Is anyone else as disgusted as I am?

Imagine for a moment a politician who came forward and spoke the truth. I am reminded of something Kierkegaard said, if we were to reveal our thoughts or to act on them most would think us crazy.

"Listen people, the war in Iraq was a blunder, the infrastructure is decaying, the wealthy are taking advantage of every tax loophole, our inner city schools are crumbling, our respect for each other's diversity is awful, our values, when it comes to education are completely missing, our dependence on fossil fuel is a dead end, we have no community no commons, TV is a vast wasteland of mediocrity and sexual innuendos, our conservative corporate MSM is lost in fear propaganda....."

damn that guy is crazy!

Imagine for a moment a politician who came forward and spoke the truth. I am reminded of something Kierkegaard said, if we were to reveal our thoughts or to act on them most would think us crazy.

"Listen people, the war in Iraq was a blunder, the infrastructure is decaying, the wealthy are taking advantage of every tax loophole, our inner city schools are crumbling, our respect for each other's diversity is awful, our values, when it comes to education are completely missing, our dependence on fossil fuel is a dead end, we have no community no commons, TV is a vast wasteland of mediocrity and sexual innuendos, our conservative corporate MSM is lost in fear propaganda....."

damn that guy is crazy!

Followed by, lets close our borders and bury our heads in the sand so the big bad world will go away. I am surprised the liberals are not flocking to this guy he sings their tune so well.

One has to have a plan not just a complaint if one wants to LEAD. ANYONE can bitch and moan. The Democrats are great at complaining and piss poor on having any plan, this guy is right there beside them, some republican he is.

Libertarians have their own party, let him run under their banner, oh wait, I forgot, he couldn't get elected street sweeper under that banner.

I find it funnier than shit how critical some republicans have been in this thread about voting for Ron Paul when, THIS SIDE OF THE YELLOW MAGNET REVOLUTION, their 04 pony seems to have fallen short of the starry eyed lionization that, apparently, made ole W the latest incarnation of Reagan's ghost. Oh yes, Ron Paul is 08's Nader and Perot but it's hilarious to see you suckers crying about actual diversity among the republican ranks. As if the giant "i'm more conservative than you" pissing contest really indicates a good candidate. Funny, You will walk grudgingly to vote for Rudy for the teams sake but won't consider anyone else who strays too far from worshiping ron reagan and jesus - in that order.

hilarious, I say.

:cool:

One has to have a plan not just a complaint if one wants to LEAD. ANYONE can bitch and moan. The Democrats are great at complaining and piss poor on having any plan, this guy is right there beside them, some republican he is.

Libertarians have their own party, let him run under their banner, oh wait, I forgot, he couldn't get elected street sweeper under that banner.

I agree but you belong to the party in power both in congress and the presidency most of the past 20 years and there ain't a hell of a lot to show for it. Or maybe you missed that.

And libertarians are more conservative than liberal, they are primariliy young men who grew up with a silver spoon, a conservative mom and dad, and now they want social freedom too.

Forum List

Back