Is a state funded education a right?

No one knows Anything better than the Feds do.

Ask anyone who receives Free and Reduced Lunches.
Yeah, I know. The welfare kids on my bus bitch a blue streak if they can't get their morning 'egg' sammich and juice or what ever because the weather made us late. And they bitch LOUD.. After all, they're entitled.

You should also see their faces when I tell them they are not entitled to the bus ride, and can get out and walk if they don't behave and stop fighting/screaming/making a mess/damaging the bus.

Well, my point isn't really to critcise the kids.

My point is that the Free and Reduced Lunch program, which may well be intended to feed kids that would otherwise find it impossible to learn the vital skills needed for all democratic citizens, like adding fractions, or College Chemistry, is really only enabling lazy parents.

If my 7 year old daughter can be taught to make a PB&J Sandwich for herself the night before, the WTF are these parents doing that rely of the Feds Title I?
Thanks for making the point in a way better than I did.

they're not entitled, they're hungry, you stupid son of a bitch.
yeah yeah yeah... then their parents should have done like mine and either fed them or taught them how to make cereal. Some of these kids are highschool students. The little ones I understand because they can't fend for themselves. But the older ones. hell. I did it, they can too.

you do understand that they get fed at school because there's probably no food at home, right?

Not really.

Having NO food at home, with the multitudes of local, state, and federal programs designed to prevent this is more than a little difficult to believe.

Unless these welfare programs are worthless?:eek:

Well, that's just silly.

yeah yeah yeah... then their parents should have done like mine and either fed them or taught them how to make cereal. Some of these kids are highschool students. The little ones I understand because they can't fend for themselves. But the older ones. hell. I did it, they can too.

you do understand that they get fed at school because there's probably no food at home, right?
With the amount of candy wrappers I catch them throwing on the floor, I highly doubt that. The question is, who's responsibility is it for the care and welfare of a child? I posit it's the parents.

i don't disagree.

With the amount of candy wrappers I catch them throwing on the floor, I highly doubt that. The question is, who's responsibility is it for the care and welfare of a child? I posit it's the parents.

On WTF world are you living?

Individual Americans cannot be trusted to Wear a Fucking Seatbelt, but they can be trusted To Drink Responsibly.

You want them to take care of a kid???

Individual Americans cannot be trusted to Wear a Fucking Seatbelt, but they can be trusted To Drink Responsibly.

:gasp:

Yes!

:lol:

I know I'm asking a lot here, but still...

Reminds me of why we need to get rid of warning labels on products so idiots will die off before they breed.

Yes!

Reminds me of why we need to get rid of warning labels on products so idiots will die off before they breed.

You're doing more than asking a lot of parents.

You're asking for Feds to relinquish control.:eek:

I hope you enjoy the sound of black helicopters circling your house tonight.

Yes!

You're doing more than asking a lot of parents.

You're asking for Feds to relinquish control.:eek:

I hope you enjoy the sound of black helicopters circling your house tonight.
They're soothing. Of course I get a great nap with Chloroform and Haldol.

Whuppa whuppa whuppa... Black Heckalopters commin ta get me!

Me in 6 hours

funny-pictures-raccoon-ate-your-garbage.jpg

How would the state not paying for your education violate any of your constitutional rights?

Doesn't matter whether it's a right or not. It's a necessity for strong and free republic.

Early schools were funded primarially by the parents of the students, not by everyone in the community.
We all have a stake in insuring the next generation is educated.

Someday, they'll be running this nation.

Yep, I'm here to point out that a free republic can only exist as such so long as the masses are educated and informed.

To object to education is to object to liberty and freedom, pure and simple.

Only an educated populace can keep the republic.

☭proletarian☭;1972306 said:
Yep, I'm here to point out that a free republic can only exist as such so long as the masses are educated and informed.

Absolutely true. Then why are we supporting a failed public education monopoly?

Privatize and homeschool the works, cheaper and better for the students who will be in the hands of organizations and businesses who are required to produce results, not pass on trouble to the next level of bureaucrat.

More from Mr. Rothbard:
Furthermore, it is inevitable that the State would impose uniformity on the teaching of charges. Not only is uniformity more congenial to the bureaucratic temper and easier to enforce; this would be almost inevitable where collectivism has supplanted individualism. With collective State ownership of the children replacing individual ownership and rights, it is clear that the collective principle would be enforced in teaching as well. Above all, what would be taught is the doctrine of obedience to the State
itself. For tyranny is not really congenial to the spirit of man, who requires freedom for his full development.
Therefore, techniques of inculcating reverence for despotism and other types of "thought control" are bound to emerge. Instead of spontaneity, diversity, and independent men, there would emerge a race of passive, sheep-like followers of the State. Since they would be only incompletely developed, they would be only half-alive.
As to the question "Who should foot the bill for education" the answer is obvious. Employers. And not some lame system where they are taxed by the State and the State decides what is taught, but a system where it is the sole responsibility of a Business to educate it's workforce. If I'm hiring someone I know what they need to know for that job. If the employee wants to learn something outside of that, fine. He should do that on his time and his dime.

☭proletarian☭;1972306 said:

Absolutely true. Then why are we supporting a failed public education monopoly?

Privatize and homeschool the works, cheaper and better for the students who will be in the hands of organizations and businesses who are required to produce results, not pass on trouble to the next level of bureaucrat.

I support leaving it to the States to decide how to fund and run their schools. Federal involvement should be limited to setting minimal educational standards.

More from Mr. Rothbard:
Furthermore, it is inevitable that the State would impose uniformity on the teaching of charges. Not only is uniformity more congenial to the bureaucratic temper and easier to enforce; this would be almost inevitable where collectivism has supplanted individualism. With collective State ownership of the children replacing individual ownership and rights, it is clear that the collective principle would be enforced in teaching as well. Above all, what would be taught is the doctrine of obedience to the State
itself. For tyranny is not really congenial to the spirit of man, who requires freedom for his full development.
Therefore, techniques of inculcating reverence for despotism and other types of "thought control" are bound to emerge. Instead of spontaneity, diversity, and independent men, there would emerge a race of passive, sheep-like followers of the State. Since they would be only incompletely developed, they would be only half-alive.
As to the question "Who should foot the bill for education" the answer is obvious. Employers. And not some lame system where they are taxed by the State and the State decides what is taught, but a system where it is the sole responsibility of a Business to educate it's workforce. If I'm hiring someone I know what they need to know for that job. If the employee wants to learn something outside of that, fine. He should do that on his time and his dime.

Right... so then we have a population ignorant of economics, history, and political science.

Sounds like a great idea :rolleyes:

☭proletarian☭;1972634 said:
Right... so then we have a population ignorant of economics, history, and political science.

Sounds like a great idea :rolleyes:

I was in no way suggesting that people can't learn economics, history, political science, or even the mating habits of tree frogs. My complaint is having education held hostage by the State. Given your screen name I doubt that you would coutenance any study of an economic theory that was critical of your particular worldview, assuming that you had any say in the matter.

Seeing as you know nothing of my worldview or economic positions, I'll try not to laugh too hard at you. :lol:

Does anyone here understand what liberal democracy, an informed electorate, and civic virtue have to do with American education?

we need to use the power of Uncle Sam to force education down the throats of some of our populace at gunpoint if necessary.

Forum List

Back