Is being anti Islam being racist?

roomy said:
I don't think I am racist yet I hate muslims, as this is a religion and state of mind rather than a race of people is it still racism, bearing in mind Muslims come in all colours.

Islam is a religion. Muslims practice Islam, but still, are not bound to a single ethnicity. Hating muslims does not make you racist, only prejudiced (and with some good reasons).

That said, I have several muslim friends and co-workers, and all are decent people (I wouldn't associate with them if they were not).

ADDED: "Prejudiced" is not meant in a specifically bad way as we all base our understanding of what we don't know on that with which we have had specific experiences. Now if that prejudice prevents a person from re-evaluating the situation as new information/experiences come in, then that prejudice becomes a "bad thing."

Said1 said:
You don't know what I'm doing while posting. I could be midget tossing between posts, or posting between tosses. Not that you'll ever know.

Do they splat when they hit the wall, or is it just a dull thud?

I wonder if they worry about it? "Oh look, here comes that infidel lady, smile and wave Abdalah".

That's not too hard to believe.

GunnyL said:
Do they splat when they hit the wall, or is it just a dull thud?

They land safely on pillows, I don't want to get sued.

That's not too hard to believe.

You never know. But to be honest, most of the women I met are very quiet especially around their husbands. Once they get to know you a bit.......:blah2: I know one family who has an old auntie living with them and she cant' speak english very well, but man, does she try. :laugh:

roomy said:
The old auntie could be strolling around with a bomb tied to her leg, you never know, until it happens, then you know less.:321:

I'll take that chance, she makes great flat breads and pastries. Always be nice to the old ladies, they'll feed you. :laugh:

Forum List

Back