Is Beauty a Blessing or a Curse?

Looks like Charlotte Rampling to me and she is pretty perfect.:cool:

Charlotte Rampling it is. She represents sexy, beautiful, intelligent and talented women my age.

Another of my favorites is Helen Mirren.

Being noticed for your looks is over rated. I used to find it a pain. Getting older has been freeing in that regard. It's much easier to safely travel alone when I want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also depends on what kind of personality you have. I find women, generally, to be petty and insanely jealous. One of my friendships ended because of the jealousy. She even admitted that she had this flaw, but I didn't believe her until it was too late. I think most women want to have friends that make them look good, but once someone else gets the spotlight, they are not interested in the friendship. So if you want to have lots of friends, beauty can be a curse.

I don't find most women to be petty and insanely jealous at all. At least the ones I socialize with and am friends with. They tend to be caring, nuturing females, who truely are happy when something good happens to me, and vise-versa. These women are teachers, enviromentalists, bank workers, office workers, etc.....

I love all my women friends, and they are all beautiful to me!

I'm basing my decision on beauty on the big picture. While all the opportunites it provides you with may not seem pleasant at the time, you ARE noticed and have chances to learn where others may not.

Most
men are turned on by attractive women who are smart, am I right on this?

And I bet a sense of humor helps too! ;)

I don't find most women to be petty and insanely jealous at all. At least the ones I socialize with and am friends with. They tend to be caring, nuturing females, who truely are happy when something good happens to me, and vise-versa. These women are teachers, enviromentalists, bank workers, office workers, etc.....

Perhaps it's a regional thing. It's very competitive here. There have been many a backstabbers in my life. I'm glad that you find it different for you.

I find men to be more honest, but because I'm married, it's difficult to maintain relationships with men.

I think it's sad when I run into women who have that experience of other women.

My experience is similar to yours. My women friends are like yours.

I have seen a few women in power have a hard time in the workplace. They think they have to act like men and of course, they aren't men. They make themselves and everyone else around them miserable.

Perhaps it's a regional thing. It's very competitive here. There have been many a backstabbers in my life. I'm glad that you find it different for you.

I find men to be more honest, but because I'm married, it's difficult to maintain relationships with men.

I bet, "theres no such thing as a platonic relationship"?:cool:

Well,,I also have a lot of men friends, because I love sports and "manly" things lol.

But,,,,,,a few of my man friends have wives who put an end to our friendship once they got married. They were really sweet to me before they got married, they don't want to look like they are jealous before the marriage I guess! But once that ring was on their finger, bye-bye buddy! :(

Now maybe those are the kind of women you are talking about!

It's competitive? How so? Academically? Career? Socially?

The best cure for backstabbing is to not engage in it.

I bet, "theres no such thing as a platonic relationship"?:cool:

I think even in a platonic friendship there could be that physical attraction. I can't take that chance. Remember when you get to know someone, something platonic can change over the years.

Most

Well I certainly am----an attractive woman can suddenly become very repulsive exposing certain parts of her mind and behavior. The opposite can occur with women who don't immediately seem attractive but expressed beauty in mind and behavior.

I think even in a platonic friendship there could be that physical attraction. I can't take that chance. Remember when you get to know someone, something platonic can change over the years.

I'm confused. You can't take the chance of having a friend because there may be some physical attraction? What if there is? Do you have no control over whether you act on an attraction or not?

Some of the most brilliant professional collaborations I've participated in had some measure of spark to them. There is no need to put concepts on creativity and positive energy.
If you value someone you tend to have positive feelings for them.

Well I certainly am----an attractive woman can suddenly become very repulsive exposing certain parts of her mind and behavior. The opposite can occur with women who don't immediately seem attractive but expressed beauty in mind and behavior.

Exactly!

Same thing with men.

Most

My guess is (because I don't want to speak for me) yes, but to a certain extent. Sometimes they find it a turn off.

I'm confused. You can't take the chance of having a friend because there may be some physical attraction? What if there is? Do you have no control over whether you act on an attraction or not?

Some of the most brilliant professional collaborations I've participated in had some measure of spark to them. There is no need to put concepts on creativity and positive energy.
If you value someone you tend to have positive feelings for them.

Never underestimate the power of personal chemistry.

It is the foundation of jealousy in imperfect relationships.

A little bit of jealousy can liven up a marriage. You get to see that your mate can still turn a head. That's appealing. Especially, when there is trust.

A little bit of jealousy can liven up a marriage. You get to see that your mate can still turn a head. That's appealing. Especially, when there is trust.

It is a self destructive quality and should be avoided at all costs.It took me years to realise that.:cool:

Forum List

Back