IRONY ALERT! Republicans vote to tax the rich

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
What a hoot. The House Republicans split right down the middle...half of them voted to tax the AIG bozos.

I don't think the AIGers should lose their bonuses, btw, if they have acted criminally they should be charged.

But what a freaking riot to see the Republicans tax the rich!!!

I wonder if these AIGers will join in the Tax Day Teaparty Revolution. :eusa_eh:

What a hoot. The House Republicans split right down the middle...half of them voted to tax the AIG bozos.

I don't think the AIGers should lose their bonuses, btw, if they have acted criminally they should be charged.

I wonder if these AIGers will join in the Tax Day Teaparty Revolution. :eusa_eh:

could it be they want the money back that they never wanted them to get in the first place....

None SJ, which is why they retracted the limits and did it with taxes.

If we had not bailed them out how would they have paid themselves the bonuses?

could it be they want the money back that they never wanted them to get in the first place....
I doubt it. I think it has more to do with the fact that roughly 88% of Americans think the AIG employees shouldn't get the bonuses.

The limit of contracts would have been illegal and would have spent years in court.

This way they only get 10%.

Manu,

I'm confused. Are they trying to take back money they didn't want to give out to begin with or are they "taxing profits of the rich?"

Here is what you said earlier in another thread on this same topic:

so now that congress has passed a law to retroactively tax profits of the rich......

who do you think will be next.....

lots of bonuses were paid out last year to lots of folks.....why stop at last year....

lets go back 10 years and retroactively pass tax laws to punish the rich....

Which is it?

None SJ, which is why they retracted the limits and did it with taxes.

If we had not bailed them out how would they have paid themselves the bonuses?

This is why people like you should limit your comments, you still think rich people are stupid. You do not get rich by being stupid.
We know that you get your money after so many hours at work problem is you are to busy working to make any money . I'll give you one way they would get bonuses with out the loan from the government. Ya don't pay something else and then if the Business goes Ch 11 it does but you got yours. Well how about another.
They ask for loans (bailout) to get thru future anticipated bad cash flow but still have enough capital to operate the company till bad cash flow situations arrive its called operating in the red probably 75 % of small businesses operate in the red and with the lack of credit lines and real estate values being decreased its even harder to capitalize. :confused::confused::confused:

I think it will be challenged in the supreme court.
I wonder how many of the congressmen actually read the bill they signed that created this tax.
I wonder what else is in it............just saying

It still has to go to the Senate - where the process will be much slower. The House Democrats are notorious for over emotionalized tizzy fits - that is all this was today.

To have Charlie Rangel, who is under investigation for tax fraud, sponsoring this bill is astounding even by Washington DC standards.

The Senate Dems will be far more controlled - and the version to come from them likely different.

Much of what the House Dems were doing today was just smoke and mirrors, an attempt to get back in front of this issue so as to look like they really care about these bonuses and protect the White House.

A growing number of Democrats are saying to hell with that though - they are pissed at this White House, namely Geithner. Geithner, due to Obama's still strong popularity, will take the brunt of this anger - I give him a 50/50 shot at lasting this current storm.

I wonder how many of the congressmen actually read the bill they signed that created this tax.

It still has to go to the Senate - where the process will be much slower. The House Democrats are notorious for over emotionalized tizzy fits - that is all this was today.

To have Charlie Rangel, who is under investigation for tax fraud, sponsoring this bill is astounding even by Washington DC standards.

The Senate Dems will be far more controlled - and the version to come from them likely different.

Much of what the House Dems were doing today was just smoke and mirrors, an attempt to get back in front of this issue so as to look like they really care about these bonuses and protect the White House.

A growing number of Democrats are saying to hell with that though - they are pissed at this White House, namely Geithner. Geithner, due to Obama's still strong popularity, will take the brunt of this anger - I give him a 50/50 shot at lasting this current storm.
Ah...a tizzy fit...that explains the Dems vote to tax the rich. :lol: What explains the Republicans vote to tax the rich...hypocricy is all I see.

Ah...a tizzy fit...that explains the Dems vote to tax the rich. :lol: What explains the Republicans vote to tax the rich...hypocricy is all I see.

It is clear you choose to see very little.

Perhaps you should be remarking on the Democrats having Charlie Rangel sponsor this tax bill - the same Charlie Rangel under investigation for tax fraud.

Perhaps you can "see" the hypocrisy of that?

From CNBC today:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq3AcWPzWIE[/ame]

Last edited:

even if that were true, i think this sets bad precedent. for starters, look at how libs are calling them hypocrites. the serious issue is the ability of congress to create a tax that is designed to punish a specific group of people. this is similar to bills of attainder which are unconstitutional.

A whole lot of politicans (synonym for Asshat) are grand standing the hell out of this in the great good hope that it will deflect the American people away from vastly more important things such as the Fed printing another trillion dollars...

Some "hoot." I am just SHOCKED some politicians voted along the line of public sentiment.:eusa_hand:

What IS a hoot is you trying to say Republicans would be against taxing the bonuses. It's bail-out money. One would assume it would be used for bare necessities until the ship can be righted.

An even bigger hoot is leftwingers frothing at the mouth demanding the bonuses be taxed or not paid, but you don't care if welfare recipients use their handouts for high-speed internet and cable TV.

Really crappy comparison. High speed internet and cable tv million dollar bonuses.

You do not get rich by being stupid.

Then how do you explain how they totally screwed up their companies and have to be bailed out? Today you apparently can get rich and be stupid.

We don't have leaders like we used to who knew the business and customer.

Did anyone happen to consider that maybe the Republicans aren't just hypocrites? Maybe they realized that this is a special case in that these AIG employees didn't earn their bonuses, especially the ones who no longer work there and still got the bonus. Something to think about. :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back