Is 'African American' a race or an ethnicity?

Is 'African American' a race or an ethnicity?

• Total voters
African Americans are more of a "breed" than anything.

They were brought to the America's after passing a physical inspection before their boat ride.

Then once they were purchased by their new owners.

The men and women were selectively paired up for procreation in order to produce the biggest and strongest offspring possible for manual labor.

In essence, it was no different than what ranchers or farmers do to enhance the value of their livestock.

And created the people we now call African American today.

:confused:

He means you're bigger, stronger, and faster than the average African. And, that your lineage includes a healthy dose of "white owner" in it.
Spot on; but definitely not PC :eusa_angel:

This selective breeding over several hundred years is the main reason the breed known as African American dominates athletic and professional sports all over the world.

He means you're bigger, stronger, and faster than the average African. And, that your lineage includes a healthy dose of "white owner" in it.

This selective breeding over several hundred years is the main reason the breed known as African American dominates athletic and professional sports all over the world.

Since thats no longer practiced won't that eventually change as time goes on?:confused:

Since thats no longer practiced won't that eventually change as time goes on?:confused:
The selective breeding of blacks went on for several hundred years.

Even after slavery was abolished. Blacks in American only married other blacks to have children. So the black "breed" was perpetuated right up until the Civil Rights movement.

Basically, in only the last 50 years has race mixing among African Americans become more common.

So yes, things will change; but only after several generations.

They (we) are an ethnic group here in the United States. This is a group that started with one ethnic group (Africans) then were mixed with white Europeans, Native Americans, and other ethnic groups. As far as "race" the term has been misused and confused, there's only one "race" and that's the human race. I'm guilty of bastardizing the term myself when I state that I am "mixed race".

They (we) are an ethnic group here in the United States. This is a group that started with one ethnic group (Africans) then were mixed with white Europeans, Native Americans, and other ethnic groups. As far as "race" the term has been misused and confused, there's only one "race" and that's the human race. I'm guilty of bastardizing the term myself when I state that I am "mixed race".

yep, gotta say... you're a bastard, PO... ;-)

Isn't the term African American a designation for negroids who possess United States citizenship before racial segregation in America was outlawed?

African Americans are more of a "breed" than anything.

They were brought to the America's after passing a physical inspection before their boat ride.

Then once they were purchased by their new owners.

The men and women were selectively paired up for procreation in order to produce the biggest and strongest offspring possible for manual labor.

In essence, it was no different than what ranchers or farmers do to enhance the value of their livestock.

And created the people we now call African American today.

What was the rate of that "breeding" that you are referring to? Would they "breed" the "biggest and strongest offspring " to work in the house? What percentage of slaves were "bred" that way? Any sources to back that up? What about after 1865, were they still "bred" that way??

Isn't the term African American a designation for negroids who possess United States citizenship before racial segregation in America was outlawed?

could be... myself, I use the term for ignorant dark people who insist on resisting all efforts to integrate them into American society...

Well I don't know how much slavemaster roots I have my dad is pretty dark, however my mom is Irish so I'm half white anyways.

That's a good mix. :) My paternal grandmother was born in Ireland, my paternal grandfather was of Scottish/Native American origin from South Carolina and my maternal grandmother was born in Puerto Rico and my maternal grandfather cam from African and slave roots from South Carolina.

The selective breeding of blacks went on for several hundred years.

Even after slavery was abolished. Blacks in American only married other blacks to have children. So the black "breed" was perpetuated right up until the Civil Rights movement.

Basically, in only the last 50 years has race mixing among African Americans become more common.

So yes, things will change; but only after several generations.

There were plenty of "mixed race" blacks during slavery times.

they (we) are an ethnic group here in the united states. This is a group that started with one ethnic group (africans) then were mixed with white europeans, native americans, and other ethnic groups. As far as "race" the term has been misused and confused, there's only one "race" and that's the human race. I'm guilty of bastardizing the term myself when i state that i am "mixed race".

yep, gotta say... You're a bastard, po... ;-)

lol :)

The term african American is nothing more then the politically correct term du jour at the moment. Give it a few more years....and i am very sure a new term will come up.

Last edited:
The term african American is nothing more then the politically correct term du jour at the moment. Give it a few more years....and i am very sure a new term will come up.

I remember when folks were s'posed to say "negro" instead of "******"...

and then when folks were 'sposed to say "colored" instead of "negro"...

and then when folks were 'sposed to say "black" instead of "colored"...

and then when folks were 'sposed to say "afro-americans" instead of black"...

and then when folks were 'sposed to say "african-americans" instead of "afro-americans"...

fuck it...

'scuse me if I happen to revert to callin' certain dark-skinned folks "fuckin' *******"...

Forum List

Back