Is becoming like God good or evil?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

I would like to restrict giving God any other attribute except for knowing good and evil in this thread. Just for simplicity.

I have two quotes I would like you to consider.

“Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.”

“Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”

Knowing good and evil is the same as developing or gaining a moral sense. This is something that all governments and religions wish to develop in us and seems like a good idea to me.

If being perfect like God means that we must have the knowledge of good and evil, then Adam and Eve had to eat of the tree of knowledge ---- if they were to accomplish what most seem to think is a worthy goal. Morals. As God says in Eden, such is to have your eyes opened. A good thing IOW.

In the Jewish view, A & E did the right thing and they name it our elevation. In the Christian view, they did the wrong thing and call it our fall.

Is becoming as Gods, in the moral sense, good or evil?

If evil, please explain what is evil about developing a moral sense and following scriptures that tell us to be as Gods.

Regards
DL

The Fall of Adam was necessary and good. But it was still a Fall. Adam and Eve were Immortal before the Fall. Afterwards they are subject to death and hell. They had gained knowledge but without the Redemption that comes from the Atonement, that knowledge would condemn them.

The Fall of Adam was necessary and good. But it was still a Fall. Adam and Eve were Immortal before the Fall. Afterwards they are subject to death and hell. They had gained knowledge but without the Redemption that comes from the Atonement, that knowledge would condemn them.

LOL.
Quite the use of language. So it was good that they and the rest of us were all condemed. Ok.
:disagree:

Regards
DL

But they weren't condemned. They were provided with a probationary period, by which they could repent and learn. That doesnt mean they didn't break the law Nor that the punishment wasnt applicable.

Also the source of all good.

So..tell me, do you have teeth that are sharpened into points, dyed black hair and black fingernails? Are you obsessed with the Twilight series?

But they weren't condemned. They were provided with a probationary period,.

Show the scriptures or be seen as adding to scriptures which you are not to do.

Your imagination is getting carried away and you begin to get tiresome with your make believe story. Apologists should not lie and you do.

Regards
DL

I would like to restrict giving God any other attribute except for knowing good and evil in this thread. Just for simplicity.

Knowing good and evil is the same as developing or gaining a moral sense. This is something that all governments and religions wish to develop in us and seems like a good idea to me.

If being perfect like God means that we must have the knowledge of good and evil, then Adam and Eve had to eat of the tree of knowledge ---- if they were to accomplish what most seem to think is a worthy goal. Morals. As God says in Eden, such is to have your eyes opened. A good thing IOW.

In the Jewish view, A & E did the right thing and they name it our elevation. In the Christian view, they did the wrong thing and call it our fall.

If evil, please explain what is evil about developing a moral sense and following scriptures that tell us to be as Gods.

Regards
DL

Are you talking Communion or Competition?

Regards
DL

Are you talking Communion or Competition?

Neither. Morals.

Regards
DL

But they weren't condemned. They were provided with a probationary period,.

Show the scriptures or be seen as adding to scriptures which you are not to do.

Your imagination is getting carried away and you begin to get tiresome with your make believe story. Apologists should not lie and you do.

Regards
DL

I did. And God can add whatever the heck He wants to the scriptures.

I havent told a single lie yet. I dont plan on it either.

Forum List

Back