Is Bush A Racist?

Hey shergald ,
An amendment to what your father told you . . . . If you want too stay poor , vote Democrat .

Originally posted by jimnyc
I'll repeat myself, saying the entire party is based on racist policies is absurd. That's no different than Big D or William Joyce claiming that all blacks or jews are no good.

Issue: Equality - Oppressive Majority is white men. Oppressed Minority is minorities.
Issue: Religious Tolerance - Oppressive Majority is the religious right. Oppressed Minority is any non-christian based religion.

The white men and the religious right comprise the primary constituency of the Republican party.

Said in reverse, if you removed those aspects from the Republican party, there wouldn't be much left.

Originally posted by LoneVoice
Issue: Equality - Oppressive Majority is white men. Oppressed Minority is minorities.
Issue: Religious Tolerance - Oppressive Majority is the religious right. Oppressed Minority is any non-christian based religion.

The white men and the religious right comprise the primary constituency of the Republican party.

Said in reverse, if you removed those aspects from the Republican party, there wouldn't be much left.

What's the difference in white men between republicans and democrats? You're saying that only the white men that are republicans are the oppressive ones?

I don't see any oppression, but I'll play this silly game.

What's the difference in white men between republicans and democrats? You're saying that only the white men that are republicans are the oppressive ones?

I don't see any oppression, but I'll play this silly game.

So, if you're saying that there are white men in the Democrat party as well that are against minority advancement, then I'd agree with you.

So, if you're saying that there are white men in the Democrat party as well that are against minority advancement, then I'd agree with you.

They're primarilty the influences of the deep South, old style thinking....

That's not what I asked, you said:

"The white men and the religious right comprise the primary constituency of the Republican party."

I'm wondering what the difference is between the white men in the republican party and the white men in the democratic party. You say the white men that are republicans are the oppressive majority. Can you back this up? Can you cite voting records over the past 25 years that clearly show that republicans have been oppressive, and that at the same time the democrats opposed those very same records?

So why stay in the Democratic party unless you want to be poor, you ask? This is another delusion of Republican enthusiasts: that if they vote Republican, they will get richer. Fool, I vote Democrat because I don't want to get poorer. Forgot Reaganomics: if we make the rich richer, every one will get rich by virtue of trickle- down. So what did the stats show after 8 years of Reagan: the rich did get richer, but everyone else got a little poorer. There was a big shift in wealth, and it was at the expense of the middle-class and poor. It was their money that got shift up to the wealthy. Forgot the mantra of the 80s: Greed is no vice.

Vote Democrat unless you are rich, or at least only think you are rich.

What are you talking about ? This is aone of those what came before the chicken or the egg deal . The only reason minorities have gravitated towards the Democrats is the little treats that Dem politicians dangle in front of the easily bought minorities . Vote for me and I will take you to Churches for a fried chicken dinner. Vote for me , I feel your pain . Vote for me and I'll give give give and take care of you like the daddy you never had . Vote for me and I will take from the rich (don't count me as rich) and give their money to you , really , I promise . After 40 years of Democrat rule I hear the same old tired crap .

Why do you think white men are so evil , I can't think of one country that is run by nonwhites that comes close to the success of this one . Roll out the standard excuses but the facts are facts.

Does anyone else find it interesting that shergald and blackman speak of identical subjects and references? And that they never are on here at the same time?

And that they both registered on the same day? And that it was from the same internet provider? And that the IP address was identical except for the last octet?

Shergald/Blackman - are you 2 related or do you know one another?

On the issues mentioned:
equality, religious tolerance, and gay rights the Republican party clearly takes the position of the oppressive majority.

Or do you suggest otherwise?

Equality? Conservatives would love a flat tax. That's equality. Religious tolerance? Christianity is virtually an oppressed religion;the oppressors are the secular humanist liberal zealots. Gay rights? I'd prefer a civil union. But fine. Whatever.

Point is, Republicans gather up a few cardboard cutout blacks to protect themselves from the accusation of racism. Bush loves to do this. But it's all a game. Republicans should have the guts to say that the party is today for whites and their group interests, period.

But since its not true, why would Bush say something like that? Are you saying Bush lies?

That's not what I asked, you said:

"The white men and the religious right comprise the primary constituency of the Republican party."

I'm wondering what the difference is between the white men in the republican party and the white men in the democratic party. You say the white men that are republicans are the oppressive majority. Can you back this up? Can you cite voting records over the past 25 years that clearly show that republicans have been oppressive, and that at the same time the democrats opposed those very same records?

These are a sample of articles that refer to Republican stances against Affirmative action, and the negative effects that would have toward forwarding equality in the work force.

http://www-tech.mit.edu/Issue/V115/N9/danspew.09o.html
http://www.johngaltpress.org/2001-08/defofaa.html
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\\Nation\\archive\\200306\\NAT20030623f.html
http://racerelations.about.com/library/weekly/aa080100a.htm

Originally posted by shergald
Fool, I vote Democrat because I don't want to get poorer.

How does voting democrat keep you from becoming poorer ?

These are a sample of articles that refer to Republican stances against Affirmative action, and the negative effects that would have toward forwarding equality in the work force.

http://www-tech.mit.edu/Issue/V115/N9/danspew.09o.html
http://www.johngaltpress.org/2001-08/defofaa.html
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\\Nation\\archive\\200306\\NAT20030623f.html
http://racerelations.about.com/library/weekly/aa080100a.htm

None of this covers voting records as I've asked. If what you are saying is true it will be reflected in the voting records. It will show republicans voting on measures to oppress minorities, and the democrats voting against.

So Blackman's main argument that Republicans are racist is because we think people should be judged by their character and not the color of their skin and we dont believe anyone should get special treatment because of their race regardless of whether they are white, black, asian, hispanic or any other group?

The revisionist history is interesting. Trying to paint the Republicans as the radicals who took over the party when its the New Left (The new name for communisism) took over the Democrat party after The Democrat Convention with Humphrey. Its the same thing Democrats always do, try to blame Republicans for their actions.

None of this covers voting records as I've asked. If what you are saying is true it will be reflected in the voting records. It will show republicans voting on measures to oppress minorities, and the democrats voting against.

I was just starting off with the Republican continued stance against Affirmative Action, despite it's usefulness in balancing the overwhelming white advantage work force....

i.e. http://www.lib.niu.edu/ipo/ii951110.html

I will look for more specifics links on voting records, if it can be found.

Unlike Blackman, I do think that Bush is a racist. However, I do not believe that racism is the main agenda of the Republican party even though it projects it everywhere it can. It is rather a major front issue of the party, one which has propelled it to political power, as has the many of the other forms of bigotry it espouses. The main agenda of the Republican party is the same as it has always been: to enhance the wealth of the rich men who control it. Reaganomics, the Bush taxcut, corporation handouts, IRS loopholes, are just some examples of what the party is primarily about. Racism is only the means of getting and holding onto power.

Racism isnt even a part of the equation. Conservatism has three primary goals

1)Defend our nation from internal and external enemies who would destory our freedom.

2)Keep government out of economics so that the economy is allowed to grow so the people will have jobs and be able to live the American dream.

3)Promote American Values. One of which is the equality of all men.

I don't think Blackman believes he will change anyone's mind on this board, Lone man. Most of the persons whose postings I have read are opinionated and only here to reinforce their own views. Reason has no place here. If you have an agenda you want to convince someone about, this is not the place. What gives me a chuckle is that underneath all of the trivial chitchat, these very Republican rah-rah boys and girls, ironically, will end up like the rest of us paying for the huge amounts of money the rich men withdraw from the government every time the Republicans get into office. It happened during Reagan's administration, which we are still paying for, and it is happening under Bush's. The longer we keep him in there, the more they will end up paying. Well, let them pay. I must tell you, Lone man, this kind of irony can only be found on boards like this one. You are wasting your time with reasoned arguments. The Republican party has them so snowed they are beyond reason.

For some reason i highly doubt you are paying for squat. because if you are then you are by Democrat deffinitions rich. Taxing people on what they earn doesnt hurt the rich. It never has. It hurts the people who work hard for a living and keeps them from becoming rich thereby protecting the elite class's power. You see the elite rich who didnt earn a dime of their fortune, like Senator Kerry and Clinton, want to make sure no one else gets wealthy because if there are other people who are wealthy they lose their power to influence the world due to competition. And they lose their power because people no longer are dependent on them. This is why you tax the rich. If you believe in equality you would be pushing a flat tax. Our current tax system is unequal and thus unconstitutional because it taxes one person more than another.

PS: I don't want to change these posters, only to let them know what their party is all about. It is really surprising that so many don't know how much the wealthy in this country appreciate their efforts.

People like you always make me laugh. Tell me. Why on earth do you think you know more about what my party is all about than I do? You are just like those people who attack my religion and try to tell me what I believe and then think im stupid when i tell them I dont believe that, like they know better what I believe.

So why stay in the Democratic party unless you want to be poor, you ask? This is another delusion of Republican enthusiasts: that if they vote Republican, they will get richer. Fool, I vote Democrat because I don't want to get poorer. Forgot Reaganomics: if we make the rich richer, every one will get rich by virtue of trickle- down. So what did the stats show after 8 years of Reagan: the rich did get richer, but everyone else got a little poorer. There was a big shift in wealth, and it was at the expense of the middle-class and poor. It was their money that got shift up to the wealthy. Forgot the mantra of the 80s: Greed is no vice.

I have seen some crazy things on this board but this has to take the cake. Its more like this "vote Democrat if you don't care to have the opportunity to get rich(ahead) or if you like living on government assistance. Fool, do you remember who was the controller of congress at the time of Reagan? DEMOCRATS, who's spending was out of control so really Reagan's theories never got tested because Tip O'Neill was a fat overgrown pig who liked leading his party to feed at the public trough. But hey vote Demo if you like your taxes no matter your economic status to be at the highest ceiling possible.

Lol thanks for the laugh

I was just starting off with the Republican continued stance against Affirmative Action, despite it's usefulness in balancing the overwhelming white advantage work force....

i.e. http://www.lib.niu.edu/ipo/ii951110.html

I will look for more specifics links on voting records, if it can be found.

We oppose affirmative action because its unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back