Is a pro-Romney ad racist? Five questions to ask yourself

Race baiting: Would that include referring to "typical white people" and "if I had a son, he'd look like Travyon" or "I don''t have all the facts but the police officer was clearly racist"... that kind of thing?

It might. It depends on who's saying it and the context.

I realize that Obama said the first item in relationship to his grandmother who he was attempting to describe as not atypical. Here's what he said in total.
"The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity, but that she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know (pause) there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way."​
Who here hasn't seen someone on the street, perhaps late at night, and imagined the worst if it's a young person of another race who looks potentially dangerous, maybe for no other reason than the way he's dressed? I certainly don't think that Obama harbored racist feelings toward his grandmother. Do you?

The second statement about Trayvon is factually true.

I don't believe Obama ever uttered the third statement. I recall he said that the cop acted 'stupidly'. So, perhaps you can find a reputable link (an audio/video would be best) of Obama (or whomever you're claiming made that statement) saying those words.

But I'm not really much into the whole "what about THIS" kind of response. Here's a question for the board. If and when you see racism (or you THINK you see racism), do you ever see it being committed by people who are the same race as you? I ask that question because I've never seen a conservative acknowledge racism in the real world unless they're offering examples of how white people are the victims of it.

Nobody here has ever heard racist comments coming from people of their own race? Odd, because I sure have. Am I supposed to believe that, unlike me, nobody else here has ever witnessed or heard such statements being made by people the same race as themselves? To be precise, I'm not talking about your friends or people you know well. Maybe it's just something you hear when you're out somewhere. Or perhaps someone just says something in your presence or within earshot.

I hear racially insensitive comments all the time. From white folks, black folks, brown folks, yellow folks, red folks, ALL folks.

What's the point of your question?

Romney doesnt see race....His religion just thinks that black people are cursed and ...

Mitt Romney - Who Let the Dogs Out? - YouTube

I have a one word response to be followed by a definition AND context.

Macaca

Common French racist slur. Meaning and use is similar to English '******,' and is used to described non-European (Arab and Black) North Africans. It was in particularly prevalent use during French occupation of Northern Africa. The term has been showing up with increasing frequency as a racial slur on racist websites and chatrooms.

In considering the controversy of whether Senator George Allen truly knew the meaning of the word in his infamous August 11, 2006 outburst, it is significant to note that his mother and numerous relatives are ethnic French expatriates of Tunisia in North Africa.

"This fellow here, over here with the yellow shirt, macaca, or whatever his name is. He's with my opponent. He's following us around everywhere. And it's just great . . . Let's give a welcome to macaca, here. Welcome to America and the real world of Virginia." -- Sen George Allen referring to S.D. Sidarth while campaigning in rural Virginia, Ausgust 2006.

As a note of interest, former Senator Allen is again running for his old Senate seat.

It might. It depends on who's saying it and the context.

I realize that Obama said the first item in relationship to his grandmother who he was attempting to describe as not atypical. Here's what he said in total.
"The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity, but that she is a typical white person. If she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know (pause) there's a reaction in her that doesn't go away and it comes out in the wrong way."​
Who here hasn't seen someone on the street, perhaps late at night, and imagined the worst if it's a young person of another race who looks potentially dangerous, maybe for no other reason than the way he's dressed? I certainly don't think that Obama harbored racist feelings toward his grandmother. Do you?

The second statement about Trayvon is factually true.

I don't believe Obama ever uttered the third statement. I recall he said that the cop acted 'stupidly'. So, perhaps you can find a reputable link (an audio/video would be best) of Obama (or whomever you're claiming made that statement) saying those words.

But I'm not really much into the whole "what about THIS" kind of response. Here's a question for the board. If and when you see racism (or you THINK you see racism), do you ever see it being committed by people who are the same race as you? I ask that question because I've never seen a conservative acknowledge racism in the real world unless they're offering examples of how white people are the victims of it.

Nobody here has ever heard racist comments coming from people of their own race? Odd, because I sure have. Am I supposed to believe that, unlike me, nobody else here has ever witnessed or heard such statements being made by people the same race as themselves? To be precise, I'm not talking about your friends or people you know well. Maybe it's just something you hear when you're out somewhere. Or perhaps someone just says something in your presence or within earshot.

I hear racially insensitive comments all the time. From white folks, black folks, brown folks, yellow folks, red folks, ALL folks.

What's the point of your question?

To get honest answers.

And let me be clear about something else while I'm at it.

I got a neg rep to the tune of about 2,000 on the Op by someone. It puzzled me as to why. So, I sent a PM response to the person to ask why. He answered that he didn't care for race baiting. I'll tell the rest of the board what I told him in another response.
The definition of race baiting is the act of using racially derisive language, actions, or other forms of communication in order to anger or intimidate or coerce a person or group of people.

Therefore, it wasn't race baiting. I shared a commentary written in the Christian Science Monitor and offered a comment of my own in order to open up a discussion on the topic.

BIG difference.​

You people PROVED you were not RACIST by voting for Obama in 2008--now PROVE you're not an IDIOT by NOT voting to reelect him in 2012.

obamas-sinking-ship.jpg

"When you don't have a record to run on, you paint your opponent as someone people need to run from"--Barack Obama

Let me see if I've got this straight, and please feel free to clear up any misunderstanding.

Particular groups of whites are NOT racist, but they need to GET racist? I ask because I think the contention among many is that these certain groups never stopped BEING racist in the first place. Now, I ask you which of the following statements is more likely to be true:

Group X used to be racist, stopped being racist, and is now in the process of perhaps becoming racist again because 'non-white brigades are descending'. OR

Group X never stopped being racist.

Doesn't really matter to me.

I would address Group X as follows:

"For those of you in Group X 1, who used to be racist and stopped, I advise to RETURN TO RACIST. For those in Group X 2, who never stopped, I advise STAYING RACIST. If as Mustang suspects, you're all in Group X 2, that's fine. GET MORE RACIST."

Kind of like a general on the battlefield: I want both cowards and the brave to fight today, because if you don't, you'll be dead tomorrow.

Seriously, bitches. Whites of the future are going to find an existence that is a damn far cry from what their ancestors had: more crime, more welfare, less freedom, no free speech, no freedom of association, ever-widening slums, you have to run farther into the country, no need for Muslim attack because the mosque is next to your fucking house. Whites need to wake up.

Forum List

Back