Is Bill Clinton Trying Steal Away The Tea Party?

Yes, just as Obama did...:eusa_whistle:

Obama flat out lied. He promised everything to everybody and delivered next to nothing. I voted for him and regret it with all my conviction now. I though he had the momentum to actually make some of the positive change he discussed. Reducing the impact of lobbyists in Washington. Instead he reached out to the. Mending fences and reducing partisanship. Instead he alienated the republicans out of the box.

Of course those are all things the right wing noise machine will tell you. Obama promised he would deliver on health care reform. Check. It isn't perfect, and will probably be hacked to pieces, but at least it won't linger on the back burner for yet another decade. He promised better access to education. Check. An energy policy. Check (sitting in the Senate now waiting a redraft to remove, yes REMOVE, cap and trade, but at least there is one). He promised financial help for small businesses hurt by the recession. Check, check and check. Obama promised financial reform, following the meltdown of the major lending institutions. Check. Those just off the top of my head.

Admittedly, he was naive about the power of lobbyists, but there are still far fewer knocking on doors in the Executive Branch than ever before. And I think if you go back beginning in February 2009 and study some of the on-air statements by the Republican leadership, you'll realize that they never had any intention of cooperating AT ALL with the Obama administration.

The Republicans in general have been rude and indignant since Obama got elected. A little known fact, when Paul Kirk, who was selected to be Ted Kennedy's interim successor took the floor of the Senate to give a brief farewell speech honoring Kennedy for his 47 years of service to the country, not a single Republican Senator bothered to come to the floor to hear it. They couldn't be bothered, even at the death of a respected colleague, to give a nod to the Democrats who sit directly across the aisle.

It's not even reform in any way, shape or form. It resembles nothing to what he promised to deliver. It was a sell out to the Big Pharmacy and Insurance companies. Obama himself solicited lobbyists to help push the plan through. Lobbyists who's influence he promised to rid Washington of. You totally weakend your argument with that lead.

Obama flat out lied. He promised everything to everybody and delivered next to nothing. I voted for him and regret it with all my conviction now. I though he had the momentum to actually make some of the positive change he discussed. Reducing the impact of lobbyists in Washington. Instead he reached out to the. Mending fences and reducing partisanship. Instead he alienated the republicans out of the box.

Of course those are all things the right wing noise machine will tell you. Obama promised he would deliver on health care reform. Check. It isn't perfect, and will probably be hacked to pieces, but at least it won't linger on the back burner for yet another decade. He promised better access to education. Check. An energy policy. Check (sitting in the Senate now waiting a redraft to remove, yes REMOVE, cap and trade, but at least there is one). He promised financial help for small businesses hurt by the recession. Check, check and check. Obama promised financial reform, following the meltdown of the major lending institutions. Check. Those just off the top of my head.

Admittedly, he was naive about the power of lobbyists, but there are still far fewer knocking on doors in the Executive Branch than ever before. And I think if you go back beginning in February 2009 and study some of the on-air statements by the Republican leadership, you'll realize that they never had any intention of cooperating AT ALL with the Obama administration.

The Republicans in general have been rude and indignant since Obama got elected. A little known fact, when Paul Kirk, who was selected to be Ted Kennedy's interim successor took the floor of the Senate to give a brief farewell speech honoring Kennedy for his 47 years of service to the country, not a single Republican Senator bothered to come to the floor to hear it. They couldn't be bothered, even at the death of a respected colleague, to give a nod to the Democrats who sit directly across the aisle.

It's not even reform in any way, shape or form. It resembles nothing to what he promised to deliver. It was a sell out to the Big Pharmacy and Insurance companies. Obama himself solicited lobbyists to help push the plan through. Lobbyists who's influence he promised to rid Washington of. You totally weakend your argument with that lead.

If you want to discuss the health care bill, go to the appropriate topic or start a new thread. But since it's been talked TO DEATH, I won't participate. I was responding to the allegation that Obama hadn't done what he promised. And he has, like it or not. (And he probably regrets it, but had he NOT, he would have completely lost the base that elected him.) So there's your conundrum.

Forum List

Back