Is anyone else expecting Trump to proclaim himself the Messiah?

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Have you listened to his speeches? They are just full of themes like:
  • I'm the answer./I know the answer.
  • I'm your savior.
  • I will fix it.
That'd be fine if the stuff he says were (1) overwhelmingly factually accurate, full of details about how he's going to "fix it," and (3) held up under close scrutiny. Sure, his "stuff" sounds good and it even looks good cursorily. Sure it's what folks want to hear. But "where's the beef" that gives it validity? Nearly a year and a half in and the man has yet to offer as much detail as his opponent and on no policy point has he provided more detail.

I mean really. How long will folk put up with nothing more than "Here's what's wrong and I know how to fix it" without any specifics about what that "how" is? The man had the entirety of the primaries to develop some details and still he hasn't. The closest he's come is with immigration, and even there he's already waffling on that. The waffling would be okay were his theme "I don't have the answers now, but we're going to find them." But that isn't his theme.

• I'm your savior.
  • I will fix it.
That'd be fine if the stuff he says were (1) overwhelmingly factually accurate, full of details about how he's going to "fix it," and (3) held up under close scrutiny. Sure, his "stuff" sounds good and it even looks good cursorily. Sure it's what folks want to hear. But "where's the beef" that gives it validity? Nearly a year and a half in and the man has yet to offer as much detail as his opponent and on no policy point has he provided more detail.

I mean really. How long will folk put up with nothing more than "Here's what's wrong and I know how to fix it" without any specifics about what that "how" is? The man had the entirety of the primaries to develop some details and still he hasn't. The closest he's come is with immigration, and even there he's already waffling on that. The waffling would be okay were his theme "I don't have the answers now, but we're going to find them." But that isn't his theme.
No, they're not.
Unlike your usual 400 paragraph postings.

• I'm your savior.
  • I will fix it.

At this point, he might as well. Hell, I might even subscribe to the news network he's planning on launching after he loses in November if he does that.

• I'm your savior.
  • I will fix it.

Hope and Change ring any bells there moron??

• I'm your savior.
  • I will fix it.

Hope and change is fine. I don't have a problem with the "hope and change" message. I have a problem with the dearth of information Trump has provided about the nature and extent of the change for which we are supposed to be hopeful.

Does this ring a bell, moron? Perhaps not. How about this:
Of Mssrs. McCain, Obama or Romney, did you ever see so much grousing about the lack of detail?

Okay, take one issue: immigration. Trump wants to build a wall and maybe (as of late) deport 11M - 15M undocumented immigrants.
  • Deport illegal immigrants:
    • When will they all or at least 90% of them be gone?
    • What's it going to cost to find them, feed/accommodate them in transit, and then send them packing? Odds are they don't have money for a plane ticket.
    • Where will they be sent?
  • Build a wall (not a fence; Trump's been very clear about that), "The most beautiful tall wall, better than the Great Wall of China, that will run the whole border and that Mexico will pay for.":
What's the wall going to cost? To build? To maintain once it's built? Is Mexico going to pay for the wall? Mexico says, "No."

Let's look at how he proposes to get Mexico to pay for the wall. "Trump has described his wall as low as 25 feet tall and at other times as high as 55 feet. Sometimes he has his wall running the entire border, other times only 1,000 miles, plus the 670 miles of high steel fencing Republicans spent $2.4 billion on to keep illegal immigrants out of the U.S."

When Trump discussed the cost of his wall on MSNBC, in early February 2016, he said we only need 1,000 miles because of natural barriers, and that would cost $8 billion. He explained the wall would be made of precast cement, “probably 35 to 40 feet up in the air. That’s high; that’s a real wall. It will actually look good. It’ll look, you know, as good as a wall is going to look.” A few weeks later, Trump upped the cost to $10 billion to $12 billion. But none of these cost numbers could be verified by a Washington Post fact checker. The Post estimated the cost would be more like $25 billion. (Newsweek)

It gets better. According to Trump:

[T]he United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards—of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. (The Atlantic)
Click The Atlantic link to read about the absurdity and implausibility of Trump's proposed payment approach.
So while Trump has ostensibly offered some details about the wall, he's not offered any that are both realistic and reliable. No, I don't need the answers to all the questions I posed above, but the major ones -- how much, when's it going to be done, environmental impact, and geological impact strategy -- yes, want answers to those questions before I conclude that building a wall is anything other than something that sounds good.

• I'm your savior.
  • I will fix it.

Hope and change is fine. I don't have a problem with the "hope and change" message. I have a problem with the dearth of information Trump has provided about the nature and extent of the change for which we are supposed to be hopeful.

Of Mssrs. McCain, Obama or Romney, did you ever see so much grousing about the lack of detail?

Okay, take one issue: immigration. Trump wants to build a wall and maybe (as of late) deport 11M - 15M undocumented immigrants.
    • What's it going to cost to find them, feed/accommodate them in transit, and then send them packing? Odds are they don't have money for a plane ticket.
  • Build a wall (not a fence; Trump's been very clear about that), "The most beautiful tall wall, better than the Great Wall of China, that will run the whole border and that Mexico will pay for.":
What's the wall going to cost? To build? To maintain once it's built? Is Mexico going to pay for the wall? Mexico says, "No."

Let's look at how he proposes to get Mexico to pay for the wall. "Trump has described his wall as low as 25 feet tall and at other times as high as 55 feet. Sometimes he has his wall running the entire border, other times only 1,000 miles, plus the 670 miles of high steel fencing Republicans spent $2.4 billion on to keep illegal immigrants out of the U.S."

When Trump discussed the cost of his wall on MSNBC, in early February 2016, he said we only need 1,000 miles because of natural barriers, and that would cost $8 billion. He explained the wall would be made of precast cement, “probably 35 to 40 feet up in the air. That’s high; that’s a real wall. It will actually look good. It’ll look, you know, as good as a wall is going to look.” A few weeks later, Trump upped the cost to $10 billion to $12 billion. But none of these cost numbers could be verified by a Washington Post fact checker. The Post estimated the cost would be more like $25 billion. (Newsweek)

[T]he United States will, among other things: impound all remittance payments derived from illegal wages; increase fees on all temporary visas issued to Mexican CEOs and diplomats (and if necessary cancel them); increase fees on all border crossing cards—of which we issue about 1 million to Mexican nationals each year (a major source of visa overstays); increase fees on all NAFTA worker visas from Mexico (another major source of overstays); and increase fees at ports of entry to the United States from Mexico [Tariffs and foreign aid cuts are also options]. (The Atlantic)
Click The Atlantic link to read about the absurdity and implausibility of Trump's proposed payment approach.​
So while Trump has ostensibly offered some details about the wall, he's not offered any that are both realistic and reliable. No, I don't need the answers to all the questions I posed above, but the major ones -- how much, when's it going to be done, environmental impact, and geological impact strategy -- yes, want answers to those questions before I conclude that building a wall is anything other than something that sounds good.
TFL; DR; T320TFU

• I'm your savior.
  • I will fix it.

Click The Atlantic link to read about the absurdity and implausibility of Trump's proposed payment approach.​

Speaking of morons??

Moron.

I'm not quite getting how you equate a lack of specifics to someone planning to announce themselves as a messiah.

• I'm your savior.
  • I will fix it.

The left has some serious balls even going there after Obama, their hypocrisy is off the charts.

Forum List

Back