CDZ Is America unraveling?

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2017
I see sings of it everywhere. To begin with ....we are more divided with more hate amongst the factions than at any time since The War Between The States. The media appears to be little more than a propaganda machine designed to destroy America....of course they know not what they do but that is what they are doing.

Look at how Hollywood was devastated by the me too movement. Look at all the vulgar insults to a elected President...just no respect at all. Obama said he wanted to fundamentally change America.....since he could not accomplish that or much of anything....I think his followers have perhaps picked up on that and changed it to they want to destroy America....well maybe that is what Obama meant anyhow.

Not even to mention that the first time in our history we have two Presidents....the real President and Obama the shadow President.....remaining in the capitol...when all other Presidents left after the transition of power and from several reports is constantly attempting to undermine the sitting President.

I mean it goes on annd on....the opposition party wants to impeach and since they are frustrated in that they do everything they can to sow dissension and even revolution...I mean it goes on and on.

'We are not a country in open revolution---yet. We are not a country under enemy siege. We are the United States of America in the sticky summer of 2018 and the market is up and the unemployment rate is low and the president’s approval ratings are solid and it could have been a moment of brave hope and national resurgence, but it is not, and from the grandstands at Trump rallies to the streets of Dallas to the mad world of social media everyone knows that it is not.'

I have even heard it said America has a death wish.....that we are playing out some grand design of destruction ordained by who? Perhaps America has just gotten tired of itself and subconsciously has decided to self destruct? I mean a lot what we are seeing today is just beyond logic or reason.

Opinion | Are We Unraveling?

10douthat-articleLarge.jpg

No, it's just a blip in History. Having a paranoid, combative narcissist in the WH has given voice to a bunch of people who've been stewing over them uppity blacks since the Civil War.

I see sings of it everywhere. To begin with ....we are more divided with more hate amongst the factions than at any time since The War Between The States. The media appears to be little more than a propaganda machine designed to destroy America....of course they know not what they do but that is what they are doing.

Look at how Hollywood was devastated by the me too movement. Look at all the vulgar insults to a elected President...just no respect at all. Obama said he wanted to fundamentally change America.....since he could not accomplish that or much of anything....I think his followers have perhaps picked up on that and changed it to they want to destroy America....well maybe that is what Obama meant anyhow.

Not even to mention that the first time in our history we have two Presidents....the real President and Obama the shadow President.....remaining in the capitol...when all other Presidents left after the transition of power and from several reports is constantly attempting to undermine the sitting President.

I mean it goes on annd on....the opposition party wants to impeach and since they are frustrated in that they do everything they can to sow dissension and even revolution...I mean it goes on and on.

'We are not a country in open revolution---yet. We are not a country under enemy siege. We are the United States of America in the sticky summer of 2018 and the market is up and the unemployment rate is low and the president’s approval ratings are solid and it could have been a moment of brave hope and national resurgence, but it is not, and from the grandstands at Trump rallies to the streets of Dallas to the mad world of social media everyone knows that it is not.'

I have even heard it said America has a death wish.....that we are playing out some grand design of destruction ordained by who? Perhaps America has just gotten tired of itself and subconsciously has decided to self destruct? I mean a lot what we are seeing today is just beyond logic or reason.

I look at what's going on in America today as the potential culmination of a very ancient cycle. From time out of mind progressive movements have arisen in tyrannical societies to win freedoms and loosen cultural traditions. Problem is these progressive movements always go too far. So far that the majority of their people realize they no longer recognize their traditional values and the newly liberated moral codes scare the heck out of them.

So what the people do is call for formation of an authoritarian government with the undivided power to stop the progressive destruction of their society and get the people and society back to the familiar. What always happens in the end is once the progressive movement is crushed, the new authoritarian government goes totalitarian oppressive. Most all hard won freedoms are lost.

I think that's where we're at.

Good news is America is historically unique in that she was founded with the necessary checks and balances to prevent this ancient cycle from full consummation. Either we're on that brink and being America like we have in the past will see us through in one piece. Or it's just a really prolonged and noisy local disturbance, as opposed to earth shattering. Either way, fingers are crossed.

Step away from the ledge, kid. Things aren't that bad. Nothing has changed.

The deep state still controls the country.

And no, the deep state is not Obama.

Do you have any original insight or commentary; to go with your cut and paste? Or are you just feeling spammy?

I look at what's going on in America today as the potential culmination of a very ancient cycle. From time out of mind progressive movements have arisen in tyrannical societies to win freedoms and loosen cultural traditions. Problem is these progressive movements always go too far. So far that the majority of their people realize they no longer recognize their traditional values and the newly liberated moral codes scare the heck out of them.

So what the people do is call for formation of an authoritarian government with the undivided power to stop the progressive destruction of their society and get the people and society back to the familiar. What always happens in the end is once the progressive movement is crushed, the new authoritarian government goes totalitarian oppressive. Most all hard won freedoms are lost.

Good news is America is historically unique in that she was founded with the necessary checks and balances to prevent this ancient cycle from full consummation. Either we're on that brink and being America like we have in the past will see us through in one piece. Or it's just a really prolonged and noisy local disturbance, as opposed to earth shattering. Either way, fingers are crossed.

Excellent analysis.

We are, yes, currently. Those who have a vested professional interest in keeping us angry and tribal are definitely winning. At the same time, we're also watching our culture, our standards, in abject and rapid decline.

Personally, I don't think that's a coincidence.

The greatest country on the planet, falling apart due to purely self-inflicted wounds.

What will pull us out of this? I don't know. Maybe something. Or not.

I'll get back to you in a little bit.

I'm filling out my social security form and the 32 different boxes listed for gender has me confused.

No, the United States of America is NOT "unraveling."

It is just changing -- very fast.

Many people (including me) are appalled by the changes, but it doesn't matter what we think.

Every country changes -- often for the better, often for the worse.

That's how the cookie crumbles.

Right now, when people in other countries hear the words "An American," they see in their mind's eye a "typical" American. By the end of this century, that "picture" will look different.

No, the United States of America is NOT "unraveling."

It is just changing -- very fast.

Many people (including me) are appalled by the changes, but it doesn't matter what we think.

Every country changes -- often for the better, often for the worse.

That's how the cookie crumbles.

Right now, when people in other countries hear the words "An American," they see in their mind's eye a "typical" American. By the end of this century, that "picture" will look different.
------------------------------------------ END of this CENTURY , cool !!

Well today i consider that i am one of the Last of the REAL Americans. And i don't really think that the USA will retain its recognizable USA Character till the end of the century unless immigration is stopped . I'm just hoping that The Trump keeps America going for the rest of his 2 terms and then maybe Pence for a term or two [if Pence is TRUMP like ] . ----------------- just a comment .

Yep, checks and balances.

They FBI and DOJ goes after Republicans but not democrats.

Nice how that works.

Unraveling? You have to ask?

It's not just the US.
Look at S.America....especially Venezuela
Look at Turkey
Look at Germany
Look at the UK
Look at China (just became another Mao-ish dictatorship.
Look at Russia (If Putin is not a dictator then what is he?)
Look at Mexico - With their newly elected "Bernie Sanders copy" they'll be a dictatorship within 5 years

Once the Left was able to show the world it could crack the US, the rest of the world began to crumble. Baa aaa aaaad times ahead.
Young and dumb.....fighting for their own slavery. Old and brain dead....just give the old hippies their pot and they'll support anything.

Sure, the U.S. is unraveling ---- currently. I'm not much into future prediction since the data is so bad from the future. Two unravelings during the 20th century were stopped: in 1932 and in 1968. The first was stopped by FDR's radical New Deal and the second was stopped by the simple expedient of stopping both the draft and the Vietnam War. This one may be stopped, too.

I think it's more serious, however, and more closely resembles the unraveling during the 1850s than anything in the 20th century. And the 1850s one didn't end well. If this one does continue, I would expect a secession crisis like in 1860-61, or a putsch or military takeover, rather than a fine-grained revolution from house to house, neighbor to neighbor. There are a lot of ways for a country to fall apart, and French or Russian-type revolution demands famine, starvation. That's unlikely, unless there is one of these EMP or other serious population-killing crises like the preppers expect.

I don’t believe so. I know it seems that way in these forums but when I go out in public everyone is nice and courteous and decent. They don’t care who I support, they just want to be treated well.

Problem is these progressive movements always go too far. So far that the majority of their people realize they no longer recognize their traditional values and the newly liberated moral codes scare the heck out of them.

Right, that's it exactly. The French Revolution trashed French culture even worse than is going on with us, if you can believe it: changed the calendar, month names, dates entirely --- terrible changes, in addition to the 60,000 killed, most by guillotine. Then Napoleon did a putsch in 1799 and that was that for the Revolution, The End.

Same with Stalin and the Russian Revolution. Radical ideas: women held in common among all men was one of the popular ideas among male revolutionaries; you can imagine my opinion of that one! Stalin stopped all the weirdness and took over as dictator, like Napoleon. Same deal with Hitler. People who don't study history don't realize how trashed German culture was after WWI and the 1919 German revolution between communists and the right. And the Depression hit Germany harder than any other country than the USA, for reasons involving their collapsed currency. Hitler did stop all that and take over as dictator.

It happens every single time: count on it.

Except in the U.S., where a dictator did NOT take over, but then our "revolution" was just a colonial uprising, of course, not a real French-type revolution. There are a lot of ways for a political entity to fall apart: it's not always revolution.

New Topics

Forum List

Back