IRS rules & power to collect fees on Obamacare

I just heard an attorney on a local radio show make a very odd announcement on the law and its teeth.

According to him:

There will be a box on your tax form that asks if you have health insurance.

If you check no you must add the appropriate amount to your taxes. 695.00 was the figure he gave.

If you check yes you have to offer NO OTHER PROOF OF ANY KIND

If you are not audited it goes no further.

If you are and you were found to be lying the only thing you face is the original fee. No penalty for lying whatsoever just the fee. IF YOU'RE AUDITED.

This is not only insane it is the future bankruptcy of our system. Most of the people that are insured already will contribute nothing. Those that aren't will have the option to lie thus no funding is raised for the program. Thus ballooning our debt big time.

I can not provide any links to this information as I haven't had any time to look but I wanted to post it before I forgot the details of his interview.

Is this accurate? Are our elected officials this stupid? Or was this intentional?

Are democrats actually expecting the poorest among us to work on the honor system despite the fact that it will make them poorer?

Assuming for a moment that this is accurate, how is it going this going to create debt? The purpose of the penalty is to induce people to buy insurance, and in most cases the penalty will be more expensive than actually buying insurance. So the design is intended to have NOBODY paying the penalty.

BS, the penalty is considerable less than any known health insurance policy.

I am not getting ripped off- I do purchase good coverage.

Then you're making an invalid comparison. The health care law doesn't require the amount of coverage that you've elected for.

Ahh so the government can really dig in and own more of our money- what a good little comrade you make der Shittzel.

What in the world are you babbling about?

That's right comrade, most Americans will be forced into a mediocre system and if they want really good care they'll have to pay a lot more extra... It's a boondoggle you unthinking moron.

There are so many more solutions that don't cost money and actually help reform health care so that Americans can have good medical choices.

I am not getting ripped off- I do purchase good coverage.

Then you're making an invalid comparison. The health care law doesn't require the amount of coverage that you've elected for.

Ahh so the government can really dig in and own more of our money- what a good little comrade you make der Shittzel.

That's right comrade, most Americans will be forced into a mediocre system and if they want really good care they'll have to pay a lot more extra... It's a boondoggle you unthinking moron.

There are so many more solutions that don't cost money and actually help reform health care so that Americans can have good medical choices.

You are fear mongered and lied to to the point of idiocy. Change the channel, Pub dupe. ACAjust makes your insurance guaranteed, and cheaper. jfc

I just heard an attorney on a local radio show make a very odd announcement on the law and its teeth.

According to him:

If you check no you must add the appropriate amount to your taxes. 695.00 was the figure he gave.

If you are and you were found to be lying the only thing you face is the original fee. No penalty for lying whatsoever just the fee. IF YOU'RE AUDITED.

This is not only insane it is the future bankruptcy of our system. Most of the people that are insured already will contribute nothing. Those that aren't will have the option to lie thus no funding is raised for the program. Thus ballooning our debt big time.

I can not provide any links to this information as I haven't had any time to look but I wanted to post it before I forgot the details of his interview.

Is this accurate? Are our elected officials this stupid? Or was this intentional?

Are democrats actually expecting the poorest among us to work on the honor system despite the fact that it will make them poorer?

Yeah, go lying to the IRS and see where that gets you. The IRS is not known for their kindness in dealing with liars.

However, let us tke a look at car insurance. When I insure my car I get an easily forged printed copy of my present insurance from the agent's printer. Because the insurance company wants their profits they offer up an easy system to confirm with the state that I have not lied in claiming I have insurance. it is so easy a street cop can run it when I get pulled over. I am pretty sure they are not going to just rely on your honesty, but your idea that they would in this day of instant verification due to computers shows you are just as stupid as always, and your whining is just as precious as always to me.

According to him:

Yeah, go lying to the IRS and see where that gets you. The IRS is not known for their kindness in dealing with liars.

However, let us tke a look at car insurance. When I insure my car I get an easily forged printed copy of my present insurance from the agent's printer. Because the insurance company wants their profits they offer up an easy system to confirm with the state that I have not lied in claiming I have insurance. it is so easy a street cop can run it when I get pulled over. I am pretty sure they are not going to just rely on your honesty, but your idea that they would in this day of instant verification due to computers shows you are just as stupid as always, and your whining is just as precious as always to me.

Apparently you can't read. It's not "my idea". I clearly stated I heard this on the radio and then asked if it was accurate.

Rather than address the validity of what I heard you go into a partisan insult.

Fuck off.

Is this accurate guys?

No.

What’s not accurate is the notion the poor will be somehow ‘penalized.’

If one can not afford health insurance, it will be provided for him by his state’s Medicaid program. He’s thus covered and not subject to any tax.

And if one already has health insurance, this is not an issue.

The tax would apply only to those whose incomes are sufficient to afford health insurance, or where it’s offered at their place of employment, and they refuse to participate.

And who is the lucky bureaucrat that gets to decide what income is 'sufficient'?

According to him:

I serious doubt your information. According to the CBO, the penalty is not included in the revenue to finance the ACA. It's not included as a revenue source because there's no way to estimate how much revenue it might raise. So any revenue raised by the penalty could be used to offset costs.

http://www.acponline.org/advocacy/w...internists_guide/i2-how-is-the-aca-funded.pdf

It's very unlikely that a significant number of people will chose to opt out for several reasons, the strongest being they will be paying penalties and losing tax breaks to avoid having insurance coverage. This makes no sense. Low income earners will be covered by Medicaid. If you don't buy insurance, then you don't get the tax credits nor the tax deduction plus you face a penalty. Just the tax credit alone for a family of 4 with spouses age 45 and a $60,000 income would be $9,300. The penalty is actual 2.5% of income, $2,065/year max. beginning in 2016.

HEALTH CARE: The individual mandate will make coverage fairer and more affordable | NC Justice Center

The IRS assumes the tax payer is being truthful, and there's no reason why the IRS should assume otherwise. However, the penalties for lying on your tax forms can be very stiff. Claiming you have insurance when you don't could subject you to penalties much higher than the penalty for opting out.

IRS Penalties for Lying on Your Taxes | eHow.com

According to him:

Apparently you can't read. It's not "my idea". I clearly stated I heard this on the radio and then asked if it was accurate.

Fuck off.

Oh, then no it is not accurate and you are an idiot for listening to the chicken little radio show. You are a gullible fool to even think so, and I think your tinfoil hate is causing you to become more delusional than normal. Are you sure you wan to be around here when your alzheimers is kicking up like this gramps?

You are fear mongered and lied to to the point of idiocy. Change the channel, Pub dupe. ACAjust makes your insurance guaranteed, and cheaper. jfc

The lie is that this is not a tax- and you bought hook line and sinker sucker fish.

Health care will become a less quality more expensive product (to the tax payer in general) then it is currently.

It is not idiocy to understand and desire a free market solution- but leave it to a sucker fish to bite the obamabait.

According to him:

NPR had a report this afternoon with regard to the basics of the tax:

NPR Media Player

Fuck off.

Oh, then no it is not accurate and you are an idiot for listening to the chicken little radio show. You are a gullible fool to even think so, and I think your tinfoil hate is causing you to become more delusional than normal. Are you sure you wan to be around here when your alzheimers is kicking up like this gramps?

shut up

Fuck off.

I could easily whip your ass mentally and physically even with Alzheimer's

You are a chump looking for an argument, nothing more. When you can win the fight against pimples give me a call and we'll hook up for a beer and some fun.

Until then suck my left testicle.

Fuck off.

Though I often disagree with Murked, his posts are coherent, and straight forward.

This monster must BE REPEALED..

VOTE OBAMA OUT

Last edited:

Forum List

Back