IRS: "It's not our job to help stop fraud"

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
When you see stuff like this, you can't help but laugh at the pro-big government liberal crowd. The waste, fraud, and abuse is never ending. And even when they are aware of the situation, the incredibly lazy people in the federal government just declare "it's not my job".

The agency’s commissioner, John Koskinen, said Wednesday “Our responsibility is to make sure they pay their taxes”. We have Social Security and immigration authorities and others who enforce that part of the law, and if we start looking behind the system and doing their job for them, we’re going discourage a lot of people from paying the taxes they owe.”

So just to be very clear here - the head of the IRS openly admitted that he is exponentially more concerned about bringing in tax revenue to the federal government than he is in preventing crime or protecting American citizens.

IRS head: Not our job to go after illegal immigrants

When you see stuff like this, you can't help but laugh at the pro-big government liberal crowd. The waste, fraud, and abuse is never ending. And even when they are aware of the situation, the incredibly lazy people in the federal government just declare "it's not my job".

The agency’s commissioner, John Koskinen, said Wednesday “Our responsibility is to make sure they pay their taxes”. We have Social Security and immigration authorities and others who enforce that part of the law, and if we start looking behind the system and doing their job for them, we’re going discourage a lot of people from paying the taxes they owe.”

So just to be very clear here - the head of the IRS openly admitted that he is exponentially more concerned about bringing in tax revenue to the federal government than he is in preventing crime or protecting American citizens.

IRS is incorporated in Puerto Rico because it is actually a trust (#62) and isn't licensed to even conduct business within the 50 states...only the District of Columbia. It is the collection arm of the International Monetary Fund. The income tax was never ratified by enough states besides, the Supreme Court said that the 16th amendment gave no new powers to tax.

http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/taxreformpanel/comments/_files/033005MitchellPaul.pdf

Dude, he's right. It's not his job to enforce immigration law. His job is to make sure everyone pays their taxes. That is what he gets paid to do.

IRS is incorporated in Puerto Rico because it is actually a trust (#62) and isn't licensed to even conduct business within the 50 states...only the District of Columbia. It is the collection arm of the International Monetary Fund. The income tax was never ratified by enough states besides, the Supreme Court said that the 16th amendment gave no new powers to tax.

http://govinfo.library.unt.edu/taxreformpanel/comments/_files/033005MitchellPaul.pdf

:booze:

I know more than you........

Dude, he's right. It's not his job to enforce immigration law. His job is to make sure everyone pays their taxes. That is what he gets paid to do.
Dude....he's wrong (and so are you). For starters - an illegal alien is not even permitted to work in the U.S. Furthermore, as a non-citizen of the U.S., the IRS has zero authority to tax him or her. The IRS can't tax citizens from other nations.

But most of all - it's sick on a level I can't even imagine that a member of the federal government would be more concerned about bringing in money than the rule of law. I'm not - however - the least bit surprised that a lawless liberal such as yourself would applaud such a thing.

I know more than you........
In all honesty - my 6 year old daughter knows more than him. He's a liberal which means he's completely and totally uninformed. He logs into his liberal comfort-food propaganda sites every so often, takes everything they say as gospel without questioning anything, and deems the U.S. Constitution null and void.

Of course it is not the IRS job to STOP fraud

Their job is to PERPETRATE fraud.

They will steal, loot and plunder in order satisfy the voracious appetite of the gargantuan welfare/warfare police state.

See, unlike you, I research before spouting off. And while I'm not ready to declare his information as indisputable "fact" already - the first thing I came across while researching this does in fact support what he stated.

31 Questions and Answers about the IRS, Revision 3.4

Thank you for posting this! This was something I was unaware of and will be doing some extensive research on now. If this is indeed true, this is one of the most egregious abuses of federal power to date.

No doubt. It could easily be argued they already have to much power.

Thank you for posting this! This was something I was unaware of and will be doing some extensive research on now. If this is indeed true, this is one of the most egregious abuses of federal power to date.

When you go down this rabbit hole, prepare yourself to be shocked and very angry. I will shoot you some more links privately.

When you go down this rabbit hole, prepare yourself to be shocked and very angry. I will shoot you some more links privately.

Man....I am officially down the rabbit hole and I can't believe what I am finding. For instance, the documentation I've come across indicates that this was all made possible by the state of Ohio in 1911. But it said the problem was, Ohio wasn't a state in 1911. They didn't become a state until 1953. Being pretty sure that was completely false, I did research on that (I was 99% certain it was the early 1800's) and found this gem:

Ohio became a state on March 1, 1803, although no formal declaration was madeuntil 1953, when President Dwight Eisenhower officially signed the documents making it a state, retroactive to the original date.

So in vintage federal government inefficiency, it took them 150 years to sign the documents actually making Ohio a state. I mean....WTF?!?!

See, unlike you, I research before spouting off. And while I'm not ready to declare his information as indisputable "fact" already - the first thing I came across while researching this does in fact support what he stated.

31 Questions and Answers about the IRS, Revision 3.4

:booze

The IRS is all about punishing the successful...

Man....I am officially down the rabbit hole and I can't believe what I am finding. For instance, the documentation I've come across indicates that this was all made possible by the state of Ohio in 1911. But it said the problem was, Ohio wasn't a state in 1911. They didn't become a state until 1953. Being pretty sure that was completely false, I did research on that (I was 99% certain it was the early 1800's) and found this gem:

Ohio became a state on March 1, 1803, although no formal declaration was madeuntil 1953, when President Dwight Eisenhower officially signed the documents making it a state, retroactive to the original date.

So in vintage federal government inefficiency, it took them 150 years to sign the documents actually making Ohio a state. I mean....WTF?!?!

It's gonna be a wild ride, my friend....

Forum List

Back