Irony (in Christian Terms)

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by catzmeow, Sep 15, 2011.

1. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    [​IMG]

I wonder how many of you have ever critically examined the root basis of your "faith." This was one of the foundational premises of Christianity that I first rejected.

2. Youwerecreated

Youwerecreated VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Do you believe we are all ignorant and uneducated or something ?

God is both loving and just,do loving parents hand out punishment ?

3. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Timmy, I love you so much that if you don't eat your peas I'll set you on fire for ETERNITY!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +174
    What laws do the evil break ?

What laws do childrten break against their parents ?

Not all Christians believe in a firery place of torment .that kinda cointradicts God being loving and just no ?

5. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    You can't pick and choose what part of the bible you want to believe in. Argue about the trinity all you want, such is a matter of denominational interpretation, but the bible is clear about what the wages of sin is. If you don't believe in hell you might as well have just said that you don't believe in salvation either.

6. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Exactly what could your children do that would make you feel that throwing them into a roaring fire would be a fit punishment? If you think that is normal parent/child interaction, I hope you don't have children.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    I think that you are a reasonably intelligent man who hasn't really thought through the ultimate meaning of his beliefs in these terms. You're old, you're scared of hell, and you'd suck up to God in any way necessary to keep him from torturing you. I don't think that people who are in the middle of a panic attack are the most capable of rational thought.

8. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +174
    To understand the term hell you have to trace it's roots in both Hebrew and Greek the term is represented by Sheol, Hades and Gehenna they all represent Hell which is described as the world of the dead and and where people sleep and their thoughts are no more. In other words it is the grave of mankind.

It is eternal judgment unless you're resurrected from there which many will be.

Then the grave some day will be no more that is why it say's in the book of revelation that death and hell was cast into the lake of fire, pointing out the fact that they will exist no more because there will be no more death.

Rev 21:4 And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain; for the first things passed away.

Now to look at death and hell.

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him sitting on it was Death, and Hell followed with him. And authority was given to them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword and with hunger and with death and by the beasts of the earth.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell delivered up the dead in them. And each one of them was judged according to their works.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death.

Can you see the symbolism ?

9. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,468
  10. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +174
    We are not talking about a mans judgment that is limited we are talking about a Gods judgment that knows all.

His ways are definately diffgerent from ours., Being a just God he does not go back on his words and God does not destroy us for evey sin that is why there is atonement. He will forgive sin but on his final judgment he knows everyone that is worthy of the world to come young and old.

He has the ability to know our hearts there is nothing we can hide from him. You and I think like a finite human being where God reason and thinks as an infinite being. But he made it clear to all men there will be an accounting for all sin period.

We don't have the ability to look at a child and know he will be a career criminal or serial killer God does. We see all children as innocent but the bible say's we all sin and we were born in sin.