Is all taxation theft?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by loosecannon, Dec 12, 2010.

1. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    What our friend, Kennedy has failed to disclose is that whether or not taxes are voluntary wasn't the point he was arguing, at all. That's called a lie of omission.

What Kennedy actually was arguing is that in his opinion all taxes are theft. That was his argument.

The argument is analogous to saying that because you were born in a hospital or a seaside condo you have a god given right to live in that hospital, or condo, without ever paying for any of the services you consume.

We agree to pay taxers when we apply for a tax payer identification number and when we fill out and sign the application for our tax number our signature is an instrument of our legal consent to an obligation to be taxed on our income.

Kennedy argues that he should be able to live here, work here and benefit from all the blessings of citizenship within our nation but that he should still be able to choose not to assume any of the responsibilities included in that deal.

That is what he believes and I am sure he will be happy to say as much again.

If Kennedy doesn't want to honor the contract he signed with our government he is free to leave, move and work elsewhere, and he will be liberated from the responsibilities of US citizenship as well as the rewards.

You go girl!

2. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    What really took me aback was the sentence "If taxes were voluntary, I wouldn't pay." I'm paraphrasing and Kevin may not have written it. But I am astounded that anyone would readily admit that if he had the chance, he scam off all his fellow citizens.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Neser Boha

Neser Boha upgrade your gray matter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    Yawn. Yeah, if you are willing and capable to build your own roads, sanitize your own water, provide electricity and heat for yourself, not to mention food and protection ... sure, then you can opt out of paying taxes and go your merry way. NOBODY can do that though ... so just get over it already! We - the society - have progressed since the hunter-gatherer status and this is what we've come up with so far ...

The old anti-tax tripe is so damn stupid and immature I can't take it seriously anymore ... By the end of college, you should be over it.

Not addressing anyone in particular, just ranting .... ;)

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,671
    Here's the question I want answered. If 50% of the population can get representation without taxation is it fair that the rest of us have to pay?

5. Neser Boha

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    There are about as many idiots in the world as there are scruple-less individuals who would be more than happy to let the whole society go to hell just to save a few bucks. Some people see living in a democracy as being able to be ungrateful little egotistic shits that don't give a flying fuck about anyone else but themselves. It's funny how prevalent is this sentiment seems to be in the US while in other parts of the world it's seen only at the fringes of society (really high up and really low down).

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  6. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I don't recall whether I officially said that or not, but it's true. Given the option I would not pay taxes.

As for loosecannon, this same post has been posted three times in three separate threads. I believe that's spamming.

7. Neser Boha

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    In other words, you're willing to steal from society. You are fine with theft as long as you're the one thieving. Seriously, rethink this.

8. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Government =/= Society

And it's not stealing from government since the government is stealing the money from me. I earned the money, not the government.

9. Ragnar

Ragnar <--- Pic is not me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +843
    There's other parts of the world?

Link? :tongue:

10. Neser Boha

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434