Is an Obama/Clinton Ticket Unbeatable?

Apr 2, 2008
Serious discussion only please. Try to keep personal vendettas with other posters out of this thread.

It looks more likely with each passing day Obama and Hillary will merge in what the democrats will characterize as a dream ticket.

Couple questions for the interested observers. First, is an Obama/Clinton ticket unbeatable this November? Why or why not?

Secondly, is there any other potent combinations for both parties? I happen to think Obama/Bloomberg is tough as nails. Though I think Obama/Edwards or Obama/Richardson is very weak.

McCain has yet to choose a running mate. On the weekend he hosted potential candidates at a barbeque. I believe Crist, Jindal and Romney were present.

A Romney/McCain ticket is a sure loss, I don't even want to go there.

McCain/Crist sounds better than Romney, but it's going to take a lot of work and this ticket still may lose.

Jindal is really the only logical choice in an effort to counter the youth/minority double whammy the Democrats seem to be throwing up at the GOP this year

Obama/Clinton defeats anything the GOP put up, barring a world changing event of course.

Obama/Bloomberg is powerful but not unbeatable. McCain/Jindal I think would take give them a good run.

Finally, if Obama chooses someone else besides Clinton or Bloomberg, that ticket loses to McCain/Jindal easily.

So if you ask me the best ticket the Dems could possibly put up is Obama/Clinton, I think thats obvious.

The best the GOP can put up is McCain/Jindal and thats pretty darn good and should make things interesting.

You know, of course, that you have no control over what OTHERS post on a message board, right?

No. Its not unbeatable. It will cause problems, actually. The main problem is that Hillary is too good of a candidate and too many people will be wishing it was the reverse.

• Banned
No. Its not unbeatable. It will cause problems, actually. The main problem is that Hillary is too good of a candidate and too many people will be wishing it was the reverse.

What GOP ticket beats Obama/Clinton?

I say McCain/Jindal has the strognest chance.

I don't think it could be beat. She will bring all of her supporters with her. Right now, some of them might be dumb enough not to vote if she isn't on the ticket.

McCain is going to swiftboat himself.:eusa_doh:

I keep hoping that Ron Paul will run as an idependent.:clap2:

I don't think it could be beat. She will bring all of her supporters with her. Right now, some of them might be dumb enough not to vote if she isn't on the ticket.

McCain is going to swiftboat himself.:eusa_doh:

I keep hoping that Ron Paul will run as an idependent.:clap2:

You mean her supporters may use their brains to decide who the better candidate is? How is that dumb?

No, but Clinton/Obama would be unbeatable.

McCain would win over the neocons with an uber neo.

What a shame it isn't going to happen, however. clinton and Obama aren't going to join up.

Clinton will sneer at that offer.

I dont like this idea of an Obama and Clinton ticket. Especially after this primary, supporters of both camps are pretty upset and determined. It might even make them both look sketchy to some voters, i.e. Obama look like he gave in to Hillary and Clinton look like she gave in only to get the VP position. However, it might merge the Dems but either way, I dont like it :eusa_hand: and I doubt Hillary will either.

... and honestly, I really do not want Hillary on any ticket.

Forum List

Back