Is AIDS God's way of punishing homosexuality?

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
Just a thought.

By the way, this thread is not meant to be a slam to children and straight people who have AIDS or HIV, moreover it is meant to be a philosophical discussion.

Semper Fi said:
Just a thought.

By the way, this thread is not meant to be a slam to children and straight people who have AIDS or HIV, moreover it is meant to be a philosophical discussion.
No. The innocent wife of a cheating bisexual man can contract AIDS and die suggesting that AIDS inflicts collateral damage to innocent heterosexuals. I can't believe that God would use such a clumsy method if his purpose was solely to punish homosexuals.

Semper Fi said:
Just a thought.

I'm hoping you don't believe that because to believe that would make you a fucking idiot. But let's just say that the answer to your question is yes.

That would make God an asshole for the following reasons

1. Bisexual people exist
2. If bisexual people exist then heterosexuals would contract the disease
3. Even if he did intend the disease to punish only homosexuals that would make him a homophobic genocidal maniac
4. If God has the ability to see the future then he would know that this is much more than just a gay disease, thus making him a complete asshole if his only purpose was to punish gays even though he knew that it would hurt other people

So to answer your question: No. God did not make AIDS to punish gay people

BUT: If he did then God is an uneducaded homicidal maniac asshole. I'd like to think that if there is a God he's not such a fucking lunatic as you might want him to be portrayed as.

HorhayAtAMD said:
No. The innocent wife of a cheating bisexual man can contract AIDS and die suggesting that AIDS inflicts collateral damage to innocent heterosexuals. I can't believe that God would use such a clumsy method if his purpose was solely to punish homosexuals.

Ditto. Unless you are a homophobic bigot you would never think such a ridiculous theory to hold any water.

And besides if God created us in his own image wouldn't that mean he also created homos in his own image? So unless you think that God is some gender oriented being that is confused about his/her own sexuality I suggest you quit bringing up such stupid pimitive notions.

Powerman said:
I'm hoping you don't believe that because to believe that would make you a fucking idiot. But let's just say that the answer to your question is yes.

1. Bisexual people exist
3. Even if he did intend the disease to punish only homosexuals that would make him a homophobic genocidal maniac
4. If God has the ability to see the future then he would know that this is much more than just a gay disease, thus making him a complete asshole if his only purpose was to punish gays even though he knew that it would hurt other people

BUT: If he did then God is an uneducaded homicidal maniac asshole. I'd like to think that if there is a God he's not such a fucking lunatic as you might want him to be portrayed as.

Is it possible for you to make a post without smarmily calling someone an idiot preemptively? Honestly.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Powerman said:

1. Bisexual people exist

Last warning - STOP this shit, Powerman. I'd bet everyone here is tired of putting up with your GodSlander. I can't recall ONE SINGLE POST of yours recently which wasn't filled with hatred and vile comments about Christianity or God.

More important to this forum, I'm tired of seeing you flame people w/o ANY HINT Of provocation.

Powerman said:
Ditto. Unless you are a homophobic bigot you would never think such a ridiculous theory to hold any water.

And besides if God created us in his own image wouldn't that mean he also created homos in his own image? So unless you think that God is some gender oriented being that is confused about his/her own sexuality I suggest you quit bringing up such stupid pimitive notions.

Got Logic? No? Ahh..

It's so funny to me how you make these HUGE leaps - taking the physical characteristics God created us with, and applying those to our BEHAVIOR.

Anal-Injected-Death-Syndrome is not a punishment from God. It's a consequence of Man's sin.

dmp said:
Last warning - STOP this shit, Powerman. I'd bet everyone here is tired of putting up with your GodSlander. I can't recall ONE SINGLE POST of yours recently which wasn't filled with hatred and vile comments about Christianity or God.

More important to this forum, I'm tired of seeing you flame people w/o ANY HINT Of provocation.

I didn't call anyone an idiot. I didn't have any God slander. I merely stated that IF what this guy was saying was true then God must be a genocidal bigot. And not a very bright one at that because he should have foreseen that the disease would also affect others.

I'm sorry, but how am I supposed to react to such retrograde ideas?

dmp said:
Got Logic? No? Ahh..

It's so funny to me how you make these HUGE leaps - taking the physical characteristics God created us with, and applying those to our BEHAVIOR.

Anal-Injected-Death-Syndrome is not a punishment from God. It's a consequence of Man's sin.

What about people who are born with AIDS. Does God punish them based on their parents actions. What about people in 3rd world countries who get AIDS through blood transfusions? What if for instance as someone said earlier your cheating wife gets AIDS and you no knowing any better gets it from her.

You really believe that AIDS is a punishment from God? Such primitive bullshit I swear. You need to grow up.

Powerman said:
I didn't call anyone an idiot. I didn't have any God slander. I merely stated that IF what this guy was saying was true then God must be a genocidal bigot. And not a very bright one at that because he should have foreseen that the disease would also affect others.

I'm sorry, but how am I supposed to react to such retrograde ideas?

With a little bit of class, instead of retrograde insults.

The ClayTaurus said:
Do you even bother reading?

Yeah I just can't believe that I'm actually reading that. That's literally the equivalent of the nutcases that said that Hurricane Katrina was punishment from God. I can not believe that in 2005 someone would think that a disease that spreads beyond the realm of homosexuals is a punishment from God on homosexuals. You have to admit this God isn't very efficient if that was indeed his plan.

The ClayTaurus said:
With a little bit of class, instead of retrograde insults.

I guess it depends on whether or not you think the word retrograde is an insult. Believing that AIDS is punishment from God is no doubt a very retrograde stance.

Powerman said:
Yeah I just can't believe that I'm actually reading that. That's literally the equivalent of the nutcases that said that Hurricane Katrina was punishment from God. I can not believe that in 2005 someone would think that a disease that spreads beyond the realm of homosexuals is a punishment from God on homosexuals. You have to admit this God isn't very efficient if that was indeed his plan.

Ok, I'll try again. Do you read EVERY word? Pay close attention to the bolded words.

dmp said:
Anal-Injected-Death-Syndrome is not a punishment from God.

The ClayTaurus said:
Ok, I'll try again. Do you read EVERY word? Pay close attention to the bolded words.

Damn...my bad. Too many screwdrivers last night apparently. Sorry dmp. I must have been seeing things there.

Powerman said:
I guess it depends on whether or not you think the word retrograde is an insult. Believing that AIDS is punishment from God is no doubt a very retrograde stance.
Here is everyone's problem with you, in a nutshell. Either someone asks a question and you respond, or you start off with a statement, both go something like this:

"I think that this is the answer, it must be. Well, it might not be, but if you think the other side, you're a fucking moron."

Then, when it's about God, which you somehow know a ton about despite not being a Christian, your method is usually of the like of:

"Well, if that's what God really wanted, he sure is a bigoted idiotic homophobic blah blah blah."

You automatically insult anyone who disagrees with you before they even disagree with you. It makes the vast majority of people not even bother reading what you have to say, and the few of us who do get angry instead of legitimately considering your opinion. I know you think you've found the key to life through your logic, and even if it's true, it doesn't give you the right to go around with the kind of sardonic, asshole attitude that you purvey.

Perhaps the best part is, if you read some of your posts, and switched what side of things you were talking about, you sound like the die-hard evangelical nutcases you so desperately despise.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
The ClayTaurus said:
Here is everyone's problem with you, in a nutshell. Either someone asks a question and you respond, or you start off with a statement, both go something like this:

"I think that this is the answer, it must be. Well, it might not be, but if you think the other side, you're a fucking moron."

Then, when it's about God, which you somehow know a ton about despite not being a Christian, your method is usually of the like of:

"Well, if that's what God really wanted, he sure is a bigoted idiotic homophobic blah blah blah."

You automatically insult anyone who disagrees with you before they even disagree with you. It makes the vast majority of people not even bother reading what you have to say, and the few of us who do get angry instead of legitimately considering your opinion. I know you think you've found the key to life through your logic, and even if it's true, it doesn't give you the right to go around with the kind of sardonic, asshole attitude that you purvey.

Perhaps the best part is, if you read some of your posts, and switched what side of things you were talking about, you sound like the die-hard evangelical nutcases you so desperately despise.

OK I gotcha. I've been pretty reasonable lately. It's just that when I hear something like this it makes me think that the person really is crazy. I don't think there are a ton of rational people who really believe that God is sending diseases to punish people. And while I may not be a Christian, I was raised as a Christian and I am very familiar with the faith. It's not like I'm some atheist from birth who is on a mission to destroy the beliefs of all Christians. I actually think that Christians are from a moral standpoint the best faith there is today.

Powerman said:
OK I gotcha. I've been pretty reasonable lately. It's just that when I hear something like this it makes me think that the person really is crazy. I don't think there are a ton of rational people who really believe that God is sending diseases to punish people. And while I may not be a Christian, I was raised as a Christian and I am very familiar with the faith. It's not like I'm some atheist from birth who is on a mission to destroy the beliefs of all Christians. I actually think that Christians are from a moral standpoint the best faith there is today.
There is thinking someone is crazy, and then there is telling someone they are crazy. Do you see the difference? More importantly, do you understand it?

Forum List

Back