Is 2011 an unusual year for tornados

Now Editec, with observations like that, you are relegating yourself to the status of a 'warmer'.

Until I see evidence supported by the majority of the scientific community that warming is NOT happening?

I'm pretty much going to assume that it is.

When it comes to issues outside my area of expertise and interest, I depend on the experts in those fields to help me formulate my POV.

Egotistical as I can sometimes appear to be?

I recognize my educational limitations and defer to those whose expertise is obviously superior to my own.

My point exactly in this debate. We have the vast majority of scientists from many fields of endevor telling us that we are seeing a very rapid change. We have the whole of the Physics community stating that GHGs drive warming of the Earth.

And we have people like Westwall telling us that the scientists know nothing. Who to believe?

Living on the West Coast the whole of my life, getting close to seven decades now, I have seen the shrinkage of the glaciers, and the winters in Portland, Oregon, where roses have bloomed the whole of the winter. They did not do that in my youth.

Swiss Re tells us that the weather disasters worldwide have increased from 100 a year in the 70s, to a present 500 this year and still counting. Nice graph on this site presenting that data to 2007.

Climate Change: The Next Generation: Jay Kimball: California's other storm of the century

Forum List

Back