Irrational Exuberance

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
No stinking links, I don't need no stinking links....just an observation...

I just don't think it's a good thing when Congress is in the Christmas rush passing legislation, budgets and so for without having time to read it themselves, let alone the American people.. as promised.

Is this something we can all agree on, for a change..

Hell, they don't read the bills in any of the other months so why are we bitching because they don't read the bills in December??????????

I just don't think it's a good thing when Congress is in the Christmas rush passing legislation, budgets and so for without having time to read it themselves, let alone the American people.. as promised.

Change for the better ...and all that stuff.:lol:

Yeah, Representative Government at its best.

These guys, at the Helm of Our Nation, takin' care of me......shit....

Makes me feel so lucky that I cannot simply log-in to a poll on the issue, and cast my individual vote along with each and every other American.:rolleyes:

Hell, they don't read the bills in any of the other months so why are we bitching because they don't read the bills in December??????????

Well heck, I feel virtually bitch slapped at the moment... I guess I needed that, reality and all...:lol:..

Change for the better ...and all that stuff.:lol:

Christmas spirit.... or.... rum and coke... :lol:... BBD virtually slapped me. it worked

And we're suppose to trust our government?
We're suppose to think that they actually know what's best for us?
This is the same government that spends 300 dollars on a stinkin wrench?
If they spend 300 on a stinkin wrench, I know they don't know how to read.

I'm kind of worried about my eye sight...

I thought you said wench, seemed reasonable..:lol:

And we're suppose to trust our government?
We're suppose to think that they actually know what's best for us?
This is the same government that spends 300 dollars on a stinkin wrench?
If they spend 300 on a stinkin wrench, I know they don't know how to read.

I'm kind of worried about my eye sight...

I thought you said wench, seemed reasonable..:lol:

:lol:

This post could be fun.. let's give it another try...

Congress has a Christmas party to attend. Wouldn't you be in a hurry also?

drunk-santa.jpg

Do you like pre-mature ejaculation during sex?

Then whey does anyone advocate pre-mature politics?

You know the only true moral hazard in economics is the belief economics is moral at all.

Economics is about gain, grab what you can while you can, be that from the US financial industry creating Byzantine financial products that are really no more than a roulette wheel gamble or China using cheap labour and controlling their currency to sell and gain.

All economics is amoral.

If you want morality, do not expect to find it, anywhere, at anytime, when you are buying or selling.

The trick to morality is not to live for buying or selling solely, not to buy or sell your humanity.

Last edited:
You know the only true moral hazard in economics is the belief economics is moral at all.

Economics is about gain, grab what you can while you can, be that from the US financial industry creating Byzantine financial products that are really no more than a roulette wheel gamble or China using cheap labour and controlling their currency to sell and gain.

All economics is amoral.

If you want it morality, do not expect to find it, anywhere, at anytime, when you are buying or selling.

The trick to morality is not to live for buying or selling solely, not to sell your humanity.

Economics may be amoral, but it is not immoral. Immoral is sitting in Congress or on the Federal Reserve Bank or in the FDIC and watching all of this going on when you have the power to rein it in and to do nothing because you are afraid anything you do will be so politically unpopular that it will hurt your career. Had the Fed or the FDIC early on questioned the AAA ratings these mortgage backed securities were given or had either announced the banks would not be allowed to hold them as cash reserves, the financial crisis could have been averted. Did these people really not know what they were looking at or did they just decide to protect themselves and let the rest of the world go to hell?

What makes you think Congress doesn't read the legislation? Each Congressman has staff subject matter experts who pour over the legislation and highlight the critical passages. There are also internal discussions over critical aspects of the bill and its repercussions. Does each congressman read every line of legal mumbo jumbo? No
Does any congressman read every single line without help from his staff? He is lying if he says he reads and understands every passage

Good point

the system has become so convoluted, the majority just depend on their leadership and staff to "tell" them what to think and what to say

Which really calls into question- what is the point of even having a Congress, if the members vote for things that they don't fully understand or they vote for things because their leadership tells them to vote for it?

Forum List

Back