Is Bush Working For Mexico?

OCA said:
Again, someone who can't see the bigger picture. I'll keep trying with you though, I think you are bendable.

Citizenship is a right from birth, yes, but there should be a point along the way of life where you are audited, and if you are deemed to be way to far over on the siphoning side and nvery little producing or contributions to society then you get revoked and off you go out of this fucking country. We have a lot of dead weight in this country that needs to be trimmed.

You claim to own a small business...so how many illegals do you employee? If I get my way and start a classic airline with deferrence to "Legal" employees am I going against that which is (PC)correct...maybe...so am I to assume that I will never get off the ground...how sad! :thanks:

archangel said:
You claim to own a small business...so how many illegals do you employee? If I get my way and start a classic airline with deferrence to "Legal" employees am I going against that which is (PC)correct...maybe...so am I to assume that I will never get off the ground...how sad! :thanks:

Arch i'm not following, please clarify because i'm probably too stupid to get what you are saying.

As for the business, its a small cleaning business, got tired of working for others after college and saw a need amongst people I knew, its just me, my wife on occasion and a high school kid who comes occasionally when I need him......I pay him under the table too but thats just taxes so who gives a fuck, BTW the kid is Irish/Scot, no illegals working for me.

OCA said:
Arch i'm not following, please clarify because i'm probably too stupid to get what you are saying.

As for the business, its a small cleaning business, got tired of working for others after college and saw a need amongst people I knew, its just me, my wife on occasion and a high school kid who comes occasionally when I need him......I pay him under the table too but thats just taxes so who gives a fuck, BTW the kid is Irish/Scot, no illegals working for me.

you just answered my question...you hire 'no' illegals yet pay under the table...for tax purposes...yet you are adament on accepting illegal workers into this country..for what... posterities sake? Now I am really confused! :wtf:

archangel said:
you just answered my question...you hire 'no' illegals yet pay under the table...for tax purposes...yet you are adament on accepting illegal workers into this country..for what... posterities sake? Now I am really confused! :wtf:

If the opportunity presented itself i'd hire 1 in a hot minute, they outwork us 1,000 times over, more conscientious too.

The fact of this matter is without the work that illegals provide America the economies of several western agricultural(food producing for you challenged folks out there) will be devastated. I for one find that the price of products is much more of a concern than people jumping a fence at the border. Got a problem with them being illegal? Amnesty will take care of that, they will be illegal no more.

Can't wait till the prez signs that amnesty bill, I will be talking some shit here that day, its coming soon! :thewave:

Part of any illegal worker solution has to include the abolishment of federal income tax and a move to a national sales tax.

no1tovote4 said:
The Founders realized that changing the laws after the fact and imprisoning people retroactively was an injustice. This too would be an injustice. We cannot ignore that we allowed them in and benefitted from their being here in many ways that gave us incentive to ignore their presence.

It is far more important to me to close the border so that all who enter are known to us than it is to punish people we gave implicit permission to be here through our own actions.

Basically it is like the analogy I used earlier. Buying a car and giving it to another but keeping it in your own name then later, after years of them using the vehicle, without warning calling the cops and reporting it stolen.

So let's say for the sake of argument, we let build an wall no one can get through (yeah, right). All illegals currently in the US are granted amnesty; which, by implication, requires legal documentation.

Suddenly they have to live legally within our system -- pay taxes, get their own insurance, etc. This of course demands higher wages -- after all, one basis of the argument is that they are working for less pay. But with citizenship comes a higher "overhead."

Who fills their shoes on the menial labor rung of the ladder?

Seems to me, whether we grant them amnesty, OR deport them, we lose the menial labor for less pay group and the prices mentioned previously in this thread go up regardless.

GunnyL said:
So let's say for the sake of argument, we let build an wall no one can get through (yeah, right). All illegals currently in the US are granted amnesty; which, by implication, requires legal documentation.

Suddenly they have to live legally within our system -- pay taxes, get their own insurance, etc. This of course demands higher wages -- after all, one basis of the argument is that they are working for less pay. But with citizenship comes a higher "overhead."

Seems to me, whether we grant them amnesty, OR deport them, we lose the menial labor for less pay group and the prices mentioned previously in this thread go up regardless.

you nailed it---you work for lower wages until you need more--you think there will be a problem organizing them into a union?

dilloduck said:
you nailed it---you work for lower wages until you need more--you think there will be a problem organizing them into a union?

Well, sorta. My point is, with the cheap labor gone, does that not necessitate an increase in prices to cover the increase in wages?

GunnyL said:
Well, sorta. My point is, with the cheap labor gone, does that not necessitate an increase in prices to cover the increase in wages?

I think we're pretending that illegals will continue to accept low wages after they are granted amnesty so there will be no need to raise prices. :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
I think we're pretending that illegals will continue to accept low wages after they are granted amnesty so there will be no need to raise prices. :rolleyes:

Pretending is right. Citizenship/legitmate residence brings with it the aforementioned overhead which will require wage increases.

Either way, playing hot potato with the subject isn't making it go away.

GunnyL said:
Pretending is right. Citizenship/legitmate residence brings with it the aforementioned overhead which will require wage increases.

Either way, playing hot potato with the subject isn't making it go away.

Not by a long shot--I'm sure you've had a chance to look at our state parks and camping areas in Texas. Infested.

rtwngAvngr said:
So what. We can still change our minds, and reverse course. It's just like how our support of afghanistan hardliners againste the soviets didn't obligate us to support them forever. It's simply not a rational argument.

But as I said before, the Founders realized that double jeopardy by changing the rules after the fact then retroactively punishing them was injustice and therefore provided for that type of thing. I think that doing this will be an injustice. Changing the plan in mid-stream and then punishing them retroactively for what we allowed them to do...

It is why I advocate a pretty heavy fine rather than a return to their home nation to get at the end of the line. Make it heavy enough that it might give them incentive to return over just staying... This $2000 is simply too little.

Give them a chance to buy the car before calling the cops and reporting it stolen... Shoot they've been driving the thing for quite some time now on our dime...

GunnyL said:

This is a strawman, at least for my argument it is. I haven't stated that they wouldn't want more pay at that point. Therefore you are arguing against a point I have not made.

I think that opening up to more "guest worker" programs as we had before like the one called "braceros" (at least I think that was what it was called...)... We used them from WWII until the late 1960s, they were allowed in then had to return at the end of the season....

dilloduck said:
Not by a long shot--I'm sure you've had a chance to look at our state parks and camping areas in Texas. Infested.

Yeah .... I used to like going to Garner. Last time I was there I didn't enjoy it a bit.

Personaly, I feel that ANY type of provissions made for illegals to stay in America is *AMNESTY*. It's pointless to spin it, it's amnesty.

And even if they do get amnesty, just how many of them do you really think will register? I'd say less than 1/5th. Know why? Because if they're made to pay a fine, and then made to pay taxes, shit, what kind of incentive is that to register? That'll just take money from them that they could be sending back to mexico! They're NOT going to do it. You won't have illegals "registering" unless they're CAUGHT!

The whole thing is a gargantuan mess, and sometimes when the mess seems too big to handle, the best thing to do is wipe the slate clean. People are saying it would be too expensive to deport 11 million people. Well I'd be willing to bet, that if the politicians asked every American to chip in $5 to pay for it, they'd do it. I'd do it. Hell I'd give 'em $100. Deport every last stinking one of them, AND THEN start over.... from the BEGINNING.

I keep hearing from the left that illegals should stay and do the menial work that Americans won't do. According to Rep. Dana Rohrbacher (R) of Cailfornia, there are 50 million people between the age of 22 and 55, that are phsycally able to work, but are unemployed. Here is a novel idea, cut their federal aide and put there lazy asses to work. These fuckin' people are part the reason that I can't get any help to pay my college tuition. Instead I get to work two jobs with hopes of graduating and getting a job to pay off my 80,000 in student loans. My point is we have people to do the things that illegals are doing. Illegals are simply sapping up resources that they haven't helped earn. Box 'em up and ship there non english speaking asses back.

rtwngAvngr said:
So you don't think illegals coming here and sending their wages home is good for mexico? You need to do some reading.

Of course they're sending wages home. It's why so many illlegals come here...So they can feed their families. Vicente Fox encourages illegals as he feels that it absolves him of any responsibility for them at home.

It's just another case of enforcing current law rather than passing a new one. Fine employers $10,000 for every illegal they hire, everytime they do so, and they'll soon find it cheaper to pay a living wage to US workers.

Bullypulpit said:
Of course they're sending wages home. It's why so many illlegals come here...So they can feed their families. Vicente Fox encourages illegals as he feels that it absolves him of any responsibility for them at home.

It's just another case of enforcing current law rather than passing a new one. Fine employers $10,000 for every illegal they hire, everytime they do so, and they'll soon find it cheaper to pay a living wage to US workers.

So it's not only a case of american businesses benefitting then.

OCA said:
You just hit the nail on the head in a roundabout way. Corporations run America, corporations want amnesty so amnesty is what we will get. Nobody is saying you are to blame for anything, in fact no one is to blame since for once the corporations are right we are going to do the right thing.

No, they're not right.

Forum List

Back