Is Bush Maturing?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nuc, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    His recent acceptance of responsibility for the Feds slow response to Katrina showed maturity I hadn't seen from him before. The speech he gave today at the UN had some original thinking I didn't expect from him. Is he growing up, or do we expect these things from a second term president?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    If this is the first time you've seen bush do the right thing, you haven't been paying attention little brother.

3. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    It's called pandering. An useless gesture in my opinion, but, hey, I'm no consultant. It bothers me that you like the gesture, though, as when liberals like something that usually means it was the wrong thing to do.

4. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I'm not a liberal, although I guess someone who calls himself a fascist might think so. Why do you live in Madison? Identity crisis?

5. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    President Bush has always been a great leader and President, some have just taken him less seriously because he doesn't have the speech patterns of a used car salesman. He has been wrongly accussed of being a simpleton because he mispronounces nuclear. My guess would be that the same ones that spend their time ridiculing him probably never said a thing about how President Kennedy pronounced Cuba(QUeber), or Senator Kennedy's drunken, unintelligible mutterings.
    President Bush has showed tremendous leadership qualities by shouldering a blame that is obviously not his. He even did it in such a way that he truely admitted nothing but will still sucker the Dems into making larger asses out of themselves the more that the truth comes out.
    I saw his speech to the U.N. this morning . . . it was and he was outstanding.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Not only that. He has proved that the Democrat policy of appeasement doesn't work.

7. Oceanic

Oceanic Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is 2005 and this is the most educated nation in the world. Shouldn't we sound like it? You can say what you want about Tony Blair, but he makes Bush look like a simpleton just by the way he conducts himself. The people who defend Bush have to realize, he does things like this:
    http://bybeautydamned.net/mt/archives/Bush Bird.jpg
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/world/newsid_1759000/1759093.stm
    http://www.pamspaulding.com/graphics/bush_stupid2.jpg
    http://www.hypocrisy.org/images/bush stupid face.jpg

It's not even a blue state/red state thing. This man looks too stupid too often to represent this nation.

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Thank you for demonstrating that liberals are more concerned with image then results. President Bush can do totally amazing things, which he has, he can outsmart Democrats time and time politically, which he does, and yet he is an idiot because he doesn't "sound" intelligent.

Meanwhile people like Al Gore can go out on the coldest day in recent history and complain about so called "global warming" just because he might sound good saying it. Or John Kerry can "win" a Presidential debate by promising to submit US sovereignty to the UN and promise to give nuclear material to the North Koreans, just because he sounded better.

You libs dont care for substance. you just care about images and intentions. Democrat policies have failed, but rather then address the policies and why they failed you just whine about how you had "good intentions" and shouldnt be held responsible. Meanwhile our nation is slowly being destroyed.

The economy is another example. You don't really care about the fact that we have a strong economy or that unemployment is the lowest its been in a long time. You are trying to put the image of a failing economy on the President.

Why don't you libs just grow up and start worrying about what we do rather than the image or intentions or any other shallow or superficial activity.

By the way, why do you think that a picture of a president scratching is head isn't presidential yet having an affair with an intern on the job is perfectly alright?

9. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Did you catch Jay Leno's joke last night about John Roberts?

He quoted Roberts as saying that if confirmed he would not be a biased Justice, because he has "no agenda and no platform".

Jay continued, "Oh wait, isn't that the Democratic Party?" :teeth:

10. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    The title is tongue-in-cheek, which I thought was obvious. I realize that however funny I find your sheer idiocy, humor is not liberals' strong point, so I'll let the classic "fascist" jab go.

I live in Madison because I was born and raised here, if you really want to know.

And you may claim yourself not to be a liberal, but a casual browseing of your previous posts reveals otherwise.