Is Biden running for his Senate seat as well?

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
In the event he loses the VP election?

If so, what happens if he wins the VP? Would his opponent automatically win the Senate seat?

If so, what happens if he wins the VP? Would his opponent automatically win the Senate seat?

I believe he can still win is senate seat and then they appoint someone until it can filled or have another election I am not sure. Because I know someone who is dead can still win an election. Remember Sonny Bono died and then his wife filled the seat. I am sure it is in the constitution in the Article pretaining to how senators are elected.

he is still running for his Senate seat... hedging his bets :lol:

I'm sure another Democrat would be selected to fill the seat but i could be wrong.

The Govenor of Delaware would appoint someone to fill his seat for two years, then there would be a special election for the remaining 4 years of his term.

He will still be voted on in the Senate race as well. If his ticket wins the presidential, his seat will become vacant (assuming he wins the senate race) and will need to be filled by a replacement. That replacement would most likely hold the seat until the next election, I believe.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Forum List

Back