CDZ Is America the greatest nation on Earth?

Is America the greatest nation on Earth?

• Total voters
Best in terms of places I'd like to live?

I'm somewhat a stick in the mud but lets see if I can come up with 10 countries which if I had to relocate would bum me out the least...

Canada
Australia
New Zealand
England
France
Japan
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland

The U.S. is more in control of its own destiny than any of the above thanks to our military might so I guess we're "better" in that regard. That is almost due to geographic isolation and size though.

Norway, Sweden and Finland but no Denmark?

Racist!

:rofl:

I use to think so but I don't anymore...here is a few reasons.
1. We have the largest prison population in the entire developed world. Nearly everything can get you fined, arrested and can ruin your life.
2. Shitty healthcare system that gauges the shit out of medications and hospital bills. We're 35th in healthcare but 1st in health spending....Something stinks.
3. Our public school system is crap. We're 22nd in math and science.
4. Our infrastructure is inferior to Japans, South Korea's and most of Western Europe.
5. We have a political party called the republican party that doesn't want to improve any of these things.

No choice for "don't know"?

Yanno those "best of (insert city)" polls run by local publications?

There's one in New Orleans (and maybe others) that includes the category "best place to have a baby" :uhh:
This question reminds me of that. You'd have to literally experience every country (or every hospital) to answer either one.

Far as I'm concerned the "best" country on earth is whatever one I'm in at the moment. I make the most of it.

Pogo touches on a fair point. Best country at what? There has to be some definition of what you're measuring to determine which is the best. I'd say it is safe to declare that the US sets the world standard in many areas, but will never be able to achieve the standards set by other countries in certain areas because of its sheer size and diversity.

Best at invading, best at expensive healthcare, best at baseball and basketball, best at having a border with Canada....

Sounds like somebody doesn't like this country much. Funny, you seemed to be much more positive about things 12 months ago. Did the US suddenly get better at invading or expensive healthcare. Since the orange clown became POTUS the US has not invaded anywhere, and healthcare hasn't changed. Whose your beef with?

You appear to be thinking that I'm some Democrat clone. You have no idea how I seemed 12 months ago, do you? You just made it up, because that's how you think all Democrats think. I'm not a Democrat.

The US had expensive healthcare last year, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago.

The US hasn't changed because Trump became president, Obama's hope didn't materialize, Bush made things a lot worse that has to be said....

I'm somewhat a stick in the mud but lets see if I can come up with 10 countries which if I had to relocate would bum me out the least...

Canada
Australia
New Zealand
England
France
Japan
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland

The U.S. is more in control of its own destiny than any of the above thanks to our military might so I guess we're "better" in that regard. That is almost due to geographic isolation and size though.

Racist!

lol.

Denmark
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
then Spain
Portugal

After that I really need to see some travel brochures.
Poland
Chile

where am I forgetting....

Canada
Australia
New Zealand
England
France
Japan
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland

Racist!

lol.

Denmark
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
then Spain
Portugal

Poland
Chile

Liechtenstein, Andorra and San Marino. :)

Been to Luxembourg, you're not missing anything.

But I'm thinking Iceland, and maybe Ecuador. And of course New Zealand.

Canada
Australia
New Zealand
England
France
Japan
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland

Racist!

lol.

Denmark
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
then Spain
Portugal

Poland
Chile

Why Ecuador? Maybe I am bothered by the per capita income or proximity to Colombia.

I know that America is without a doubt the greatest nation in the history of mankind, because of capitalism, freedom, and the principles the Founders believed in. However, I'd like to hear both sides.
Not for much longer
False, and false the united states have lost some of their power their prestige and many thanks to the leftists and all the damage done by Obama.
Pity!
RAMclr031210_FULL.jpg

I know that America is without a doubt the greatest nation in the history of mankind, because of capitalism, freedom, and the principles the Founders believed in. However, I'd like to hear both sides.

"Greatest" how?

Are you talking quantitatively or qualitatively? What is your measure of "greatness"?

Not for much longer
False, and false the united states have lost some of their power their prestige and many thanks to the leftists and all the damage done by Obama.
Pity!
View attachment 134957

:lol:

Irony is dead.

Also, there is no best nation on Earth, different nations have different good and bad attributes, each nation has people who are more comfortable or less comfortable with those good and bad attributes.

I figure most Democrats feel the way you do.

You seem to be hung up on this "Democrats" thing in a question that doesn't involve political parties.

So I see your point. The US truly is the greatest nation on earth in terms of political partisan obsession. :thup:

It does as soon as I made my observation and you were affected by it... :eusa_whistle:

That's because I'm laser-focused. I sense thread deflections wid a quickness. :rock:

You sense a lot of nonsense...

... eh, it's fun... :beer:

Okay, so how many other countries have you visited for comparison? I've been to about 55, that's about 1/4 of the world and people think I've traveled a lot.
-------------------------------------------------- so what , so you travel , big deal . You never get to know the reality of actually living in foreign lands as a visitor / tourist . And as a tourist you have money [America dollars] which allows you to pick and choose everything Frigid .

There's one in New Orleans (and maybe others) that includes the category "best place to have a baby" :uhh:
This question reminds me of that. You'd have to literally experience every country (or every hospital) to answer either one.

Far as I'm concerned the "best" country on earth is whatever one I'm in at the moment. I make the most of it.
There is a shortage of bidets..

Pogo touches on a fair point. Best country at what? There has to be some definition of what you're measuring to determine which is the best. I'd say it is safe to declare that the US sets the world standard in many areas, but will never be able to achieve the standards set by other countries in certain areas because of its sheer size and diversity.

Best at invading, best at expensive healthcare, best at baseball and basketball, best at having a border with Canada....

Sounds like somebody doesn't like this country much. Funny, you seemed to be much more positive about things 12 months ago. Did the US suddenly get better at invading or expensive healthcare. Since the orange clown became POTUS the US has not invaded anywhere, and healthcare hasn't changed. Whose your beef with?

You appear to be thinking that I'm some Democrat clone. You have no idea how I seemed 12 months ago, do you? You just made it up, because that's how you think all Democrats think. I'm not a Democrat.

The US had expensive healthcare last year, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago.

The US hasn't changed because Trump became president, Obama's hope didn't materialize, Bush made things a lot worse that has to be said....

Actually you're right. Your not just a democrat clone. I'm sorry, I was wrong. You're a negative liberal who is long on complaints and short on solutions. My guess is things haven't worked out too well for you, so you spend the better part of most days bitching about the latest topic du jour. You are not a happy or friendly person and you likely have very few friends. Sorry for my previous mischaracterization.

Canada
Australia
New Zealand
England
France
Japan
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland

Racist!

lol.

Denmark
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
then Spain
Portugal

Poland
Chile

Why Ecuador? Maybe I am bothered by the per capita income or proximity to Colombia.

Eh, it's just mysterious, being on the equator yet so high an elevation. Plus there's the Galapagos.

It's also one of those places that never shows up in the news. That's always a good thing.

Actually you're right. Your not just a democrat clone. I'm sorry, I was wrong. You're a negative liberal who is long on complaints and short on solutions. My guess is things haven't worked out too well for you, so you spend the better part of most days bitching about the latest topic du jour. You are not a happy or friendly person and you likely have very few friends. Sorry for my previous mischaracterization.

No, again you're wrong, not only in facts, but in grammar and logic. Oh well...

I could give you solutions, but you didn't wait for solutions before starting ANOTHER attack based on almost NOTHING...

You don't know me at all, and your mischaracterizations are just embarrassing.

Canada
Australia
New Zealand
England
France
Japan
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland

Racist!

lol.

Denmark
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
then Spain
Portugal

Poland
Chile

Eh, it's just mysterious, being on the equator yet so high an elevation. Plus there's the Galapagos.

It's also one of those places that never shows up in the news. That's always a good thing.

Also has a nice high level of crime too.

Racist!

lol.

Denmark
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
then Spain
Portugal

Poland
Chile

Meh. So does Brazil, and I'd go there in a heartbeat.
Besides, as a matter of perspective we're sitting in a country that worships death, preferably by firearm, so almost anywhere is a step up from that mentality. There's physical death, and then there's spiritual death by a thousand cuts.

lol.

Denmark
Belgium
The Netherlands
Luxembourg
then Spain
Portugal

Poland
Chile

Besides, as a matter of perspective we're sitting in a country that worships death, preferably by firearm, so almost anywhere is a step up from that mentality. There's physical death, and then there's spiritual death by a thousand cuts.

Well, there are other countries which are much safer, where you can go out at night even in the big cities. Personally I can't stand fearing for my life or other things.

Well, there are other countries which are much safer, where you can go out at night even in the big cities. Personally I can't stand fearing for my life or other things.

I'm not aware of anywhere where crime is ubiquitous and evenly distributed --- that would literally be a war zone. Crime is localized in areas with the conditions that lead to it. If I went to, say, Brazil, I wouldn't be going to be a criminal. On the other hand I'd be far less likely to be a random victim in some wacko's mass shooting spree, and that's something that can't be pre-planned.

I lived in New Orleans during the time it was the murder capital of the country --- it didn't affect me in any way, it's just a statistic. Statistics count, but not for very much.

Forum List

Back