Is a $5,000 deductible Obamacare policy fair to the poor?

I THINK YOU ARE UNAWARE OF THIS or you would not have made that statement Road runner....but these poor people on the exchange DO NOT AND NEVER HAVE, qualified for MEDICAID....even with the very low incomes that they have...!!!!!

If they go to the exchange to apply for the Obamacare insurance and they qualify for MEDICAID, then they CAN NOT get one of the bronze, silver, or gold insurance policies on the Exchange and get government subsidies.... they are denied the exchange and shuffled to State MEDICAID.
I made it a point all my life not to be poor.

If I wasn't making enough money, I upped my skills set.

I advise the poor to do that and quit being dependent.

We have the fattest poor on earth, and most of their health problems are because we feed them too damned much.

Poor is a state of mind that can be overcome.

No sympathy here.
Sure!
Just hit the Easy Peasy Button!
In the land of free basic education, and free trade school, poverty is a choice.

Known too many poor blacks and whites that escaped it.

Sorry if that does not jive with your image of the poor.
It's been done by many who are poor, I've done it myself.... but I had a middle class family with both parents, still married to each other and excellent schools.... and although my parents never lent a hand financially during my poverty period, they were a backbone to my eventual success and drive to succeed on my own.....

It still was not easy, and one road block after another to make it through, one flat tire that sets you back again, one high fever cold that keeps you away from your hourly wage of which you need every penny that sets you back again etc etc etc..... sure it can be done, but in no way can it be done by everyone, all of the time....unless we give them a leg up....a good education would be a good start.

Two top causes of poverty are dropping out and having babies out of wedlock.

Both, bad personal choices.
yup

Forum List

Back