Is "black hole" a racially insensitive term?

If this type of hypersensitivity keeps up we'll have to be careful when ordering blackened red fish at Legal Seafoods. We would be insulting Blacks and Native Americans in one fell swoop

You won't be able to say "there's a nip in the air " for fear of insulting a Japanese person.

Just think **** and Span will have to be taken off the market because the name insults Latinos

The real funny part about this story is that said insulted Black guy when it was finally made clear that the term black hole was about cosmology and not race said "It doesn't matter if what he said was racist. What matters is that I'm offended." and still demanded an apology

take it easy
don't use my little joke to prop up your position
LOL
I thought it might be a joke but I see how those that do not support Obomber have their speech restricted or are banned from making posts on youtube and other message boards.

I'm thinking in the world of ebonics, hoes/holes are all the same. :razz:

So one stupid black man means all blacks and Native Americans are equally stupid and sensitive?

:cuckoo:
Who has condemned John Wiley Price's stupid comments?
I have heard no one condemn his remarks, therefore, the answer is yes.

You are confused.

Commissioner John Wiley Price is saying black women are "black holes".
Price should be fired for making these sexist comments.
This should be treated as a hate crime!

I don't see it. In an analogy, a black hole is where something goes in and does not come back; the analogy being made with black holes in space, not black women.

This is a perfect case of people looking for an excuse to be offended.

The only way the term blackhole can be racially insensitive is if the person who uses that term is predjudice deep down inside themselves.

this is a silly topic. black hoe is insensitive, not black hole. lol

poppi, go to politics, election 08 or economy. discuss your industry, political opinions etc. this is a great place if you are into these things

right now you are in race relations.

I don't see it. In an analogy, a black hole is where something goes in and does not come back; the analogy being made with black holes in space, not black women.

This is a perfect case of people looking for an excuse to be offended.
It's all about getting cracker's money for free.

It's all about getting cracker's money for free.

Not necessarily. In this case I would say it's getting one's name in the headlines while throwing dirt on someone. The accusation is a stretch.

Understand that I don't agree with racism from ANY race. I also don't agree with those who use it as an excuse to sensationalize or villify something as benign as this statement obviously is.

And that's GUNNERY SERGEANT cracker to you.:drillsergeant:

:lol:

It won't matter. I say screw PC language (which I already do). If blacks use a term, however disparagingly, then whites can use it as well. If whites use it, then blacks can use it.

Blacks brought the term nigga back into the vernacular, and now they're all hurt that people use it. It's idiotic.

And black hole has never been a racial term, that's just stupid. Maybe the guy did think they were saying "black hoes" or maybe it's an inside joke about those particular workers...in which case, if it's a pun, it could be racial. Or not.

It's just such a minor thing, who gives a rat's ass?

Forum List

Back