fear?

If that change is a lying, corrupt, inexperienced, fucktard who has terrorists as friends, lies about his religion and can't speak more than two syllables without stuttering like Porky Pig in a whore house then yes...change would be something to fear.

Last edited:
If that change is a lying, corrupt, inexperienced, fucktard who has terrorists as friends, lies about his religion and can't speak more than two syllables without stuttering like Porky Pig in a whore house then yes...change would be something to fear.
not really feared, but most definately challenged

it isnt fear that is causing what those obamabots are crying about
its the fact we are actually daring to challenge them that they dont like

Last edited:
You know...

Obama specifically discussed his vision for change last night - refreshing for Presidential politics.

Change from a 'top down spending driven economy' to a 'bottom up spending driven economy' is what I understand to be the vision Obama has for the country. This is a fundamental change to the way government views the economy. Even Carter and Clinton believed that low taxes on the wealthy creates more economic activity, they just wanted to balance it with keeping beggars off our streets.

It makes sense... if you give 10 people $1,000 each you will sell fewer goods overall than if you give 100 people $100 each.

I say we should give this new vision a spin around the block. It can't possibly be worse than the climax to trickle down economics we are experiencing with Jr. (I feel used)

-Joe

You know...

Obama specifically discussed his vision for change last night - refreshing for Presidential politics.

Change from a 'top down spending driven economy' to a 'bottom up spending driven economy' is what I understand to be the vision Obama has for the country. This is a fundamental change to the way government views the economy. Even Carter and Clinton believed that low taxes on the wealthy creates more economic activity, they just wanted to balance it with keeping beggars off our streets.

It makes sense... if you give 10 people $1,000 each you will sell fewer goods overall than if you give 100 people $100 each.

I say we should give this new vision a spin around the block. It can't possibly be worse than the climax to trickle down economics we are experiencing with Jr. (I feel used)

-Joe
the thing is, Obama isnt change, it's just the same thing that has been done before, and failed everytime its been done
Obama is the epitomy of Chicago style politics
where is the change?

the thing is, Obama isnt change, it's just the same thing that has been done before, and failed everytime its been done
Obama is the epitomy of Chicago style politics
where is the change?

If you take the time to actually read his Blueprint For Change, you will see that his stated vision for our economy is quite different than the current path. The path that we've been on since at least the Nixon administration. This proposed change is not something that has failed - it hasn't been tried. Even if another government has tried this type of vision for an economy, it hasn't been tried in the USA in the 21st century. That alone makes it new.

If you just refuse to accept the innovative nature of his vision, then stop wasting your time reading this. If you can see past the rhetoric and grasp the novelty of his trickle up economics vision...

That leaves 3 and only 3 options:

- He is full of shit and lying to get into office. - Shame on him, his legacy in history will be worse than Georgie-boys.

- He is deluded and his ideas are like pretty flowers that smell bad. - He'll loose this election and seek professional help.

- He is right and his vision for our economy is a viable option. - Can it really be worse than the bullshit for governance we have accepted these past 50 years?

"It has all been done before and failed" is not an option. This election will require everyone to think... for the first time since I started voting we actually have a choice. Don't waste it by not thinking.

Here is the link for the Blueprint. Don't forget to pack your mind for the journey... http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf

Forgive my rambling - it is the weekend after all; and I'm r-e-l-a-x-i-n-g!:eusa_whistle:

-Joe

If you take the time to actually read his Blueprint For Change, you will see that his stated vision for our economy is quite different than the current path. The path that we've been on since at least the Nixon administration. This proposed change is not something that has failed - it hasn't been tried. Even if another government has tried this type of vision for an economy, it hasn't been tried in the USA in the 21st century. That alone makes it new.

If you just refuse to accept the innovative nature of his vision, then stop wasting your time reading this. If you can see past the rhetoric and grasp the novelty of his trickle up economics vision...

That leaves 3 and only 3 options:

- He is full of shit and lying to get into office. - Shame on him, his legacy in history will be worse than Georgie-boys.

- He is deluded and his ideas are like pretty flowers that smell bad. - He'll loose this election and seek professional help.

- He is right and his vision for our economy is a viable option. - Can it really be worse than the bullshit for governance we have accepted these past 50 years?

"It has all been done before and failed" is not an option. This election will require everyone to think... for the first time since I started voting we actually have a choice. Don't waste it by not thinking.

Here is the link for the Blueprint. Don't forget to pack your mind for the journey... http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/ObamaBlueprintForChange.pdf

Forgive my rambling - it is the weekend after all; and I'm r-e-l-a-x-i-n-g!:eusa_whistle:

-Joe
sorry, i've read it before
and if you think that is new, then you are naive

sorry, i've read it before
and if you think that is new, then you are naive

I can't ask for more than that. In my opinion, I am not naive and you are wrong... So there!

Shall we agree to disagree then and discuss it further as it is implemented starting next January?

-Joe

I can't ask for more than that. In my opinion, I am not naive and you are wrong... So there!

Shall we agree to disagree then and discuss it further as it is implemented starting next January?

-Joe
well, i sure hope it isnt implemented at all
i already lived though it, it was called the Carter administration
i'd rather not have to do it again
i would take 4 more years of Bush over Carter 2.0

The problem is that Obama doesn't represent any kind of change. He's not going to reduce the size of the federal government, he's going to spend even more than the current administration, he doesn't know what to do about the economic crisis, he's not going to pull us out of Iraq or any of the other 130 countries we currently have troops in, and he's not going to restore any of our civil liberties. In fact, he voted to take more of them away with the FISA Amendments, which is one of the only things he has actually done in the Senate.

Barack Obama represents the same type of crap we've had to put up with for the last 8 years. The Democrats and Republicans might as well unify into one party.

well, i sure hope it isnt implemented at all
i already lived though it, it was called the Carter administration
i'd rather not have to do it again
i would take 4 more years of Bush over Carter 2.0

:eek::ack-1::eek::ack-1:

More Bush?!?

There is another one we'll have to agree to disagree on!

(Unless you are referring to 'bush' with a lower case 'b'... )

More of that? Bring it on!!! - :)oops: Mission Accomplished too soon! :oops:)

-Joe

...Barack Obama represents the same type of crap we've had to put up with for the last 8 years. The Democrats and Republicans might as well unify into one party.

Well, then... why don't you republicans vote for Obama just 'cause it'll feel kind of dirty?

Some of you have thought about it, I know!

The problem is... once you go Barack, you never go back!

-Joe

Forum List

Back