Is AI our biggest threat?

Problem though is at some point AI will be building the other AI because they will be able to do it better than Humans.... what if they decide by them selves to eliminate the kill switch?
AI cant think like that unless its coded to do so. I'm more worried about nanotechnolgy.
We have computers learning by observation already. It is only a matter of time until one will rival our thought patterns! 4years is the current estimate. Our recent advances in quantum computing makes it likely quicker!
Wake me when they start copying our emotional ptifalls and irrational fears which are the cause of the atrocities that humans commit.
Do you want a superior being juging us on how we act? It is this exact logic that scares me! Do you think we would play well to a being that does not have our pitfalls? An intellegent computer would see us as not only a threat to our selves but a threat to them! We fuck up our own kind, not many animals behave this way!

"Do you want a superior being juging us on how we act?"

Think about that for a moment. Isnt that what religion is all about?

A superior being would not have fears or a concept of a threat. Thats strictly a human emotion that was hard coded into our DNA so we could survive.
So you think emotions are the only clue to humans being dangerous? People are extremely dangerous! That is not just a perceived fear it is fact!

AI cant think like that unless its coded to do so. I'm more worried about nanotechnolgy.
We have computers learning by observation already. It is only a matter of time until one will rival our thought patterns! 4years is the current estimate. Our recent advances in quantum computing makes it likely quicker!
Wake me when they start copying our emotional ptifalls and irrational fears which are the cause of the atrocities that humans commit.
Do you want a superior being juging us on how we act? It is this exact logic that scares me! Do you think we would play well to a being that does not have our pitfalls? An intellegent computer would see us as not only a threat to our selves but a threat to them! We fuck up our own kind, not many animals behave this way!

A superior being would not have fears or a concept of a threat. Thats strictly a human emotion that was hard coded into our DNA so we could survive.
So you think emotions are the only clue to humans being dangerous? People are extremely dangerous! That is not just a perceived fear it is fact!
I think emotions and irrational fears are the triggers for humans being dangerous. Actions are based on what you feel. What you feel is based on what you believe.

Biggest threat? The continuing non-education kids are getting.

I think emotions and irrational fears are the triggers for humans being dangerous. Actions are based on what you feel. What you feel is based on what you believe.

You are absolutely correct and I agree 100 percent. Emotions and irrational fears are two of the main things that makes people dangerous. But, those are things that can be fought against and defeated by learning. Someone once said "people fear most, what they understand least". And that not only goes for things, but for people's attitudes as well. If a person doesn't understand the proper care and handling of a gun, chances are, they will be scared to handle it. Teach them how to handle it safely and properly? They no longer fear it, because now they understand it's proper use and handling.

Same thing with people by the way. Bigoted attitudes against others because of their race, religion, sexuality or whatever, is usually because they don't know about them, nor do they have the inclination to learn. But, if you get to know the person beyond your bias against them, you may find them to be useful companions.

Biggest threat? The continuing non-education kids are getting.

America is too busy being at war with itself than fighting enemies abroad.

The war on education is but one example.

Incoming president of British Science Association claims AI bigger threat than terrorism

According to this article, the biggest threat to mankind is not something like global warming, not even Trump.

No, the biggest threat is artificial intelligence.
It is our biggest threat and we created it.

From what I've read, many of Hitler's eugenic ideas came from American Progressives.

America tends to light the fire and then walk away.

Forum List

Back