CDZ Is America the greatest nation on Earth?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by DonaldReagan, Jun 22, 2017.

Tags:
?

Is America the greatest nation on Earth?

1. Yes

68.8%
  2. No

31.3%
  1. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +37,896
    There is no "today's definition". I keep telling you people I'm a linguistic archconservative.

There is an original definition, and that's what I cling to. There are also people walking around misusing the term, morphing it into its own opposite -- which of course is a contradiction. But that's their problem.

I just illustrated this for another poster --- imagine a football field. You're sitting on the 50. Two teams on the field, one trying to move the ball to the left, the other to the right. And each opposes the other. Those are obviously the 'left' and the 'right'.

The Liberal, however, is the referee. The ref never carries the ball, never makes a tackle. He just makes sure the playing field is even and nothing takes place out of bounds.

And of course from time to time one team or the other doesn't like the ref's call.

2. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,803
    People that claim America is not the greatest nation on earth have never traveled outside of the nation. Some aging hippy freak teacher corrupted the young minds of the duped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,029
    Frigid is very ANTI. He is a negative person, toxic to be around I'm sure. Read his post, dude has real anger issues.

4. ScienceRocks

ScienceRocks Democrat all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,077
    AMERICA IS NOT GREAT NO MORE!!!

It is quickly becoming a state that violates human rights against people for daring to be different. It is like Iran or Saudi Arabia. I am not proud of it anymore.

5. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,803
    Well it was on it's way to that very thing until the middle of America set us back on track. You can be proud of America again.

6. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,457
    But then again it has a massive impact on your life. I went to Southern Africa for a while. You don't go out at night in Southern Africa, it's too dangerous. That has an impact on your life. In Brazil I'd assume it's the same. Certainly in other parts of Southern Africa I didn't go out at night, but some did and they were more likely to be exposed to crime.

The feeling that crime is there is not a great feeling, that it dictates how you live is also not a great feeling. I grew up in a place with relatively low crime and if it did happen you knew who had done, they all came from the same family.

There's also the fear that someone will try and break into your home etc. That sort of thing you can try and prevent and work to stop happening, but the more you have to work at it, the more you're worrying about it and the more it impacts your life.

7. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,457
    No, you're a baiter and you're going on the ignore list. You have nothing sensible to bring to this debate, and you continually pretend you know people, when you clearly don't.

Bye, have a nice life making shit up.

8. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,029

FYI- Ignore list is the liberal safe space. It's where they go when they have been exposed and can no longer stand up to The scrutiny.