CDZ Is a 200 dollar fee too much to charge for someone to vote?

I paid a poll tax for about 9 years before the courts ruled it out. It was doubly unconstitutional in the particular state since it was levied only on males. The amount was so small it was unimportant but to a jobless progressive, yeah, $2.00/year probably was beyond their means unless it could have been paid with an EBT card (which didn't exist at the time but does now).

Poll taxes are unnecessary and restrictive, but no problem with charging to take a civics test and pass in order to qualify for a voter registration card; these can be administered by local school districts as part of their 'due' for receiving Federal and state funds.

And Take the private ad money out of the election process, and use 'equal time' public media and print for campaigns will do a lot more.

You might not have a problem with it, but the Constitution does! You should really read it sometime.

I paid a poll tax for about 9 years before the courts ruled it out. It was doubly unconstitutional in the particular state since it was levied only on males. The amount was so small it was unimportant but to a jobless progressive, yeah, $2.00/year probably was beyond their means unless it could have been paid with an EBT card (which didn't exist at the time but does now).

My God, how old are you?

Illinois democrats now have complete control....and they are levying a new tax on gun ownership...raising the fees for simply owning a gun to 200 dollars....which means the poor and minorities will have a much more difficult time exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights...

So....in light of that, is a 200 dollar fee to vote too much to expect for the Right to cast a vote?

They also want to require your fingerprint to own a gun.....so shouldn't you be required to submit a fingerprint to vote? It would be a bonus because then the police could use that print when they investigate any crime they decide warrants looking at the voter fingerprint database.......
Good for Illinois. They should make the fee $500.

Oh? How about you have to pay a fee of 10,000 dollars to have an abortion done. What's good for the goose, lady....

The Courts ruled that citizens have a right to privacy which covers medical procedures. If you elect to avail yourself of medical services to practice that right, you pay for them. If you elect to avail yourself of gun ownership, you pay the merchant.

The difference is that if you choose not to undergo the procedure, you will experience the pains and penalties of childbirth. If you do not buy a gun, you will experience nothing of the sort. So it’s not an apples to apples comparison.

Where is your link to this court decision?

Poll taxes are unnecessary and restrictive, but no problem with charging to take a civics test and pass in order to qualify for a voter registration card; these can be administered by local school districts as part of their 'due' for receiving Federal and state funds.

And Take the private ad money out of the election process, and use 'equal time' public media and print for campaigns will do a lot more.

You might not have a problem with it, but the Constitution does! You should really read it sometime.

IF we went by the Founders' standards, most people wouldn't be allowed to vote today. And,you should take your own advice re reading it; obviously you haven't.

IF we went by the Founders' standards, most people wouldn't be allowed to vote today. And,you should take your own advice re reading it; obviously you haven't.

Listen up, I TAUGHT the Constitution for 21 years. I have forgotten more about it than you probably know.

I agree with your first statement, but there are theses little things called "amendments" that you are ignoring.

Last edited:

Listen up, I TAUGHT the Constitution for 21 years. I have forgotten more about it than you probably know.

I agree with your first statement, but there are theses little things called "amendments" that you are ignoring.

And yet you didn't notice it can still be amended, and Amendments can be repealed. But yes, I do believe you pretended to be teaching.

And yet you didn't notice it can still be amended, and Amendments can be repealed. But yes, I do believe you pretended to be teaching.

Grow up and learn to read, please!

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)

Amendment XXIV, Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Illinois democrats now have complete control....and they are levying a new tax on gun ownership...raising the fees for simply owning a gun to 200 dollars....which means the poor and minorities will have a much more difficult time exercising their 2nd Amendment Rights...

So....in light of that, is a 200 dollar fee to vote too much to expect for the Right to cast a vote?

They also want to require your fingerprint to own a gun.....so shouldn't you be required to submit a fingerprint to vote? It would be a bonus because then the police could use that print when they investigate any crime they decide warrants looking at the voter fingerprint database.......

Oh? How about you have to pay a fee of 10,000 dollars to have an abortion done. What's good for the goose, lady....

The Courts ruled that citizens have a right to privacy which covers medical procedures. If you elect to avail yourself of medical services to practice that right, you pay for them. If you elect to avail yourself of gun ownership, you pay the merchant.

The difference is that if you choose not to undergo the procedure, you will experience the pains and penalties of childbirth. If you do not buy a gun, you will experience nothing of the sort. So it’s not an apples to apples comparison.

Roe V. Wade.

05 in..

Roe V. Wade.

An infamous court decision, based on no law and lacking any Constitutional reference. Bravo!

Forum List

Back