Is Brady better than Joe Montana?

Tough call, but I have to say no.

Super Joe didn't have a running game and won a SB, and was the best clutch QB i ever saw.

Yeah, but Joe Montana had better recievers than Brady has had. Brady has done more with less. I would call this one a wash.
Can't agree there.

Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon ain't exactly hall of famers, and the half back, Ricky patton only gained about 550 yards for the season.

exactly.thats what i been saying all along.

These are different eras

And now the league that has SO many rules that benefit/protect QB's and receivers... so there is an easier chance for QB's to have good stats...

Championships and Wins mean something, but it is a whole team that does that. So while I will add it to boost a rating, I will never purely use that as an argument for greatness..

Joe was probably the most accurate and clutch QB I ever saw... I easily have him in a top 5 discussion.. I do not even put Brady top 10 nor do I really see him ending up in the top 10 when his career is over.. I really do not see him pushing out/ahead of any of the following: Johnny U, Montana, Marino, Starr, Staubach, Fouts, Graham, Jurgensen, Baugh, Favre, Elway, or Tarkenton... I do not even consider Brady the best in his era, as I would put him behind Manning (who I also do not have in the top 10, yet.. though he has a greater chance of doing it than Brady)

yeah thats a good point.totally agree.

The league is different, but I thought I would start this conversation.

Tough call! I say yes. The game is faster, with bigger and stronger players. Brady nearly had the perfect season and that is no small feat. Montana never flirted with 19-0 nor did he go perfect in the regular season.

I have the top 5 down: Brady, P. Manning (Yep I put Manning over Montana also), Montana, Elway and Marino

A top 5 without even a sniff of Unitas or Graham??? PUH-LEASE

And it was not Brady that almost went 19-0... that was the Patriots...

And if you were purely gong on that, then why not have Greise in on your list? For in fact he is the only QB to be in charge of an undefeated team

exactly.It was THE PATRIOTS that flirted with 19-0 not tom brady.That point is also immaterial cause in 85 without an all star receiving core to throw to and an average running game at BEST,Montana took the 49er's to a 15-1 season to go on and win the superbowl.BOTH teams finished the season with the same record of 18-1,THATS the important stat.
so what if the patriots went undefeated during the regular season,every player on that team will tell you the same thing the 72 dolphins said back then that unless the dolphins won the superbowl, going undefeated during the season meant nothing at all to them,the patriot players will now tell you as well that now it means nothing to them going undefeated since they finished with a blemish on the season losing the superbowl not being perfect.that superbowl loss pains them today.the end result is BOTH teams lost one game in that season so the patriots are no more impressive than the 49ers were back then and Montant never cheated to win a superbowl and like the guys said,you cant have an all time best without Unitas in there.Hell as much as I love Montana,Unitas was the best ever at his position.

And if you were purely gong on that, then why not have Greise in on your list? For in fact he is the only QB to be in charge of an undefeated team

Yeah those guys are better than Manning as was Namath.
Namath was a chump.. horrible completion % and td to INT ratio, even for his day.. him and Bradshaw are the 2 most OVERRATED QB's in the HoF

Namath was a chump..

Not so... I sat down at a bar for a greyhound in North Hollywood Florida one sweltering afternoon. As I was handed my drink I noticed the only other guy at the bar was sitting next to me and it was Joe. We talked for about half an hour..and I have to say he was not a chump or a stuck up asshole. He was friendly and real cool. Now his complexion..that was something else. Dude has craters on his mug that would make the moon envious.

Yeah those guys are better than Manning as was Namath.
Namath was a chump.. horrible completion % and td to INT ratio, even for his day.. him and Bradshaw are the 2 most OVERRATED QB's in the HoF

Namath was a chump..

Not so... I sat down at a bar for a greyhound in North Hollywood Florida one sweltering afternoon. As I was handed my drink I noticed the only other guy at the bar was sitting next to me and it was Joe. We talked for about half an hour..and I have to say he was not a chump or a stuck up asshole. He was friendly and real cool. Now his complexion..that was something else. Dude has craters on his mug that would make the moon envious.

I love to mention his name to an old Baltimore Colts fan....and watch the veins pop out on their forehead....:laugh:

Forum List

Back