Is America ready for a openly gay Supreme Court justice?"

homosexuals-are-gay.jpg

Why yes, yes they are.

No, it shouldn't. So why all the attention to it?

I would think that generally no one would know anyone else was gay unless the person was telling others. So maybe the question should be why do some gay people feel the need for everyone else to know their sexual preference? If they didn't WANT it to be an issue all they would have to do was not make it an issue.

Well, no one would know someone is straight unless they announced it by that logic.

And?

If you've got a point by all means make it, otherwise stop deflecting and deal with the issue.

I would think that generally no one would know anyone else was gay unless the person was telling others. So maybe the question should be why do some gay people feel the need for everyone else to know their sexual preference? If they didn't WANT it to be an issue all they would have to do was not make it an issue.

Well, no one would know someone is straight unless they announced it by that logic.

And?

If you've got a point by all means make it, otherwise stop deflecting and deal with the issue.

So then, we can follow the stereotype that since many straight people are against gays having equal rights, then straight people are against equal rights, since they are advertising their sexuality more. Good to know. So now I vote, no more straight people in positions of power, gotcha.

And?

So then, we can follow the stereotype that since many straight people are against gays having equal rights, then straight people are against equal rights, since they are advertising their sexuality more. Good to know. So now I vote, no more straight people in positions of power, gotcha.

Ok, I didn't really expect you to give a serious answer and you didn't disappoint.

Next.

Enough of a Supreme Court run by a bunch of privileged, old white men. Since Bush stole the 2000 election with his "daddy's friends" on the Supreme Court, you can forget all the fancy talk about the Constitution. Get someone on the Court who wants to help people, not corporations. A gay liberal ought to liven things up on the Court!

Enough of a Supreme Court run by a bunch of privileged, old white men. Since Bush stole the 2000 election with his "daddy's friends" on the Supreme Court, you can forget all the fancy talk about the Constitution. Get someone on the Court who wants to help people, not corporations. A gay liberal ought to liven things up on the Court!

Bush didn't steal an election. Gore tried to. Bush used the proper course of appeal.

Your mind must be a terrible place to live if you've been deluding yourself all these years with that partisan lie.

I noticed a few of you talking about equal rights and using homosexual marriage as an example of homosexuals not having equal rights. To those people I say this.... marriage is NOT a right!!!

I noticed a few of you talking about equal rights and using homosexual marriage as an example of homosexuals not having equal rights. To those people I say this.... marriage is NOT a right!!!
The Supreme Court ruled that it is a right, so until you overturn the ruling it is a right.

I don't use the ignore feature, I just see your posts and scroll past them. :)

Oh, I see like you did just now.:ahole-1:

I'm a big girl,

Really? You act like a child.

I can decide for myself what to do. By continuing to post in this thread I'm helping you show the rest of the board what kind of person you are

Oh, you mean the kind of person that expects others to have integrity? Yeah, that's me.

and how seriously we should regard you. Thanks for playing along with the insults and name calling. :)

This is a definition of "ignore" that I must be unfamiliar with. Maybe your scroll bar is not working?

according to the requirements under the constitution, it shouldn't matter

No, it shouldn't. So why all the attention to it?

They make it an issue because they are discriminated against on the basis of their sexual orientation. If such discrimination did not exist, they would have no reason to identify themselves as homosexuals.

When you see a heterosexual couple holding hands or kissing, do you ask why they need to make everyone aware of their sexual orientation?

Last edited:
The Supreme Court ruled that it is a right, so until you overturn the ruling it is a right.

marriage is a fundamental right

fundamental rights are not derived from the constitution, rather through historic and traditional notions. hence, why gay marriage does not necessarily enjoy the same protection.

Last edited:
With shit like this, conservatives can no longer claim that their opposition to hate crime laws and gay marriage are based on "tradition" or other bullshit. Its simply because they don't like gays, and opposition to appointing a gay supreme court justice is bigotry, clear and simple.

I'm a conservative (more or less) and I have no problem with having a gay supreme court justice.

I fail to see how being gay affects one's job performance?

And it has, always, astounded me how some people with rather see children being raised by irresponsible, abusive, parents than a loving and responsible gay couple. If I had given a child up for adoption which of these two families do you think I would be happy to learn that my child was being raised by? The gay couple, of course. :)

Forum List

Back