Is America A Christian Nation?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

That's the part you ignore.

WE ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION. We a plurality.

America is not officially a religious state. Very few nations in the world are. All religions are tolerated in America - even the crazy ones. However, most Americans are Christian and we organize our society around Christianity. For all intents and purposes, we are a Christian nation.

We are not a Christian nation. We do not organize our entire nation around Christianity. We organize our nation by Constitutional priniciples that were designed by our Founding Fathers who were Deists--not Christians.

America has a secular government that protects minorities and religious freedom....and is populated by a majority of christians....what else needs to be said. Obummer should STFU and stop kissing the world's ass.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

that's the part the non-belivers don't see....

America is not a Christian nation. It is a nation where we are free to practice the religion of our choice, and to choose to not practice any faith at all. America is full of people who call themselves Christians--how many are "Christ-like"?

Last edited:
Keep telling yourself that. It's a lie, of course, but from what I have seen of you, you're a pro at lying to yourself. We are a democratic nation, made up primarily of Christians, and the basic precepts of our democracy lie within the bible.

But if it makes you feel better to plug your ears and scream "lalalalalalalalalalala" at the top of your stupid voice, go right ahead. It only makes you look like an ignoramus.

I've never ignored it. You won't ever see me squalling for any government control or endorsement of religion, period. Never have, never will. That's a concept that is completely foreign to Baptists, and is the reason we have a separation of church and state as it is.

It's the anti-Christians who want the government to force down the Christians, not the other way around. They want to make it uncomfortable to impossible for us to practice our religion, they want to exclude us from due process and from politics if we dare to make our faith known, they want to declare the language of our bible as hate speech, thus controlling the sermons our ministers are allowed to present.

Don't talk to me about my desire to have a government controlled religion or lack of it. Thanks to me and my people, Christians still have a right to practice religion in this country, despite the fact that progressives, atheists and other anarchists have been trying to beat us down for years, by attempting to manipulate the government to do their bidding, all the while crying that it's the Christians who are attempting to establish a government religion.

Not so. It's the non-Christians who are attempting to use the government to subjugate Christians and eliminate freedom of religion. Get a clue.

Last edited:
We are not a Christian nation. We are a nation that has as it's core tenet in the Constitution to neither limit the practice of religion nor make a state religion.
That means we are a nation with religious freedom. We are NOT a Christian nation. We are not a theocracy.

What that means is that Christians don't get to shove their religion down other citizens throats--except of course--when they do.

Last edited:
Keep telling yourself that. It's a lie, of course, but from what I have seen of you, you're a pro at lying to yourself. We are a democratic nation, made up primarily of Christians, and the basic precepts of our democracy lie within the bible.

But if it makes you feel better to plug your ears and scream "lalalalalalalalalalala" at the top of your stupid voice, go right ahead. It only makes you look like an ignoramus.

perhaps you could quote the appropriate verses, because i'm not buying.

i don't remember anything in there about protection from searches, for example.

America is not a Christian nation. It is a nation where we are free to practice the religion of our choice, and to choose to not practice any faith at all. America is full of people who call themselves Christians--how many are "Christ-like"?

i can't see where i made any claim one way or the other....simply pointing out one side tends to focus on the first part of the phrase and not the second part....which if edited would read....

Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion......

Being a "Christian Nation" is not synonomous with "Theocracy". If you meant "we are not a theocracy" perhaps you should have said that.

But you didn't. You said, ad nauseum, "we are not a Christian nation". Which is a lie. We are a Christian nation, as we are a democracy, and primarily Christian.

That makes us a Christian nation.
You carping over and over "We are not a Christian nation" doesn't make it so, honey. It just makes you sound a little demented and confused.

We are not a Christian nation. We are a nation that has as it's core tenet in the Constitution to neither limit the practice of religion nor make a state religion.
That means we are a nation with religious freedom. We are NOT a Christian nation. We are not a theocracy.

What that means is that Christians don't get to shove their religion down other citizens throats--except of course--when they do.

Pathetic.

Er..I already did quote the appropriate verses.

Other than that, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Do you?

SD is a quibbler. We are not a Christian nation...we are a nation of (primarily) Christians....deal with it....and tell me the difference.

Being a "Christian Nation" is not synonomous with "Theocracy". If you meant "we are not a theocracy" perhaps you should have said that.

But you didn't. You said, ad nauseum, "we are not a Christian nation". Which is a lie. We are a Christian nation, as we are a democracy, and primarily Christian.

That makes us a Christian nation.
You carping over and over "We are not a Christian nation" doesn't make it so, honey. It just makes you sound a little demented and confused.

We are not a Christian nation. If Christianity was the state religion, we could call ourselves a Christian nation. We are a democracy, a plurality, and a country with religious freedom.

That means we are all equal as citizens. We are free to practice the religion of our choice or not practice any religion at all.

This is not quibbling--this is addressing the heart of the matter. The number of Christians versus Mormons or Muslims or Jews is irrelevant. Is Utah a Mormon state?
No. it isn't-- even though many of Utah's citizens practice in the LDS tradition.

I think calling the US a Christian nation is a lie. Perhaps, Christians wish it were true--that because there are so many of them--perhaps they hope one day they can do away with religious freedom.

Last edited:

you said "the basic precepts of our democracy lie within the bible."

prove it. sorry if the previous post was too difficult for you to understand.

No shit. And then throw into the mix, "We aren't a theocracy therefore we aren't a Christian nation" as if that somehow clarifies her idiocy.

Likewise Del's weird post about illegal searches? WTF?

Anyway. We're a Christian nation insofar as we are a democracy (or republic, as you will) and we are primarily Christian.

The Virginia Act for Establishing Religious Freedom, Thomas Jefferson, 1786:

"Well aware that Almighty God hath created the mind free; that all attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burdens, or by civil incapacitations, tend only to beget habits of hypocrisy and meanness (listening, Sky?), and aer a departure from the PLAN OF THE HOLY AUTHOR OF OUR RELIGION, WHO BEING LORD BOTH OF BODY AND MIND, yet chose not to propagate it by coercions on either, as was IN HIS ALMIGHTPOWER TO DO; that the impious presumption of legislators adn rulers, civil as well as ecclesiastical, who, being themselves but fallible and uninspired men, have assumed dominion over the faith of others, setting up their own opinions and modes of thinking as the only true and infallible, and as such endeavoring to impose them on others, hath established and maintained FALSE RELIGIONS over the greatest part of the world, and through all time; that to compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves, is SINFUL AND TYRANNICAL; that even the forcing him to support this or that teacher of his own religious persuasion, is depriving him of the comfortable liberty of giving his contributions to the particular pastor whose morals he would make his pattern, and whose powers he feels most persuasive to righteousness..."

and so on and so forth.

We're a Christian nation. I see no reference to Buddhism or Islam in there, do you?

No shit. And then throw into the mix, "We aren't a theocracy therefore we aren't a Christian nation" as if that somehow clarifies her idiocy.

Anyway. We're a Christian nation insofar as we are a democracy (or republic, as you will) and we are primarily Christian.

"Well aware that Almighty God hath created the mind free; that all attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burdens, or by civil incapacitations, tend only to beget habits of hypocrisy and meanness (listening, Sky?), and aer a departure from the PLAN OF THE HOLY AUTHOR OF OUR RELIGION, WHO BEING LORD BOTH OF BODY AND MIND, yet chose not to propagate it by coercions on either, as was IN HIS ALMIGHTPOWER TO DO; that the impious presumption of legislators adn rulers, civil as well as ecclesiastical, who, being themselves but fallible and uninspired men, have assumed dominion over the faith of others, setting up their own opinions and modes of thinking as the only true and infallible, and as such endeavoring to impose them on others, hath established and maintained FALSE RELIGIONS over the greatest part of the world, and through all time; that to compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves, is SINFUL AND TYRANNICAL; that even the forcing him to support this or that teacher of his own religious persuasion, is depriving him of the comfortable liberty of giving his contributions to the particular pastor whose morals he would make his pattern, and whose powers he feels most persuasive to righteousness..."

and so on and so forth.

We're a Christian nation. I see no reference to Buddhism or Islam in there, do you?

if you anything about jefferson, you'd realize how stupid this makes you look.

and so on and so forth.

I see no reference to Christ or Christians in that document either. That was purposeful.

Last edited:

you said "the basic precepts of our democracy lie within the bible."

prove it. sorry if the previous post was too difficult for you to understand.

I did prove it, idiot. Repeatedly.

But I'll slow it down.

All men are created equal. Period. That's all the Bible is about. Treat your enemy as your friend, treat strangers as you treat family; we are all equal in the eyes of God.

Forum List

Back