IRS Idiots called my bicycle a possible bomb......

ABS, there have been several serious attacks on IRS buildings just this year.

Man Angry at IRS Crashes Plane into Office - CBS News

White Powder Found at IRS Facility in Odgen, Utah: Anthrax Attack? - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Is the IRS Under Attack? | Wall St. Cheat Sheet

Facilities ? Fedline - The Federal Times Blog - federal news, government operations, agency management, pay & benefits

Dun provoke the guards, ABS. In all likelihood they are federal cops, not rent-a-cops. You need to adjust your reality-viewer; they will not make any exceptions to whatever procedures they have been instructed to follow. All that'll happen is you'll end up annoyed or even being held.

Get a good locking chain for your bike. I'm very sorry this happened to you, but things have changed for federal workers more than they have for the rest of us.

Bicycles aren't planes or car bombs Madeline. And, to rig something like that which would pass, would take a lot of cash, as well as a lot of work.

I ain't got the cash, I don't like to do extra work, and besides that.......I really like my bicycle and hope to ride it for several decades more.

What's even more, is I'm a 20 year retired Navy veteran who has served in 4 war zones, and to be lumped into that category just really harshes my mellow.

And I was in such a good mood before the IRS...........but the ride back and the cute girls who said "hi" to me put me back in an okay mood.

Bitching about it on here helped a bit too.

I know how you feel, ABS. Last time I flew on a plane, a security guard pulled me off the boarding line to search my purse and carry ons and I nearly missed my flight. Believe me, I dun look dangerous....this is just how things are. People are scared and some overreact; the chief nitwits in charge draw up procedures and rules that are often times goofy -- but we all have to live with them.

There's just no upside to arguing with cops.

White Powder Found at IRS Facility in Odgen, Utah: Anthrax Attack? - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Facilities ? Fedline - The Federal Times Blog - federal news, government operations, agency management, pay & benefits

Dun provoke the guards, ABS. In all likelihood they are federal cops, not rent-a-cops. You need to adjust your reality-viewer; they will not make any exceptions to whatever procedures they have been instructed to follow. All that'll happen is you'll end up annoyed or even being held.

Get a good locking chain for your bike. I'm very sorry this happened to you, but things have changed for federal workers more than they have for the rest of us.

Bicycles aren't planes or car bombs Madeline. And, to rig something like that which would pass, would take a lot of cash, as well as a lot of work.

I ain't got the cash, I don't like to do extra work, and besides that.......I really like my bicycle and hope to ride it for several decades more.

What's even more, is I'm a 20 year retired Navy veteran who has served in 4 war zones, and to be lumped into that category just really harshes my mellow.

And I was in such a good mood before the IRS...........but the ride back and the cute girls who said "hi" to me put me back in an okay mood.

You were voicing frustration, not bitching. Both beat whining any day. I forgot to ask, did they let you in with a backpack? That would be a more likely bomb IMO.

You have a couple of things working against you here:

1. Obama is targeting vets as terrorists.
2. IRS employees don't get out much. I'm surprised they knew it was a bike.
3. Bikes are made from pipes.

I guess my question is, it WILL be a bomb next time right?

Obama is targeting vets as terrorists? Got a link for that one?

Yeah.......I was kinda surprised they knew it was a bike as well, because everytime I've been there, the place is way boring and somber. It's almost like going on a trip to zombie land with the way that some of 'em act.

Bikes are made from pipes. Yeah.......I get that, but you also realize that if you packed a bike frame with something, it would more than likely be traced by some kind of sniffer that they'd more than likely have in the place? It's kinda hard to make a bicycle into a bomb that ISN'T strapped on. I've researched some of the bicycle bombs, and most of them that I've read about had something strapped in the basket (no.......my bicycle WOULD NEVER have a basket), or strapped to the back.

Besides.........I've got several thousand miles on that bike (over 1500 in Amarillo alone just this summer, and that's not counting the trips that I've done over the Eastern seaboard), so no only is it something that I like, but I've grown kinda attached to my bike since I bought it in '97.

But, like I said, these knee jerk reactions have gotta cease.

As far as turning it into something explosive? It's only that way when I jump on the pedals and start sprinting outta the stop lights. I can hit 24 before I'm even across the intersection.

Your right, they should have let you in with the bike. Just kidding you. They don't let cell phones in many court houses anymore. Equally stupid.

Interestingly enough..........the same rule applies when you walk into the IRS office here in Amarillo. They said it's because there is really sensitive information that they don't want someone to take pictures of or whatever....

And the real bitch about that one? My cell phone is OLD and doesn't do anything except text and make calls.

You know........if this country was a bit less paranoid and a little more helpful, the terrorists WOULDN'T win.

You were voicing frustration, not bitching. Both beat whining any day. I forgot to ask, did they let you in with a backpack? That would be a more likely bomb IMO.

I didn't have a backpack, everything I needed was in my jersey pockets.

However........I HAVE seen people in there before with backpacks.

Interestingly enough..........the same rule applies when you walk into the IRS office here in Amarillo. They said it's because there is really sensitive information that they don't want someone to take pictures of or whatever....

And the real bitch about that one? My cell phone is OLD and doesn't do anything except text and make calls.

You know........if this country was a bit less paranoid and a little more helpful, the terrorists WOULDN'T win.

Good point. I consider it a terrorist win, if they get us to live differently.

Wrong.......the pudgy little security guard said that it could be classified as a bomb, which is why they wanted me to put it out in the lobby.

I told the idiot that he was being a dick, and that if someone stole my bike while I was there, he was gonna have to fork over the cash for me to get a new one (around 4,000).

Really pisses me off when I run into civilian idiots like that who like to follow the fear mongering.

Besides........there is NO FUCKING WAY that you could pack enough explosive in or on that bike without it being rather obvious. Why? My bike only weighs 18 lbs.

You could pack enough explosive inside the tubing portions of the bike to be a formidable shrapnel bomb.

Obama is targeting vets as terrorists? Got a link for that one?

Yeah.......I was kinda surprised they knew it was a bike as well, because everytime I've been there, the place is way boring and somber. It's almost like going on a trip to zombie land with the way that some of 'em act.

Bikes are made from pipes. Yeah.......I get that, but you also realize that if you packed a bike frame with something, it would more than likely be traced by some kind of sniffer that they'd more than likely have in the place? It's kinda hard to make a bicycle into a bomb that ISN'T strapped on. I've researched some of the bicycle bombs, and most of them that I've read about had something strapped in the basket (no.......my bicycle WOULD NEVER have a basket), or strapped to the back.

Besides.........I've got several thousand miles on that bike (over 1500 in Amarillo alone just this summer, and that's not counting the trips that I've done over the Eastern seaboard), so no only is it something that I like, but I've grown kinda attached to my bike since I bought it in '97.

But, like I said, these knee jerk reactions have gotta cease.

As far as turning it into something explosive? It's only that way when I jump on the pedals and start sprinting outta the stop lights. I can hit 24 before I'm even across the intersection.

Your right, they should have let you in with the bike. Just kidding you. They don't let cell phones in many court houses anymore. Equally stupid.

Because of the fear factor (which if fed well by some factions in our country) the terrorists have won to a certain degree.

Wrong.......the pudgy little security guard said that it could be classified as a bomb, which is why they wanted me to put it out in the lobby.

I told the idiot that he was being a dick, and that if someone stole my bike while I was there, he was gonna have to fork over the cash for me to get a new one (around 4,000).

Really pisses me off when I run into civilian idiots like that who like to follow the fear mongering.

Besides........there is NO FUCKING WAY that you could pack enough explosive in or on that bike without it being rather obvious. Why? My bike only weighs 18 lbs.

You could pack enough explosive inside the tubing portions of the bike to be a formidable shrapnel bomb.

To be an effective anti personnel bomb it would need more metal objects than just the bike.

To be an effective anti personnel bomb it would need more metal objects than just the bike.

Ohh shattered high tensile tubing shards would work nicely.

Forum List

Back