Is a Jericho scenario possible for the USA in the future???

So is there a way to protect your electronics from an EMP?

Yes but only military equipment is normally shielded. It is expensive to do.

What I always found hilarious was the military takes pains to shield certain comm gear but they did not shield any of their Generators. So if an EMP did happen they would have no way to power the equipment they shielded.

Last edited:
Contrary to the ranting of politicians and media talking heads about how great things are going in these United States, millions of Americans are becoming increasingly aware of the total corruption, crookedness, and chicanery of government officials.

i think this is generally accepted by both left/right here now, save for maybe the most niaeve

why there isn't more of a call for transparency in our governance i'll never know, it'd save a whole lot of fussing and fighting to do so

further, i note how the gun thing really winds people up, i mean ....if there was the same attention paid to all the amendments as well as all the constitution like we seem to do the 2nd, we'd truly be the gaurdians of it

instead, it's this lame wedge issue, over and over again, like chineese water tourture....thinking a physical tool equates to the symbolic epitome of freedom here actually works more as a detriment than anything else imho....

I've met many, many Americans and they seem like pretty rational people. So it must be a core of nutters that think like this. That seem to actually want a nuclear attack by their own government so that they can live the fantasy. You're right, I don't understand it. I don't want to understand it either.

Yeah, you got it, Di.

These are the fans of the Turner Diaries talking here.

They hate our government and essantially they hate the American way of life.

They live in fantasy world, a hazy theory that people like Ayn Rand had the right idea.

quite so Editec, further it's somewhat distressing to realize that they think this>>>>

shotgun1toysMedium.jpg

will protect them from this>>>>

f-16.jpg

Contrary to the ranting of politicians and media talking heads about how great things are going in these United States, millions of Americans are becoming increasingly aware of the total corruption, crookedness, and chicanery of government officials.

i think this is generally accepted by both left/right here now, save for maybe the most niaeve

why there isn't more of a call for transparency in our governance i'll never know, it'd save a whole lot of fussing and fighting to do so

further, i note how the gun thing really winds people up, i mean ....if there was the same attention paid to all the amendments as well as all the constitution like we seem to do the 2nd, we'd truly be the gaurdians of it

instead, it's this lame wedge issue, over and over again, like chineese water tourture....thinking a physical tool equates to the symbolic epitome of freedom here actually works more as a detriment than anything else imho....

So my question is...why do we keep voting the same corrupt parties into power? Are Americans so stupid? Very few people liked either candidate this time, but no one looked at any of the other candidates running, why? Me? I voted 3rd party. Remember, the lesser of to evils is still EVIL. Why on earth would anyone vote for that?

Okay, venting over now...

Yes but only military equipment is normally shielded. It is expensive to do.

What I always found hilarious was the military takes pains to shield certain comm gear but they did not shield any of their Generators. So if an EMP did happen they would have no way to power the equipment they shielded.

Not sure if they need to sheild their generators. Doesn't an EMP pretty much only affect computer chips?

The pressure is definitely there, yes. He needs to surround himself with very, very good people who are there for their expertise in a cabinet position and not for political or partisan reasons. I have been reading about his chief of staff. Some say it's a political payoff, me, I think Obama's got himself a bloke with a bit of mongrel who will not only go for the throat when it's necessary but will tell it to the boss straight.

I think though that this current financial crisis isn't going to cut as deep as it might have done, I think it may even be tailing off but I'm not an economist or financier so what would I know. I'm bloody annoyed at some in our federal and state governments who are whining that the GFC is going to force them to cut programmes and spending. That's the worst bloody thing a government can do when an economy is shrinking, bloody idiots, we put them there to do a job and the moment it gets tough they start whining.

Actually, I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. You can't ship our jobs overseas, bring in foreigners to do the one's here, allow unfettered immigration with them sending tens of billions of dollars out of our economy, and then expect our economy to do well.

In 1968, minimum wage had the highest spending power in history. My brother was able to get his own apartment, buy a car and take college courses at night on minimum wage. Today you can't even get an apartment on minimum wage. The top tax rate was 70%, today, it's what 30%? The tax burden for the top 10% of our country, those that own more than 90% of our wealth are going down while the tax burden on the middle class is getting worse and the middleclass is shrinking.

Don't see how we can get out of this great depression without some serious changes in corporate law and since they basically own the country, I don't see that happening.

Actually that's a very good point. Dehydrated food is lighter. But what about water? Do you need to have a good supply all the time or can you get by with just a few canteens as you're on the move cross-country?
MRE's military operational rations, or dehydrated food you need lots of water or youll be so back packed it'd take a track-hoe to get you regular again....:eek:

Is a Jericho scenario possible for the USA in the future???if so why? if not why? Heres a link to someone who thinks its possible...
Are we headed for Jericho?
I think it's possible, considering the world today. And when people are without their modern conveniences (electricity, government etc), people go completely apeshit, resulting in anarchy.

I agree. I loved the show, they canceled it....The people sent 20,000 lbs of nuts and they put it on again, now I hear it is off again.....
I thought it was a great show too. It was a rare thing: it was an original idea!

Such a thing is rare from Follywood anymore.

Forum List

Back