Is Bush Working For Mexico?

OCA said:
BECAUSE I WANT TO PAY 10 DOLLARS FOR A HEAD OF LETTUCE AND A ROOM AT THE MOTEL 6 TO COST ME 400 DOLLARS A NIGHT. THAT IS FRIGGIN AWESOME MAN! :banana:

aliens because you either know many or were somehow benefitting from their presence in the United States. However this statement has convinced me that you are a hyperbolic idiot that knows little or nothing of economics. $10.00 head of lettuce? bwahahahaaaaa Not unless you paid pickers $200.00 an hour. Ditto for the $400.00 motels rooms what will the cleaning staff be making $150.00 bucks an hour.

So tell me are you just a closed minded idiot on this issue, or, as I think, somehow personally benefitting from illegal aliens?

There will be deportations. It may take some time because the American people have to work around the spineless politicians they've elected. Deportations will come along with a fence or troops at the border. Following, hopefully, we will elect a President who will treat the issue with the gravity it deserves. A reform of Mexico's politics is absolutely necessary as a given. Or perhaps we can send a few thousand troops down and burn Veracruz.

onthefence said:
I keep hearing from the left that illegals should stay and do the menial work that Americans won't do. According to Rep. Dana Rohrbacher (R) of Cailfornia, there are 50 million people between the age of 22 and 55, that are phsycally able to work, but are unemployed. Here is a novel idea, cut their federal aide and put there lazy asses to work. These fuckin' people are part the reason that I can't get any help to pay my college tuition. Instead I get to work two jobs with hopes of graduating and getting a job to pay off my 80,000 in student loans. My point is we have people to do the things that illegals are doing. Illegals are simply sapping up resources that they haven't helped earn. Box 'em up and ship there non english speaking asses back.

How about keeping the WORKING illegals and ship the lazy fucks who leach off the system out of the country. Its sound logic, like a baseball trade, get someone who will do the job and get rid of the slacker, easy.

ThomasPaine said:
aliens because you either know many or were somehow benefitting from their presence in the United States. However this statement has convinced me that you are a hyperbolic idiot that knows little or nothing of economics. $10.00 head of lettuce? bwahahahaaaaa Not unless you paid pickers $200.00 an hour. Ditto for the $400.00 motels rooms what will the cleaning staff be making $150.00 bucks an hour.

So tell me are you just a closed minded idiot on this issue, or, as I think, somehow personally benefitting from illegal aliens?

There will be deportations. It may take some time because the American people have to work around the spineless politicians they've elected. Deportations will come along with a fence or troops at the border. Following, hopefully, we will elect a President who will treat the issue with the gravity it deserves. A reform of Mexico's politics is absolutely necessary as a given. Or perhaps we can send a few thousand troops down and burn Veracruz.

Follow along now......if illegals are removed(which will never happen as long as Repubs or Demos are in power) and as a matter of fact there is no one to take their place then one of two things will happen.....1. there will be a shortage in the services they provide, mainly service industries and agriculture, which will assuredly lead to massive price increases in these fields or 2. corporations will take over these industries(which already happens in some cases) again which will result in massive price increases because corps are all about profits, right?

But hey they are illegals, it don't fucking matter.

Which begs the question: since we all came from somewhere else originally what gives us the right to benefit from this society and others not the right? Is it just that we hit the lottery? Or as I suspect they are the evil brown hordes?

ThomasPaine said:

Also you will watch the personal attacks, this is your only warning.

The only true solution to illegal immigration, is to anex mexico. Make it the 51st state and be done with it.

OCA said:
Follow along now......if illegals are removed(which will never happen as long as Repubs or Demos are in power) and as a matter of fact there is no one to take their place then one of two things will happen.....1. there will be a shortage in the services they provide, mainly service industries and agriculture, which will assuredly lead to massive price increases in these fields or 2. corporations will take over these industries(which already happens in some cases) again which will result in massive price increases because corps are all about profits, right?

Which begs the question: since we all came from somewhere else originally what gives us the right to benefit from this society and others not the right? Is it just that we hit the lottery? Or as I suspect they are the evil brown hordes?

see produce prices increase say 50% as a maximum. Remember that costs of shipping and distribution are a good percentage of the overall cost of an item. Your suggestion of a 1000 fold increase in the price of a head of lettuce was exaggeration to the point of absurdity.
Corporations are all about profits? All business is about profits or the business is defunct.
I'll tell you sonny what gives me as a citizen of this country the right to benefit from this society.. My ancestors waited for legal entry into this country. They took a number, waited till it was their turn, and entered the country legally. Since that time, over 150 years ago, my family has helped build this nation. A Mexican has been here 6 months doing some room cleaning at a hotel and they deserve citizenship and recognition for contributions to this country. Answer NO!!!!
Tell me if all have the right to benefit from living in the United States then should we somehow annex the planet?

And don't attempt the race card there. I grew up in Texas by the border and have nothing against Americans of Mexican descent. So you can keep the "evil brown ones" comment for someone else.
I think you , and others who think like you, just can't seem to get it through your heads that the Mexicans and others A. Are here AGAINST THE LAW AND ARE THUS CRIMINALLY ILLEGAL. B. The American economy got by for a couple hundred years without 15-20% of Mexico living in this country and we will get on fine without them once they are deported.
You seem to have the same attitude toward illegals that liberals have toward terrorists. Nothing you can really do and it's probably America's fault anyway. Your defeatist attitude is happily not shared by a majority of Americans.

And you are warning me? Of what? Fear of a person who has no respect for the law and little working knowledge of economics. I think not.

I pity those who think like you do. Must be terrible to feel like there is never anything one can do to change the status quo.

no1tovote4 said:
The thing of it is, we let them in here by our inaction, we looked the other way while we bought the cheaper food they helped to produce. We even let them in our homes to install our Cable/Satellite, shoot they probably built that home.

Now we want to ignore the fact that we allowed them here, used their services for many things, constantly looking the other way. Cities created laws that specifically protected them (look up Sanctuary Laws if you don't believe me) and we keep buying the McDonald's food and largely ignore the fact that they are vacuuming our offices and dumping our trash.

Suddenly we want to pretend we didn't allow them here and punish them for coming...

I think it would be best to close the border, give amnesty to these we invited by implication then change the laws so any future comers will have it clear, they are not invited as these people have been....

That's really it,. we need to stop the hemoraghing of new illegals, before, or at least at the same we propose new legislation to deal with the ones that are already here.

no1tovote4 said:
This is a strawman, at least for my argument it is. I haven't stated that they wouldn't want more pay at that point. Therefore you are arguing against a point I have not made.

I think that opening up to more "guest worker" programs as we had before like the one called "braceros" (at least I think that was what it was called...)... We used them from WWII until the late 1960s, they were allowed in then had to return at the end of the season....

Nothing strawman about it. It is the logical and inevitable conclusion to removing the illegals who will perform menial jobs for low wages.

Once documented, they are no longer illegals, and required to pay taxes on their wages, necessitating wage increase. If somehow the border is actually closed to illegals, and all those currently illegal are granted any form of legitimacy, WHO fills the void of performing menial jobs for low wages?

How exactly is the wage increase of documented "guest workers" going to differ from deporting all illegals and paying those increased wages to persons who are ALREADY citizens of the US?

GunnyL said:
Nothing strawman about it. It is the logical and inevitable conclusion to removing the illegals who will perform menial jobs for low wages.

Once documented, they are no longer illegals, and required to pay taxes on their wages, necessitating wage increase. If somehow the border is actually closed to illegals, and all those currently illegal are granted any form of legitimacy, WHO fills the void of performing menial jobs for low wages?

How exactly is the wage increase of documented "guest workers" going to differ from deporting all illegals and paying those increased wages to persons who are ALREADY citizens of the US?

That's exactly why income tax has to go. At that point, you could make "guest workers" buy an annual employment license. Part of the fee would go toward enforcement, the rest to the coffers. Enforce a hefty fine on any employer who gets caught with an unlicensed employee. While these folks are sending money back to Mexico, they are spending some here which could be sales taxed.

MissileMan said:
That's exactly why income tax has to go. At that point, you could make "guest workers" buy an annual employment license. Part of the fee would go toward enforcement, the rest to the coffers. Enforce a hefty fine on any employer who gets caught with an unlicensed employee. While these folks are sending money back to Mexico, they are spending some here which could be sales taxed.

LOL I don't see THAT happening. Regardless which way it goes, those of us in the 35% tax bracket are going to foot the bill.

ThomasPaine said:
see produce prices increase say 50% as a maximum. Remember that costs of shipping and distribution are a good percentage of the overall cost of an item. Your suggestion of a 1000 fold increase in the price of a head of lettuce was exaggeration to the point of absurdity.
Corporations are all about profits? All business is about profits or the business is defunct.
I'll tell you sonny what gives me as a citizen of this country the right to benefit from this society.. My ancestors waited for legal entry into this country. They took a number, waited till it was their turn, and entered the country legally. Since that time, over 150 years ago, my family has helped build this nation. A Mexican has been here 6 months doing some room cleaning at a hotel and they deserve citizenship and recognition for contributions to this country. Answer NO!!!!
Tell me if all have the right to benefit from living in the United States then should we somehow annex the planet?

And don't attempt the race card there. I grew up in Texas by the border and have nothing against Americans of Mexican descent. So you can keep the "evil brown ones" comment for someone else.
I think you , and others who think like you, just can't seem to get it through your heads that the Mexicans and others A. Are here AGAINST THE LAW AND ARE THUS CRIMINALLY ILLEGAL. B. The American economy got by for a couple hundred years without 15-20% of Mexico living in this country and we will get on fine without them once they are deported.
You seem to have the same attitude toward illegals that liberals have toward terrorists. Nothing you can really do and it's probably America's fault anyway. Your defeatist attitude is happily not shared by a majority of Americans.

And you are warning me? Of what? Fear of a person who has no respect for the law and little working knowledge of economics. I think not.

I pity those who think like you do. Must be terrible to feel like there is never anything one can do to change the status quo.

Sonny????????????? Fuck you, you just became my #1 target. Your time here will be drawing to an end shortly. Go ahead, complain to anyone who will listen, nobody talks down to me.....ever.

Oh and the warning? Go check rule #2 and then review your replies to me. Usually i'm not a by the book type person but in your case i'm carrying the book with me.

Your bed, you sleep in it.

OCA said:

And again my question would have to be if you give the illegals citizenship, you are STILL taking away the illegal willing to work crappy hours for crappy wages. So what is the difference?

And my ancestors emigrated here LEGALLY. That would be the difference between my right to be here and an illegal not having the right to be here.

Our entire immigration system needs to be overhauled. Maybe once we were the "land of opportunity," but that is a thing of the past. We shouldn't be offering opportunities to people from without, when people from within are doing without.

And I have NO problem with deporting to wherever any leeches on the system.

Forum List

Back