IRS/Lottery: State 'Tithe' [Capitalism Apologetics?]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is responsible for the collection of taxes in America. The lottery system in America is a prize-contest awarding monies to players competing in a jackpot/raffle game, in many cases endorsed/organized by state/local governments.

A person feeling 'concerned' about the capital-system in America is conscious of the obligations created by the IRS and the opportunism/excitement created by lottery games.

In this way, the IRS and the lottery system are diametric opposites, serving to remind us of the 'functionalism' of an economic system in which monies/assets are cycled through to create 'circulatory capital' vitality.

Reaganomics was criticized for promoting consumerism by 'pumping up' the wealthy. Today, Trumponomics has been criticized for over-inflating the social value of commerce (at the expense of governance-monitoring). Nevertheless, both economic systems (incidentally/ironically implemented by two celebrity-presidents, Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump, who are 'experienced' in social customs/etiquette through their ventures in entertainment/media and hence consumerism-culture) serve to remind us how capitalism policies and institutions and initiatives such as the IRS and the lottery system create 'pedestrian patriotism' towards federal perspectives on asset circulation.

The IRS (taxation) and lottery system (prize-games) regulated by governance comprise a form of state 'tithe' since they encourage contemplation of social control over private profits.

How then should we evaluate taxation and lotteries in terms of overall 'capitalism apologetics'? Such a question goes to the patriotic functioning of capitalism rhetoric (at least that's what President Trump's been telling us!).

:5_1_12024:

====

TRUMP: All this capital flow is exciting!
CNN: What did you make of the recent $1 billion lottery-prize?
TRUMP: Boy, that's exciting...consumers feel like they're participating in culture.
CNN: Is America truly a 'capitalism culture'?
TRUMP: I believe it is; and I think Reaganomics got a 'bad reputation.'
CNN: Are you an advocate of top-down spending?
TRUMP: I like the general idea of spending-based systemic vitality.
CNN: Some criticize 'Trumponomics' for myopia regarding wealth-protection.
TRUMP: Well, they say things like, "Trump's energy policy is inflation-blind."
CNN: Should educators tell students that capitalism is a 'wealth tank'?
TRUMP: Today's students should feel capitalism is an 'injection-system.'
CNN: What do you mean?
TRUMP: Capitalism 'infuses' social networking through participatory consumerism.
CNN: In other words, the Home Shopping Network encourages social consciousness!
TRUMP: Precisely...that's why America should encourage World Bank 'diarism.'
CNN: Is capitalism a 'daredevil-system'?
TRUMP: It seems to me that wealth-vitality is the hallmark of capitalism.
CNN: And wealth-vitality, by definition, creates 'risk-consciousness.'
TRUMP: Yes it does; when consumers think of risk, they're conscious of patriotism!
CNN: Are you a fan of Richie Rich, Kingpin, and Montana Max?
TRUMP: I appreciate pop-culture characterizations of 'fortune-humor.'
CNN: Can capitalism create patriotism through 'bureaucracy-humor'?
TRUMP: I believe humor and free-speech separates capitalism from communism.
CNN: Perhaps taxation/lottery creates 'tithe-based' policy-supervision.
TRUMP: Many politicians and voters would agree...

====

kingpin1.jpg

Forum List

Back