Is anyone else getting the diaoplayer redirect?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
It fakes trying to update your flash player, but I have the latest already installed. It will direct you to diaoplayer anyway. I thought it was some response by the website by one of these aggravating advertisements that US message board seems infested with these days.

I don't get the redirect on any other web page, only here at USMB. I gave in and finally tried to install the god damned flash version it wanted to install and got at least 8 Trojans from some fucking site in Russia.

It is totally understandable that USMB wants to run ads, but do you folks running this site have to let some Russian mafia botnet site install updates?

roflmao

I could not get in to USMB for a couple hours yesterday. Installed Ad Block Plus and have had no problems since. It's free and you see no ads at all here. [MENTION=32813]JimBowie1958[/MENTION]

The “Flash Player Update” pop-ups happens regardless of the web browser or search engine, and if you are seeing a pop-up from a website saying that a “Flash Player Update” is required, then your computer may be infected with adware or a potentially unwanted program.
This infection is designed specifically to make money. It generates web traffic, collects sales leads for other dubious sites, and will display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser.

“Flash Player Update” pop-up ads are distributed via adware or other malicious programs. Malicious websites, or legitimate websites that have been compromised, may display this pop-up ads within your web browser.
On these infected or compromised websites, cyber criminals will display a pop-up box stating that you need to updated or install a piece of software. If you click on the “Download” or “Click to install now” button, instead of installing an update, you’ll agree to download an adwar or a malicious programs onto your computer.
The text of “Flash Player Update” pop-up is:

Remove "Flash Player Update" pop-up virus (Removal Guide)

I got this and ran virus scan.

It is probably malware pretending to be updates.

It pops up on my windows 8 phone using explorer, windows 8.1 PC using FireFox or explorer when ad block / pop-up blocker is turned off on USMB, & 2 windows XP PC's FireFox when ad block is turned off on USMB. I need to find a ad blocker for my phone, because it makes USMB on my phone impossible.

I suspect USMB website is infected with malware.

Last edited:
It is probably malware pretending to be updates.

It pops up on my windows 8 phone using explorer, windows 8.1 PC using FireFox or explorer when ad block / pop-up blocker is turned off on USMB, & 2 windows XP PC's FireFox when ad block is turned off on USMB. I need to find a ad blocker for my phone, because it makes USMB on my phone impossible.

I suspect USMB website is infected with malware.

I think so. It is a nasty virus that can spread like wildfire.

My virus program keeps posting a pop up warning about diaoplayer.

I hope the people who run this site get rid of this shit.

AdBlock Plus & AdBlock Edge stops this crap.

I think one of my pc's is now infected. Flash no-longer works & file search has been corrupted. I have to use another networked computer to search for files on that pc. Do not install that flash pop-up.

Adblock seems to be doing the trick for me. What a pain the ass to have to deal with spam when I want to quickly flame my lib friends at USMB

-Geaux

The “Flash Player Update” pop-ups happens regardless of the web browser or search engine, and if you are seeing a pop-up from a website saying that a “Flash Player Update” is required, then your computer may be infected with adware or a potentially unwanted program.
This infection is designed specifically to make money. It generates web traffic, collects sales leads for other dubious sites, and will display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser.

“Flash Player Update” pop-up ads are distributed via adware or other malicious programs. Malicious websites, or legitimate websites that have been compromised, may display this pop-up ads within your web browser.
On these infected or compromised websites, cyber criminals will display a pop-up box stating that you need to updated or install a piece of software. If you click on the “Download” or “Click to install now” button, instead of installing an update, you’ll agree to download an adwar or a malicious programs onto your computer.
The text of “Flash Player Update” pop-up is:

Remove "Flash Player Update" pop-up virus (Removal Guide)

I got this and ran virus scan.

Yeah I ran Kaspersky and trend micro and got no security threat found both times.

Havent seen it yet today; fingers crossed, lol.

Wow, just had it hit me 14 times in a row while I attempted to return to the intended page each time.

Just guessing but it seems to be instigated by a particular ad. If I keep doing 'back' till the ad changes, it goes away.

Forum List

Back