'Irreparable Harm' if one hears someone say 'Thank God!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Seriously, wtf?!

Chief U.S. District Judge Fred Biery’s order against the Medina Valley Independent School District also forbids students from using specific religious words including “prayer” and “amen.”

Should a student violate the order, school district officials could find themselves in legal trouble. Judge Biery ordered that his ruling be “enforced by incarceration or other sanctions for contempt of Court if not obeyed by District official (sic) and their agents.”
Judge Bans Religious Words From Graduation Ceremony « FOX News Radio

Update: Judge Bans Prayer at TX Graduation Citing ‘Irreparable Harm’ | The Blaze

But the Rev. Barry Lynn, executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, hailed the judge’s decision.
“This is a high school graduation,” he told Fox News Radio. “It is not a church service.”
What?! A graduating student or a football player saying 'I want to thank my mother, and my coach, and god for everything i have and for making this all possible' is free-fucking speech and expression. We're not talking about school-organized prayer or the support of any given religion by the school or government.

What next, arresting people for saying '[god] bless you' when you sneeze?' Banning the use of the word 'mecca' when I describe Hot Topic as a gathering place for little mall goths?

Jesus-fuckin'-Christ, this is some bullshit. Oops, guess I can't say that name, can I? Mary mother of go- God damn it, I did it again!

Seriously, what the fuck?

I am guessing the graduation is over, but a great outcome would have been one student after another saying "Thank God" out loud as they received their diploma.

It's funny, isn't it.... we have rappers who talk about women as 'hoes' and glamorizing killing cops, but say the words 'thank God' and that's offensive.

God Almighty, what has this country come to?

Fucking lunatics have taken over our asylum.

It's funny, isn't it.... we have rappers who talk about women as 'hoes' and glamorizing killing cops, but say the words 'thank God' and that's offensive.

God Almighty, what has this country come to?

Fucking lunatics have taken over our asylum.
And the people who oppose the reverent use of the word "God", generally, have no problem with the profane use...or with a radical preacher asking God to damn America.

Good thing their outrage doesn't have to make a lick of sense, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back