Is Bush a robot with no heart?

liberalogic said:
Your tax dollars fund many things that you may not support. Don't single this out.

I feel just fine about singling this issue out since it is the topic of this thread, and that is my opinion. It has no relevancy as to where my tax dollars actually go.

fuzzykitten99 said:
In reading all the threads on this my conclusion is this.

Stem cell research could possibly save lives and cure all sorts of things. This is a great goal for any research. But this research Bush specifically vetoed federal funding on, is on human embryos.

Now, from what I have read, human embryos may serve better than adult stem cells, based on biology.

Personally, I am torn on whether or not this part is ok to me. I hear from both sides that the embryos are either left overs from IVF, and/or abortions. the latter of which, I am adamantly oppose unless the life of the mother is threatened. To me, the use of the aborted fetus for research makes it sound like they are trying to put sugar on bullshit and calling it apple pie.

Then I see all these celebrities, all of which make more money in a year than I will ever see in a lifetime. Many of the people I see pushing for government sponsorship, like Bill Gates and the late Christopher Reeve, are rolling in dough.

I want to know why they don't join together and invest in private research? The only answer I can come up with, is there is no guarantee of ever finding anything in this research, so they want everyone to pay for the gamble.

I even have seen a few of the liberals on here, when challenged with the same question, say there's no money in it. Well, then why put everyone's money into a program that many in this country are against, just to find out there is nothing in the research that can help anyone? We already are raped for taxes in this country, much of which goes to programs that are a waste.

Bravo Fuzzy!!

FuzzyKitten To me, the use of the aborted fetus for research makes it sound like they are trying to put sugar on bullshit and calling it apple pie.

They want to really legitamize abortion, we both know that!!
This is their back handed way of doing that.

GunnyL said:
Can it? You of course have evidence hidden from the rest of us? So far, barring the miraculous within the past few minutes, it has saved no one and cured nothing.

We'll never know if we choose to waste our money on broken gov. programs instead of promising programs.

Forum List

Back