Is anyone else not voting?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaffeineKid1988, Nov 7, 2007.

1. CaffeineKid1988

CaffeineKid1988 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    2008 was supposed to be the first election in which I am old enough to vote. I'm pissed because I was really looking forward to it!

A lot of my nerdy airhead friends are trying to convince me to vote for Ron Paul. Okay, besides the fact that he's a cut-and-run reactionary, nobody ever even heard of him until literally ten seconds ago, so what's the point? Mit Romney is a waffler, and the rest of them...well, same issue as with Paul.

I really do think that bitchy skank Hillary will win, not because she got A LOT of votes, but because everybody else stayed home to watch the Family Guy or something. That's what I'll be doing.

2. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Not voting is your problem, ck. Deal with it on your on or see your Doctor about it. This is not the place for support on that issue.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,930
    While he should vote, your claim this is not the place to get support for his idea is simply wrong. This board is a board where even racists can try and get support, Conspiracy whackos and senile old fools can try and get support. We even have a turk nationalist that tries to get support.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Perhaps you should consider voting and doing your part to ensure Hillary is NOT the next President instead of tossing in the towel a year early?

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Ummmmmmm... maybe it's better that someone who thinks the republican field is "cut and run reactionaries" and calls the person who is probably going to be the next president a "bitchy skank", isn't going to vote.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Good point.:lol:

It is my contention however that if one does not cast one's lot, one then has NO right to bitch about the outcome.

I'd love to see how many people on the various message boards I frequent actually voted and call them on it.

7. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    Thanks.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that if you have opportunity to vote and don't use that vote, you deserve what you get and have no right to complain about the outcome.

8. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,220
    Where I've just moved to, you have to vote or get fined $25...

9. Edward

Edward Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Yes it is and he has my support for choosing to do the right thing and not taking part in an asinine system and benefiting from it. Those who vote should not be praised for doing so. They are generally pond scum who vote in an effort to violate the rights of others and to advance their interests and the interests of their families at the expense of others. It is one thing to want to have a say in your government and to promote a system where everyone has an equal voice but since our Constitution doesn't do this than it only makes sense that he would choose not to vote. It's not like it really matters anyway since the various candidates will represent the same faction in this country. The fact that this faction is divided into two political parties doesn't make it any less a tyranny of that faction. :cuckoo:

10. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    I'm perfectly fine with some people not voting. ;)

But it's not a bad idea, I guess, in terms of emphasizing the importance of it.