Is Al Gore the Answer?

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080327/us_time/isalgoretheanswer;_ylt=AiT3idYsEedEXlXNYpdAAOsGw_IE

Is Al Gore the Answer?
By JOE KLEIN Thu Mar 27, 4:40 PM ET
Unlike Barack Obama, Bill Clinton does not believe in "the fierce urgency of now." The former President has an exquisitely languid sense of how political time unfurls. He understands that those moments the political community, especially the media, considers urgent usually aren't. He has seen his own election and reelection - and completing his second term - pronounced "impossible" and lived to tell the tale. He remembers that in spring 1992 he had pretty much won the Democratic nomination but was considered a dead man walking, running third behind Bush the Elder and Ross Perot. He knows that April is the silly season in presidential politics, the moment when candidates involved in a bruising primary battle seem weakest and bloodied, as both Hillary Clinton and Obama do now. It's the moment when pundits demand action - "Drop out, Hillary!" - and propound foolish theories. And so I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I'm slouching toward, well, a theory: if this race continues to slide downhill, the answer to the Democratic Party's dilemma may turn out to be Al Gore.

(cont.)

If the question is:

"Can the most ignorant man on the planet run for president?"

then Al Gore is the answer.

If the question is, Who has no compunction about lying through his teeth in a mockumentary, then collecting numerous prizes for being some sort of guru,

If the question is, What man would best make the transition to sock puppet or a character on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood,

So the GOP would love to see Gore as the nominee because the old man would defeat him handily? Makes sense to me...

Al Gore is a joke. He does not care about the environment. He only cares about making money. Think about it – how much money has he made since 2006? Come on, people.

Until he stops flying jumbo jets and living in multi-million dollar mansions, I will have no respect for him.

Only republicans are allowed to make money?

You people are so predictable

Frankly, I would vote for Gore before anyone in the field right now.

Al Gore is a joke. He does not care about the environment. He only cares about making money. Think about it – how much money has he made since 2006? Come on, people.

Until he stops flying jumbo jets and living in multi-million dollar mansions, I will have no respect for him.

It's so ironic that you would say this. Conservatives are all about money. They want as much money for themselves as possible. Al Gore wants as much money for him as possible, yet you guys hate him for it simply because he is a democrat.

Forum List

Back